LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

Nice to be heading for the finish line with stacks like those!
Yes it is.
Good that your droughting!
I'm going to milk this plant for everything it's got!
Looking good LK! Post up a few of those glamour shots over in #SIP Club. They certainly are drool worthy.
:drool:
I'll definitely post a wrap-up over there, along with a few pics.
Awesome job man! She’s a beauty.
She’s frosty!
Thanks. The buds are really coming along :yummy:

Date - 12/12/22 - Day# 96 (W14D5), Flower Day# 65, Drought Day# 1
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away, 450-500PPFD, 35-40DLI
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Natural wind
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 74f Humidity 45% Speed 1 Default:OFF
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 78F Humidity 48% Speed 1 Default:OFF
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Floor Fan, 6" oscillating fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)

Pebbles had her res filled on Friday morning. By Sunday morning, there was still a little bit in the bottom. This morning her res is dry. I'm sure she still has plenty of moisture in her soil... for now. She's also pretty big, at 20" tall and 30+ inches across. I expect it'll still be a few more days until I see her really start to feel the drought.

From what I understand about droughting, the plant needs a few days to signal that there's a water shortage, and a few more to act upon that information. A longer drought (up to 11 days) is more effective than a shorter drought (under 7 days). I consider today to be drought day# 1. I'd love to extend this drought for at least 7 days from today, and up to 11 days.

My previous droughting experience was with 5g cloth pots, and they dried out quickly. The only way I could extend the drought was using 'rescue drinks'. I'd water the top 2-4" of the soil, letting the bottom stay dry. I'll do the same for Pebbles if it looks like she needs it, using a sprayer to wet the top few inches of soil. For now, I'm watching the leaf wilt angle on a couple of leaves to see how she's handling it.

Pebbles is already drawing from her reserves. I'll pick off a few dried up leaves every day now as the lowers and inners yellow, then dry up and fall off. She's fading a bit sooner than I like, but it's all going to be over in two weeks at most. She's got plenty of bud in there now. Hopefully she's putting all of her remaining energy into coating them with nice plump trichomes!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
In -Flowering- Mode
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients

Pebbles had her res filled on Friday morning. By Sunday morning, there was still a little bit in the bottom. This morning her res is dry. I'm sure she still has plenty of moisture in her soil... for now. She's also pretty big, at 20" tall and 30+ inches across. I expect it'll still be a few more days until I see her really start to feel the drought.

From what I understand about droughting, the plant needs a few days to signal that there's a water shortage, and a few more to act upon that information. A longer drought (up to 11 days) is more effective than a shorter drought (under 7 days). I consider today to be drought day# 1. I'd love to extend this drought for at least 7 days from today, and up to 11 days.

My previous droughting experience was with 5g cloth pots, and they dried out quickly. The only way I could extend the drought was using 'rescue drinks'. I'd water the top 2-4" of the soil, letting the bottom stay dry. I'll do the same for Pebbles if it looks like she needs it, using a sprayer to wet the top few inches of soil. For now, I'm watching the leaf wilt angle on a couple of leaves to see how she's handling it.

Pebbles is already drawing from her reserves. I'll pick off a few dried up leaves every day now as the lowers and inners yellow, then dry up and fall off. She's fading a bit sooner than I like, but it's all going to be over in two weeks at most. She's got plenty of bud in there now. Hopefully she's putting all of her remaining energy into coating them with nice plump trichomes!

Your buds are gorgeous and awesome and well explained update. Yes, I’ve seen others here do the “rescue drink” thing with success in droughting. I’ve been too chicken to try it yet myself. You already have tons of trichs on these buds, I guess she’ll have to start stacking trichomes. Lol!

Your buds are gorgeous and awesome and well explained update. Yes, I’ve seen others here do the “rescue drink” thing with success in droughting. I’ve been too chicken to try it yet myself. You already have tons of trichs on these buds, I guess she’ll have to start stacking trichomes. Lol!
Thanks Jon. It's harder for me to drought in RDWC, so I jumped at the chance with this girl in soil. And I'll take more trics, bigger trics, longer trics... whatever she's got ;)

Date - 12/12/22 - Day# 98 (W14D7), Flower Day# 67, Drought Day# 3
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away, 400-450PPFD, 30-35DLI
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:80%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 72f Humidity 42% Speed 1 Default:Speed1

The @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System is working beautifully here at the end of the grow. The humidity is staying right at the setpoint (currently 48% day/42% night). I lowered the light intensity to 80% today. That should lower the temperature in the tent a little. It also brings the DLI down 20%, from 45 to 36. Coming into the last couple of weeks she doesn't need as much light to ripen. I'm also hoping less light intensity will help extend her drought time.

I'm considering today the third day of drought, since her res went dry on Sunday. Pebbles is holding up well so far with no rescue drinks. She looks very yellow and faded, but if you look closely there's still some green on the inside. She's about to get a lot uglier as this drought moves on. Of course, as she loses fans we'll be able to see the buds better ;)

I'm keeping an eye on the angle of her leaves, especially the long fans near the top. You can see them in the full-plant view, and they're still pointing up at about 2 o'clock (or 11, depending on which side of the plant you're looking at). If I see them moving down too quickly, I'll spray the surface with 1/2 liter of water to perk her back up. I'm trying to keep them above vertical, at least until the end of the drought. Hang in there, Pebbles!

Hey LKA, can you tell me the approximate location of the sensors that take your RH and temp readings?
If you look at the top picture on this page, you'll see the Vivosun temp probe and a Govee hanging on the right side of the tent about 2" above the canopy.

Date - 12/16/22 - Day# 100 (W15D2), Flower Day# 69, Drought Day# 3
In -Flowering- Mode
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:80%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Speed# 3
- Exhaust Fan

An historic day for Pebbles: Day# 100 since sprout and Day# 69 of flower. She's also in Day# 5 of her drought and she's doing fantastic. She's showing the wear but her fans are still pointing up. I'm hoping she can last another week, because she's really packing on the frost! The snow is getting thick and deep :yummy:

Looking good.
Thanks man. I'm starting to do that math on her harvest date. Assuming her drought goes 11 days, two days to rehydrate, then chop. That puts harvest right around 12/24. It looks like Santa may be extra busy on Christmas eve this year ;)

Thanks man. I'm starting to do that math on her harvest date. Assuming her drought goes 11 days, two days to rehydrate, then chop. That puts harvest right around 12/24. It looks like Santa may be extra busy on Christmas eve this year ;)
Budman is the rehydrate just watering once to run off?

In -Flowering- Mode
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan

Hey BM isn’t 96 days kind of a lot for a auto? Idk? CL🍀

Budman is the rehydrate just watering once to run off?
Yea, for her I'll probably just fill the res with well water. She'll get one last good drink before the chop.

Hey BM isn’t 96 days kind of a lot for a auto? Idk? CL🍀
Yea it is, the breeder said 80 days from germination. I'm good with her running long, though. She's finally starting to show signs that she's finishing up... maybe one more week ;)

Date - 12/19/22 - Day# 103 (W15D5), Flower Day# 72, Drought Day# 8
In -Flowering- Mode
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:75%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 76F Humidity 48% Speed 1 Default:OFF

Pebbles is more than halfway through her drought now. Yesterday I began giving her 'rescue drinks'. This is really just a cup or two sprayed across the top. I try to wet the entire top of the bucket and that's it. Then I cover her back up to try to keep as much of that moisture in as possible. It's really nothing more than some morning 'dew'.

Pebbles is definitely feeling the drought now. I've watched most of her lower fans, especially on the outside, go limp, shrivel up, go brown and fall off.

You can see it progressing up the plant. The middle fans are nearly horizontal now. Her upper fans are still pointing up, though, even if not as much as before. She has a few ugly leaves up top too, but for the most part they're still going. I'll keep giving her daily rescue drinks now to try to get her to 11 days without those top fans going past horizontal.

She's finally showing signs that she's finishing up. There are still a few rougue white pistils in there, but most have gone orange and shrivelled up. I'm starting to see the calyx swell a bit now, and a few pistils getting swallowed up by the calyx. Smell is definitely increasing. I still haven't taken any micro shots, but from what I can see her trics are clouding up nicely, with an occasional amber.

I turned the @VIVOSUN AeroLight down to 75% yesterday, decreasing the light even further in her last week. I also turned the maximum temperature down to 76f, which runs the exhaust more and keeps it even dryer in the tent. And while Pebbles is slowly dying, she's doing everything she can to protect her buds. She may be starting to look a bit ugly from afar, but up close her buds are looking spectacular!

Please help BM first time grower and just when I think I’m on the right track I read something else that makes me Doubt what I was going to do a system overload. Anyways here is where I’m at this morning and I’m about to pull my hair out. 3 auto seeds of green crack soaked for 12 hours Distilled water till they sink then a wet paper towel in a sandwich bag and a warm spot 24 hours I have three tap roots now plan is to put them in these and then put in my clay pebbles in my tent I Purchased the smart growth system from VIVOSUN. I went with hydroponics for my first grow flood and drain. I hooked everything up last night and I’m lost Am I on the right track what I do next so I can turn my light on when the tap roots are in the cubes or do I just keep em moist until they start to sprout out of the top before turning on the light

F733CBF3-7C81-45AC-B9E9-CC9864544B19.jpeg

B6299802-1FB7-481D-A6D3-6AEEC4414B5D.jpeg

0B31DAF7-DC66-4167-8244-62533777FF85.jpeg

9FCDF53E-5358-40CF-A59C-A93404190254.jpeg

Please help BM first time grower and just when I think I’m on the right track I read something else that makes me Doubt what I was going to do a system overload.
Welcome to the site KC.
Anyways here is where I’m at this morning and I’m about to pull my hair out. 3 auto seeds of green crack soaked for 12 hours Distilled water till they sink then a wet paper towel in a sandwich bag and a warm spot 24 hours I have three tap roots now plan is to put them in these and then put in my clay pebbles in my tent
I start my seeds directly in a EZGro plug without soaking or sprouting. A lot of people do exactly as you describe, though, so that all sounds good.
I Purchased the smart growth system from VIVOSUN.
SWEET! I think you're going to love that!
I went with hydroponics for my first grow flood and drain. I hooked everything up last night and I’m lost Am I on the right track what I do next so I can turn my light on when the tap roots are in the cubes or do I just keep em moist until they start to sprout out of the top before turning on the light
I'm not sure it matters. They don't need light until they sprout. I usually turn the light on a 20/4 schedule as soon as the seeds go in the plugs, though. If nothing else they can feel the heat from the light.

You do want to keep everything moist right now, however you can. I've never used rockwool nor done flood and drain, but I would think you can just hand water them for now.
Looks like a nice setup you have. If you decide to set up a journal, tag me so that I can follow along. Good luck with your grow.

Date - 12/19/22 - Day# 103 (W15D5), Flower Day# 72, Drought Day# 8
In -Flowering- Mode
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:75%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 76F Humidity 48% Speed 1 Default:OFF

Pebbles is more than halfway through her drought now. Yesterday I began giving her 'rescue drinks'. This is really just a cup or two sprayed across the top. I try to wet the entire top of the bucket and that's it. Then I cover her back up to try to keep as much of that moisture in as possible. It's really nothing more than some morning 'dew'.

Pebbles is definitely feeling the drought now. I've watched most of her lower fans, especially on the outside, go limp, shrivel up, go brown and fall off.

You can see it progressing up the plant. The middle fans are nearly horizontal now. Her upper fans are still pointing up, though, even if not as much as before. She has a few ugly leaves up top too, but for the most part they're still going. I'll keep giving her daily rescue drinks now to try to get her to 11 days without those top fans going past horizontal.

She's finally showing signs that she's finishing up. There are still a few rougue white pistils in there, but most have gone orange and shrivelled up. I'm starting to see the calyx swell a bit now, and a few pistils getting swallowed up by the calyx. Smell is definitely increasing. I still haven't taken any micro shots, but from what I can see her trics are clouding up nicely, with an occasional amber.

I turned the @VIVOSUN AeroLight down to 75% yesterday, decreasing the light even further in her last week. I also turned the maximum temperature down to 76f, which runs the exhaust more and keeps it even dryer in the tent. And while Pebbles is slowly dying, she's doing everything she can to protect her buds. She may be starting to look a bit ugly from afar, but up close her buds are looking spectacular!

Shes stunning budman those buds look tasty :drool:

Back
Top Bottom