LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

Date - 11/28/22 - Day# 82 (W12D5)
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 12" away, 500-550PPFD, 40-45DLI
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Natural wind
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 74f Humidity 50% Speed 1 Default:OFF
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 80F Humidity 54% Speed 1 Default:OFF
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Floor Fan, 6" oscillating fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221128_142829.jpg

Temperatures have been nearly perfect in the tent. Highs around 80f, lows around 70f, and the Vivosun Smart Grow System has been keeping the VPD right at 1.4. I lowered the maximum humidity 2% today (to 54%), and I'll keep dropping it a little through the end of the grow.

I've been watering her sparingly since last week. The res completely dried out last Wednesday (23 NOV) so I filled it on Thursday. She was dry again yesterday, but I only gave her a liter of water in the morning. She was nice and dry this morning and ready for her last top-feeding. I fed her 1/3 cup of Geoflora bloom and top-watered her with a liter of nutes. I'll make sure she drinks that liter before filling up the res tomorrow. Then I hope to keep it filled through the end of the grow.
Screenshot_20221128_142731.jpg

After her feeding today, I cut a paper bag to fit over her soil and weighed it down with a couple of trays. It was really easy and is easy to remove, hopefully it keeps some of the moisture at the top. I should have done this a while ago.

Pebbles is two days past her '80 days harvest' and looks like she might go a couple more weeks. She is still packing on bud and putting on weight. Other than that not much to report from this tent. I pulled off a few dead leaves from the middle this morning but nothing major.

With her last feeding she should be all set to ripen and swell those buds nicely. Hoping for a strong finish...

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

In the future I'll let my SIP go dry every couple of weeks. Especially if I'm top-dressing, letting it go dry before feeding and top-watering makes sense.
Once the plants get big enough, they'll be draining the reservoir fairly frequently, but it's when the plants are small that they're more susceptible to issues.

Once the plants get big enough, they'll be draining the reservoir fairly frequently, but it's when the plants are small that they're more susceptible to issues.
I hear you, but my res was rotten on day# 70 so you never know. I kept my res topped off all the time, though.

Date - 11/28/22 - Day# 82 (W12D5)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
In -Flowering- Mode
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 74f Humidity 50% Speed 1 Default:OFF
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 80F Humidity 54% Speed 1 Default:OFF
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221128_142829.jpg

Temperatures have been nearly perfect in the tent. Highs around 80f, lows around 70f, and the Vivosun Smart Grow System has been keeping the VPD right at 1.4. I lowered the maximum humidity 2% today (to 54%), and I'll keep dropping it a little through the end of the grow.

I've been watering her sparingly since last week. The res completely dried out last Wednesday (23 NOV) so I filled it on Thursday. She was dry again yesterday, but I only gave her a liter of water in the morning. She was nice and dry this morning and ready for her last top-feeding. I fed her 1/3 cup of Geoflora bloom and top-watered her with a liter of nutes. I'll make sure she drinks that liter before filling up the res tomorrow. Then I hope to keep it filled through the end of the grow.
Screenshot_20221128_142731.jpg

After her feeding today, I cut a paper bag to fit over her soil and weighed it down with a couple of trays. It was really easy and is easy to remove, hopefully it keeps some of the moisture at the top. I should have done this a while ago.

Pebbles is two days past her '80 days harvest' and looks like she might go a couple more weeks. She is still packing on bud and putting on weight. Other than that not much to report from this tent. I pulled off a few dead leaves from the middle this morning but nothing major.

With her last feeding she should be all set to ripen and swell those buds nicely. Hoping for a strong finish...

Those buds are sweet and frosty looking! Btw - for future reference - I would suggest that even for one plant at a time it would behoove you to figure out a way to be able to supply them a ppfd level closer to 1000 in flower. You’ll be shocked at the difference. For only 550 ppfd these look amazing!

Those buds are sweet and frosty looking! Btw - for future reference - I would suggest that even for one plant at a time it would behoove you to figure out a way to be able to supply them a ppfd level closer to 1000 in flower. You’ll be shocked at the difference. For only 550 ppfd these look amazing!
Ya know I was checking out your latest journal and it was messing with my mind I kept thinking how the hell is Jon gonna grow plants outside well then I saw you moved to florida hahaha I'm so jealous

Thanks Jon. I thought it was all about DLI for autos. (1000PPFD x 12 hours) = (600PPFD x 20 hours) = 44DLI. As long as I get around 45 DLI, why do I need more PPFD? (1000PPFD x 20 hours) = 72DLI, which is way too high, right?

Here's the DLI chart I reference:

dli-for-cannabis-jpg.1898664

There is a good article on the page where that came from here.
Thanks Shed, that looks like a good chart for photoperiods (notice the drop in DLI when switching to 12/12). Interestingly enough, it tops out at around 40DLI in flower, which is 925PPFD on a 12/12 schedule :confused:

This is what I've been referencing for autoflowers, and the article where that comes from is here.

Thanks Shed, that looks like a good chart for photoperiods (notice the drop in DLI when switching to 12/12). Interestingly enough, it tops out at around 40DLI in flower, which is 925PPFD on a 12/12 schedule :confused:

This is what I've been referencing for autoflowers, and the article where that comes from is here.
Good article LKA! I remember a post by @FelipeBlu years ago saying that autos could be a better option for folks with under-powered lights because you can hit the flowering DLI more easily if you don't have to cut them to 12 hours/day.

I always wondered why people recommend autos to beginners. Maybe it's because you can grow autos a lot cheaper than photos. Less light and less overall time. They're still much less forgiving than photos.

Im so glad I spotted this.

Tell me please gents, is the figures provided the max, min or exact dli?

I know that sounds like a silly question but if you guys have studied these in reference to the materials they came from Im sure you have the answer.

Ive always been curious why the commercial operations havent been requesting an automated sensor and adjustment system to achieve perfect dli.

The way to get that cost down for hobbyists would be mass adoption. My comments go to what I see here, Im sure its much great saturation and variable in the Northern half of the globe.

Im so glad I spotted this.

Tell me please gents, is the figures provided the max, min or exact dli?

I know that sounds like a silly question but if you guys have studied these in reference to the materials they came from Im sure you have the answer.

Ive always been curious why the commercial operations havent been requesting an automated sensor and adjustment system to achieve perfect dli.

The way to get that cost down for hobbyists would be mass adoption. My comments go to what I see here, Im sure its much great saturation and variable in the Northern half of the globe.
The figures show the max DLI the plant can use. Any more is wasted energy.
Screenshot_20221130_054422.jpg

Thank you mate. I assumed given DLI explanations I looked into, however being sure is better.

The charts you and Shed shared are a massive help. Im indebted to you both.
Glad we could help. I know I've gotten caught up in 'how much light can I give them' in the past. Especially with energy prices where they are, finding that sweet spot is more important than ever!

Date - 12/1/22 - Day# 85 (W13D1)
In -Flowering- Mode
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 74f Humidity 46% Speed 1 Default:OFF
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 80F Humidity 50% Speed 1 Default:OFF
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221201_093956.jpg

You can see where I dropped the humidity a couple of points last week. I just went into the @VIVOSUN app and dropped it 4% more, down to a max of 50% day / 46% night. It's not great for the VPD, but at this point I'm more worried about Powdery Mildew (PM) or bud rot (Botrytis). With a max 50% relative humidity I should be fine.

I gave Pebbles her last feeding of @GeoFlora Nutrients this week. I'll still give her some Purpinator and Sweet Candy, but even those will taper off in the next week or so. She's coming into the end of this grow and should have plenty of nutes left in her soil and her leaves to get to the finish line.
Screenshot_20221201_093024.jpg

Pebbles is still putting on weight. I can see some yellowing starting on the bottom and a little in the middle, but she still has plenty of green left on her. I'm hoping she can give me a couple more weeks because I love what I am seeing. All those buds are getting fat and frosty, even the lower ones.

Shes a real colourful mix, sort of makes me think of what you would get if you had a colouring competition in the late 80s....but in all the good ways.
Thanks man, she is colorful. Although I could do with a bit less yellow 😉
Just out of curiosity, are those charts screen grabs, or is it in an sharable format?
I keep my feeding trackers in Google sheets, so they are shareable and accessible from anywhere.

Date - 12/5/22 - Day# 89 (W13D5)
In -Flowering- Mode
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 74f Humidity 46% Speed 1 Default:OFF
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 80F Humidity 50% Speed 1 Default:OFF

I opened up the tent all the way this weekend to clean up any dead leaves. I took off a handful, mostly on the side with floor fan. It gave me a chance to take a few pictures from a different perspective, too.

Pebbles is definitely starting to show her age. The fade on her lowers shows that she's running out of N. Now I'm really glad I didn't defoliate her much. She still has plenty of leaves to get her through the last couple of weeks. I'll continue giving her P & K with the Purpinator and Sweet Candy for the next week, then I'll finish with plain water for the last week.

Yea, I'm thinking she still has two more weeks to go. I'm not rushing her, though. I can see her buds getting fatter all over. I can tell from the 'wiggle test' that she is putting on more weight. She can take as much time as she needs to finish up!

Back
Top Bottom