LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

Going out to try this myself on one of the ladies. Can't hurt the smaller one worse than it already looks. I'll also let the clippings dry and satisfy my other urge of not being able to wait for plants to grow :)

Thanks for the tips!

Kicking my ass for not trying something like that years ago but I'll be trying it now on half my buds that are at 4 weeks today. I'll be sure to write it up in my journal and include a link to page 1.

+Rep for bring it to my attention! :thumb:

L8r

L.A. bro that's mad to have it clarified, in a grow once I burnt the tips of a few buds on one plant (no cool tubes and ducting ha ha), they were destroyed and didn't want em dry out on top and somehow cause a prob for the cola, paranoid perhaps ha ha, but I cut em off also, and also noticed the bud shape was awesome! It happened with about three weeks to go in my case and the results were pretty cool. Awesome as the see if clarified in a sense ha ha.

Cheers bro!!
KJC420

Does this thread ever end? :)

Been reading it for days and still only on p 15. definitely will do this on my big back porch plants (2 calypso rose clones, which I just put outside for the summer & let 'em go, only my 2nd grow). Thanks, LA, and those who have posted pics.

Btw, since they are outside, I couldn't really tell when they started blooming. Was it when the little hairs showed up?

Hi LA,

I can't wait to try this out on my girls soon. I've 4 autos on the go, Advanced Seeds Auto Blue Diesel and Auto Somango and Auto Freezeberry, which was a freebie. They're all at about day 24 so are beginning to show some leg. Looking forward to the snip. Not many chaps would say that. :D

Thanks for taking the time to share the knowledge, greatly appreciated.

Peace brother.

Hi LA,

May I humbly request your presence at my grow? It's in my signature.

I have a couple of autos at Day 43 and wanted to see if they're potentially at the backbuilding stage. Both strains are 60-70 day strains (breeders timescale) but I want to let them ripen fully.

My gut feeling tells me to wait another 10 days. May I please ask what you think mate? Pics are post 15 and 16.

Thanks, Barliman.

:thumb:

Hi LA,

May I humbly request your presence at my grow? It's in my signature.

I have a couple of autos at Day 43 and wanted to see if they're potentially at the backbuilding stage. Both strains are 60-70 day strains (breeders timescale) but I want to let them ripen fully.

My gut feeling tells me to wait another 10 days. May I please ask what you think mate? Pics are post 15 and 16.

Thanks, Barliman.

:thumb:

Hi again LA,

I nipped the tips today. Hope this will be cool with autos! Post #69 in my journal. Kind regards and I'll keep photo comparisons..... ;)

this worked almost too well for me. the buds i backbuild were considerably beefier. so much so that most of them developed mold. not from the technique i'm sure though. just regular outdoor oregon late fall bud problems. i'm a convert and will be clipping all my colas from now on.

thanks again.

I'm a convert! I snipped some buds on two Calypso Rose plants ~5 wks into bloom outdoors (mid-Sept), and those buds are huge, about the size of beer bottles. (They're under 1KW HPS now and going strong still.)

Anyone heard of Calypso Rose? Can't find any info on it (I was given clones), but it's a vigorous grower, indica I guess, and I'll soon be up to my eyeballs in it.

Thanks again, LA!

Back
Top Bottom