LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

You Guys/Gals are killing me! now I have to snip my buds when it's time. When I started thinking about Growing a friend told me" They are weeds dude just throw them in a pot splash some water on them once in awhile and let'em grow. I have Super-cropped, Done a whole lot of LST, and now this. I am looking forward to smacking my friend upside his head with one of my Big Beautiful Buds that I am sure will be bigger and better than anything he has ever grown with his method. I never dreamed it was this involved and am loving it. Thank you LA and all the others that have posted here, I am on board, this 420 group is amazing:circle-of-love:

Light addict how is the health? Last I heard you was running your last thread and garden bc health issues where jist making it to hard? Either way your one of the most creative growers I know that star ship plant was just amazing the NODE STACKINT THE BACK BUILDING , FLUX/MAINLINE. YOU HAVE SHOWN SO MANY GREAT WAYS TO GET GREAT EVEN PLACED COLAS FOR DEEP PENETRATION. I HAVE DONE SOME AMAZING MAINLINE , I NODE STACK AND BACK BUILD EVERY GROW ALONG WITH SOME OTHER TRICKS ( stem split, drought before harvest, 48 hours at 65 degrees lights off.
You shut ur light off for 48 hrs before u harvest?

You shut ur light off for 48 hrs before u harvest?
done it many times a 24 or 48 hr dark time The one this: if you give your plant 24-48hrs dark time in flower; lets say in week 4 THIS will shorten you flower time by one week dark times create stress and the plant re-acts to it but have read studies of dark times and there is really no affect on plant

Applied the technique to this plant that just entered week 6 of Flower and it seems to be working out pretty well. I have noticed the buds "swelling" the past week and a half or so.

Attachments

• 20200402_074109.jpg
    20200402_074109.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 361
Hello LA (incase you’re active :D) and everyone else who still follows this thread!

So, how I understand the tech is to snip off the growth point of the bud (does it work best with the apical bud because of the apical dominace?) …and therefore the bud won’t continue growing vertically anymore - Instead it starts to develop new ”fox tail” grow points which makes the bud like a tear drop and more swelled.
Am I completely wrong here?

Anyway the biggest ones I’ve seen so far looks to foxtail pretty hard. ”Foxtailing” is usually a sign of a plant's stress from excessive heat. Could this method however stress the plant or make it more susceptible to the heat?
Whether anyone has reported a deterioration in quality of backbuilt buds?

From my own experience plants that been foxtailing hard during the bloom/ripen are of a lower quality finished product than in normal & good conditions grown buds. Obv they might be bigger, but IMO quality suffers.
Backbuild experts anyone??

- Verb

Hello LA (incase you’re active :D) and everyone else who still follows this thread!

So, how I understand the tech is to snip off the growth point of the bud (does it work best with the apical bud because of the apical dominace?) …and therefore the bud won’t continue growing vertically anymore - Instead it starts to develop new ”fox tail” grow points which makes the bud like a tear drop and more swelled.
Am I completely wrong here?

Anyway the biggest ones I’ve seen so far looks to foxtail pretty hard. ”Foxtailing” is usually a sign of a plant's stress from excessive heat. Could this method however stress the plant or make it more susceptible to the heat?
Whether anyone has reported a deterioration in quality of backbuilt buds?

From my own experience plants that been foxtailing hard during the bloom/ripen are of a lower quality finished product than in normal & good conditions grown buds. Obv they might be bigger, but IMO quality suffers.
Backbuild experts anyone??

- Verb
as mentioned foxtailing is a trait fo 100% sativa strains - if one dosen't want foxtails on their grow - do "bud cutting" (NOT THE CORRECT NAME) but you cut the foztail off so it can re-bud (cut just the "tail off" the very top of) generally heat cause foxtailing

Back
Top Bottom