Let It Grow With Barney's Farm

Ramblinrose1965

Here goes my 5th grow first journal. My two new girls Blue and Peyote just took the plunge into sterilized shot glasses with distilled water. I moved them from the photo shoot to a heat mat set to 75°F. I'm gonna let them fester for about 12 hrs in the pool and then use the paper towel method.
20240422_210840.jpg

Stay tuned kids......

I'm late, but here! Looking forward to this.
Thanks for the tag.

:popcorn:

Love the shot glasses (and that background). I quit drinking about 25 years ago, but still have a collection of shot glasses. I've put them to the same use. ;-)
Glad to have you aboard for the ride.

Is that the actual heat mat temp?
Grow...Grow....Grow! :popcorn:
No that is the bag/ paper towel temp. Mat is about 85. Their snug as bugs but I will keep a watch the temp doesn't get any warmer. I don't want to cook the girls.

Some people are using a towel on the mat and then the seeds on that to avoid any hotspots or high temps.
I've been using a small plate and cover it, but tea towels would be better methinks.
Thats a great idea Lady Cannafan. I just used some chop sticks to elevate the bags. I'm gonna raid the kitchen for some tea towels now. I'm sure I will be in hot water when my gf gets home.

My temp on my heating pad was 95 degrees so I used the towel, and it brought it right down to 80 degrees. It was Lady that gave me that idea. 🍋
It must have been like a sauna in there. I just stole some tea towels and placed them between the heat mat and the girls. Will check temps soon.

It must have been like a sauna in there. I just stole some tea towels and placed them between the heat mat and the girls. Will check temps soon.
The towel idea was on Keith Lemons' thread recently.
I had measured the heat from an actual seedling mat during my last grow, and it was at 86 degrees within a couple hours and a bit higher in different spots. So I put the mat in a cabinet against the side and the seeds paper/towels in there. It stayed about 75 degrees in the cabinet.
Now I use one of the liquid graphite heat mats, they don't have electric coils in them, so there are no hot spots. (You might remember that from the shrooms thread. It was from Midwest grow kits). It has a temperature controller on it.
I put a towel over that when I had substrate jars going, but mostly because I didn't want to scratch up that nice graphite pad. LOL

After a 16 hour soak In distilled water, I put them in paper towels/ bags and placed them back on the heat mat. Temps are in the mid 70's.

20240423_152512.jpg

20240423_152825.jpg

20240423_152840.jpg
They need moisture, warmth not heat and Air.
Back when I did it that way I left the bag open.
And be very careful of being directed on a heat mat.
They can turn a seed into a dud very quickly.

:Namaste: :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom