Lem's 2015 Indoor/Outdoor/Anywhere It'll Grow Journal

OOPS I got so many plants I forgot these. This is the SLH plant that I revegged last season so I would have some thing to take clones off of :
DSCF47911.JPG
This is the White Widow I started from seed in January that Ive been cloning off of :
DSCF47921.JPG
and This is the RKS I started from seed at the same time as the WW :
DSCF47932.JPG
As soon as I clear the clone room, Im going 6 internodes down on every branch, on all three plants and taking them as clones. Then Ill let them grow out again, and then do the same. Now Im done with the Update. TOAST

Small Tutorial : I don't think I have ever showen you guys just how I get the clones from the bags into the soil. One time a few years back I saw this rack in some ones trash and through it in my trunk:
DSCF47711.JPG
I had some old Drip water system stuff laying around and I attached a sprayer to each side of the rack :
DSCF47721.JPG
DSCF47731.JPG
I use the top of the rack as a work station. So what I do is turn on the misters, take the rooted plant out of the bag, spray the under side of the leaves :
DSCF4774.JPG
Then the top side:
DSCF4775.JPG
Then I put them on the ground under the spray, while go in and cut and mark the bags they are going in:
DSCF4778.JPG
Check this out - Ive told you before that if you don't have an internode to work with when you clone, you can score the stem above your 70 degree cut and every where you do so will root like crazy. The razor blade must be clean. So heres the proof . Check out the roots on this RKS from just getting a little of over splash of Dip n Grow:
DSCF4777.JPG
After I get the bags cut and marked, I fill them 3/4 of the way full of soil, add some water, put in the clone, cover the Rockwool with soil, and put them back under the sprayers for about an hour:
DSCF4780.JPG
and that's it. Havent lost one yet. Hope that helps TOAST

All right I was going to tell you all that I trashed my Indoor Crop or I should say CRAP, because they look like SHIT and are a total EMBARRASSMENT. But I got to thinking for the most people on this site don't show you there Fuck Ups. It leads you to believe all there plants are perfect.

Holy words, lem :bravo:

MINI UPDATE: Planter#1 and Indoor Crap - Well let me say Planter #1 is going superbly. Its really fun pinning down the branches. I had no idea what I was doing last year, and the five plants were a hand full. Taking what I learned last time, and applying it to three plants is working way better. Im not trying to force them down this time and with the extra room its easy to inter weave the branches. Up until a couple minutes a go I had planed to say, " I have broken no branches so far ". But right before I came in I was watering them and the water made a branch to heavy and it snapped, Shit Happens. But other than that Im real happy with it. Here some pics :
DSCF4804.JPG
DSCF4807.JPG
DSCF4808.JPG
DSCF4809.JPG
DSCF48101.JPG
The Indoor Crap is making a come back. What I did was, right after the Update where I told you the DAMN Spider Mites layed waste to my plants, I took the sprayer I use to Leaf feed and filled it full of hot water from the tap and added ( I didn't measure ) some Dawn dish soap. Two good squirts. Then drenched the plants. Sense then every day I have been turning the hose nozzle to Flat Spray and power spraying the tops and bottoms of the leaves and the stems real good. Now there not going to look very good but wait until next time, Heres pic :
DSCF48121.JPG
DSCF48131.JPG
DSCF48141.JPG
DSCF48151.JPG
For the past three weeks I have only been giving them water. On Monday I will start the Regement. Two part Sensi Bloom by Advanced Nutrients and alternating waterings with Jamaican Bat Guano. The Sensi Bloom is the stuff I bought last year and didn't use. Once I get all the crap that's not going to do any thing cut off the plants and start the feeding they should look and grow a lot better. I came real close to trashing them. There were two plants on the hill that I planted to close together, so I pulled the one that I thought was going to cause the most trouble. A good friend, when I asked his advice, came up with a great idea, to pull the branches of one plant one direction and the branches of the other plant the other way, thus having room for both plants, Brilliant. But I have enough plants I could let the one just grow naturely so I pulled the other this time. But that was an exsolent idea that I will store in my knowledge bank for future reference. I cant think of any thing else. So until next time HAPPY TRAILS ( Quicksilver Messenger Service ) Con 23 Later TOAST

Happy trails

quicksilver.jpg

... and nice harvest

0061735.jpg

:hookah:

Hey Conrad, I new you would like that reference. You know I keep feeling that every thing is way behind schedule. I went through last years Journal to see the date I planted Planter #2, it being the last to be planted. It blew my mind, I didn't get those clones in the ground until July 5th. So I guess Im accually ahead of schedule. I haven't grown from seeds for so long I for got how that goes. They still have plenty of time to do there thing and I can stop freaking out.LOL I hope the Grape Dog comes out close to the Jack Dog ( thanks for the name ) that Lester grew, cause that shit ( and I cant stress this enough ) IS FUCKING INCREDABLE!!! I have some where around 20 Grape Dog and only 3 Jack Dog and no Ultra Dog. So it turns out your the only one in the world with that strain. So do it proud. That's pretty cool dude. I swear dude if Lester had not got impatent and vegged his plants longer and jar cured it properly. Cannabis Cup Time. But who knew. As it is right now its A++, it just doesn't have that exhale that puts a smile on your face and I believe that's because of the 2 week cure. If cured right and can get the exhale, ( and I know you know what Im talkin bout ) its A+++ possibly the best in the world, and deffinately the best bud in California. So keep that in mind with the Grape and the Ultra. You will more that likely have some thing special up in them there hills. LOL Hope every thing go smooth. Later my friend. TOAST P.S. You know the Volcano thing, is looking right on. I picked all the seeds that I germinated that way and they all appear to be Females. We will know for sure by the end of the month. That was a great observation by who ever came up with that. Thank you for that information.

I just came in from the clone room, and I would like to report - White Widow clones weird. The clones I took from the top of the plant, cloned normal and are in soil. There are four left, that I took from the inside of the plant, that were much smaller then the ones I took from the top. The roots are coming out the top of the rockwool and the sides like this:
DSCF48221.JPG
but none out of the bottom yet. Remember how I trashed that one indoor plant. But before I did I cut off the top branches and then cut those into pieces and then cloned them. Just so you know Im not crazy, heres a chunk of branch. lol
DSCF4817.JPG
DSCF48181.JPG
DSCF48201.JPG
This is what I consider fully rooted:
DSCF4823.JPG
Im going to leave them all in the bags until Im ready to clone the SLH,RKS, and WW mothers. Heres another chunk of branch:
DSCF4824.JPG
DSCF48251.JPG
That first picture is not a WW. I had already done those before I got out the camera. So I just used that picture as an example. C-YA

I've never had White Widow do that, but I have some free seeds from a White Widow based breeder whose clones are rooting out the tops of rockwool cubes. They start out at the top, go down into the cube, come out the sides, then the bottom. This is the first time I have kept a film of water at the bottom of my clone dome, so it may be the extra moisture.

Roots coming out above the cube

20150606_073306-1.jpg

Later roots coming out the sides

20150606_072106-1-1.jpg

I'm sure Lester did a top job, you should probably give this bud 4 weeks more and it's gonna come up :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ultra Dogs are doing good, last pics from about 10 days ago look like that.

029258.jpg
023356.jpg
0071617.jpg

Grape Dog before harvest looked like that, just chopped it actually.

gd212.jpg
gd58.jpg

gd83.jpg

:hookah:

Radogast, thanks for the input. This is my first time growing WW so Im learning as I go with this strain. When I open the bags again I will take pictures to show you just how many roots are coming out the top. Its crazy looking. When ever I get a little over splash of the Dip N Grow on the stem above the Rockwool it will through roots in the air. But that's not the case with the WW. Its appears the roots are starting in the Rockwool then curving up and heading for the light or some thing. Its just some thing weird. Im sure they will come out normal once in the soil. Conrad, very nice, looks like the Ultra Dog is going to be a monster and the Grape Dog looks pretty wicked. Here are 2 pics of my smallest Grape Dog at 18 in high.
DSCF4826.JPG
DSCF4827.JPG
It looks like they are going to be monsters also. TOAST

Yeah, I have some more of them but not that pretty, similar pheno though :thumb:
The one that I harvested now looked more like a male in veg and I was really surprised it showed female preflowers, we'll see how it smokes :smokin:

Here's a little some thing you might not know. Back in the early 70's when I first moved to Florida I met this cat named SOMA. You youngsters that don't know who he is, ( and think Soma is a drug ) need to get on the internet and look him up. If it wasn't for him going around the world collecting Land Race seeds and taking them to Amsterdam you wouldn't have the pot your smoking now. He showed me some thing a long time ago you my be interested in. Here's a picture of a plant with out staggered internodes:
DSCF48291.JPG
Here is a plant with staggered internodes:
DSCF4831.JPG
Most seeds are not trained to have staggered internodes, like in pic #1. If staggered internodes are as much a desired quality to you as they are to me, here's how you do it. Once your plant has three good sets of leaves, top it. You will get two branches coming off the main stem. After they have three sets of leaves, top both branches again. You will now get four branches. Go three sets and top again. Continue to do that until the internodes on the new branches start staggering. Different strains take a different number of times topping for this to accure. Once you get your staggered internode branches, clone them. Grow those plants out, all the branches on the clones now have staggered internodes. Some branches will have internodes that are staggered further apart then other branches. Pick the branches that have the internodes real close together and clone them. Grow them out and do the same. After you do that three times, you can make seeds, and those seed will produce plants with staggered internodes. Like in pic #2. After three times your plants are trained, but if you continue to do that, you will find branches where the internodes are right on top of each other, making your buds extremely tight and not fluffy. I hope that wasn't to confuseing, its really not that hard it just takes a while. Just FYI TOAST

Good Greek Morning, Lem.

I hope that wasn't to confuseing, its really not that hard it just takes a while.

Now THAT is top shelf, premium quality advice. Maybe the more experienced growers here knew that, but I've never read anything like it before.
*goes to buy new packet of razor blades*
Thank you very much indeed. :thanks:

Lem, an update on Ultra Dog. There are two phenos, bushy short indica, and stretchy OG. All topped. There you go.

Stretchy
043123.jpg
042142.jpg

Bushy
031227.jpg
033207.jpg

:blunt:

Check this Bud out:
IMG_068810.JPG
IMG_068310.JPG
Has any one ever heard of bud that is just used to produce seeds. This plant pollinated its self, and not just a few seeds here and there, There were hundreds of seeds in each bud and they were all Feminized and no other plants in the grow room were effected. I had never seen any thing like it. I have all ways thought it was a special plant some one developed to make mass seeds. I don't know but it sure was weird. TOAST

Hmmm what strain was it?

Conrad, I don't know it was one of those seeds some one gave me, and they had no idea what it was. You would have thought, that giant pile of dirt I made earlier this year would have cut it. But I ran out and I have a lot more plants to go in the dirt. So I had to make more:
DSCF4840.JPG

DSCF4835.JPG
DSCF48381.JPG
DSCF4841.JPG
DSCF4841.JPG
DSCF4842.JPG
DSCF48431.JPG
The stupid store that I get that big bag of peralite doesn't open until 9:00 am, so by the time I got there and back it was all ready blazing out side. It would have been nice to have been able to do this at 6:00 am. BUT NO. Now my ass is kicked and I have no energy to do the other things I wanted to accomplish to day. I did start the Advanced Nutrients this morning on the indoor crap. Then next time I water it will be BAT GUANO TEA. I wanted to find the Jack Dogs and clone them to double my number of plants. But right now theres no way Im climbing the hill. Got to go Hydrate. TOAST

Back
Top Bottom