LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

Kudos on a beautiful grow and harvest BudMan!:bravo::welldone:

Congrats on a great grow
Thanks Costanza. I really like this tent for autos, and have already put another seed in a plug!
Thanks LKA. I really appreciate the detailed write up. I've been following Pebbles journey from the beginning and learned a lot from you. Thank you for taking the time to help out new growers.
You're welcome. I'll keep posting through the drying process and into the Grove bags (which does the cure by themselves).
Great grow and nice takedown BudMan! :thumb:
Thanks GDB. She ended up being a pretty easy harvest. Of course, it's my first harvest with only 1 plant, too ;)
Well done BudMan! Super sweet growing!
Thanks SO. If you'd told me this was possible under a 100w light I'm not sure I'd believe you. I'm really happy with how she turned out.
Kudos on a beautiful grow and harvest BudMan!:bravo::welldone:
Thanks CM! Just a couple more weeks and I'll be squishing her up :)

** Harvest Day **
Date - 12/26/22 - Day# 110 (W16D5), Flower Day# 79
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:25%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Natural wind
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 72f Humidity 42% Speed 1 Default:Speed1
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 76F Humidity 48% Speed 1 Default:OFF
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Floor Fan, 6" oscillating fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)

Today was harvest day for Pebbles. I started by taking the net off and she had no problem supporting her buds. I was even able to carry her upstairs with no problem (other than the weight). The first thing we did is clean her up for her final pictures. I love the look of the plant with all of the fans removed before harvest. I have a problem doing it, though, without touching all the buds. Luckily, the drought took care of most of her leaves. There were a lot of shriveled up leaves that just picked right off. All of the long-stemmed fan leaves were clipped, and even some of the leaves near the tops that were brown/ugly. We got rid as much as we could without touching the buds.

After that we took her apart one branch at a time. Most of what she had left was nice tight little nuggets with some really nice spears on the top. When trimming branches, I cut the branch and then remove any easy fans (long stemmed). The turn it upside down and keep working the fans, especially those on the bottom of the buds. Keep the branch moving and twisting while you remove as much as you can. Some tight fans can be removed by pulling them down and sideways, like picking a leaf of lettuce. For bushy plants I'll pinch out leaf matter between the buds and the stems, but she didn't have any of that.

After each branch was cleaned they were hung on a clothes hanger with a binder clips. There are plenty of ways to do this, but I had a box of binder clips from an old job. We ended up with five full hangers full of buds.

I usually keep the trim and freeze it, but there wasn't that much with her and I ended up just throwing it away. Besides, making hash is a pain and I have plenty of bud.

Everything went in the Drying Closet. This is a closet upstairs with a central A/C & heat duct. By opening/closing the ducts and using a humidifier I can keep it around 60f/60% RH in there. Right now it's cold upstairs, and the closet is only 52f and 58% RH. That sounds like a great place to start the dry/cure.

I'm hoping to leave the buds hanging here for 12-14 days. I'll monitor them and report back in a couple of days. Until then, time to clean up the tent and get ready for the next grow!

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow
Amazing work! Congratulations on the chop!

Amazing work! Congratulations on the chop!
Thanks Jon.
I knew it would all along! My 185 watt grow in a 3 x 3 went so well I figured your light had more engineering in it and it did! All it took brass balls and you got em! Vivosun knew!
Thanks SO. I can't wait to put this @VIVOSUN AeroLight and the Smart Grow System back to work!

** Harvest Day **
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients

Today was harvest day for Pebbles. I started by taking the net off and she had no problem supporting her buds. I was even able to carry her upstairs with no problem (other than the weight). The first thing we did is clean her up for her final pictures. I love the look of the plant with all of the fans removed before harvest. I have a problem doing it, though, without touching all the buds. Luckily, the drought took care of most of her leaves. There were a lot of shriveled up leaves that just picked right off. All of the long-stemmed fan leaves were clipped, and even some of the leaves near the tops that were brown/ugly. We got rid as much as we could without touching the buds.

After that we took her apart one branch at a time. Most of what she had left was nice tight little nuggets with some really nice spears on the top. When trimming branches, I cut the branch and then remove any easy fans (long stemmed). The turn it upside down and keep working the fans, especially those on the bottom of the buds. Keep the branch moving and twisting while you remove as much as you can. Some tight fans can be removed by pulling them down and sideways, like picking a leaf of lettuce. For bushy plants I'll pinch out leaf matter between the buds and the stems, but she didn't have any of that.

After each branch was cleaned they were hung on a clothes hanger with a binder clips. There are plenty of ways to do this, but I had a box of binder clips from an old job. We ended up with five full hangers full of buds.

I usually keep the trim and freeze it, but there wasn't that much with her and I ended up just throwing it away. Besides, making hash is a pain and I have plenty of bud.

Everything went in the Drying Closet. This is a closet upstairs with a central A/C & heat duct. By opening/closing the ducts and using a humidifier I can keep it around 60f/60% RH in there. Right now it's cold upstairs, and the closet is only 52f and 58% RH. That sounds like a great place to start the dry/cure.

I'm hoping to leave the buds hanging here for 12-14 days. I'll monitor them and report back in a couple of days. Until then, time to clean up the tent and get ready for the next grow!

Amazing harvest budman to get 5 hangers worth off 1 plant is a fantastic haul great job.

Congratulations on another fantastic Harvest. :yahoo:
The ole @VIVOSUN is doing a great job.:thumb:
Take care my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Amazing harvest budman to get 5 hangers worth off 1 plant is a fantastic haul great job.
Thanks man, I'm very happy. Nice tight little buds, too.
Congratulations on another fantastic Harvest. :yahoo:
The ole @VIVOSUN is doing a great job.:thumb:
Take care my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill. The @VIVOSUN AeroLight did fantastic. I can't wait to get another Auto in there ;)

Congratulations brother! That is some harvest. It would be something if we all could smoke that with you.
Thanks man. That would be something. The drying closet is right next to my bedroom, and the whole upstairs smells like fruity weed, it's driving me crazy :yummy:

** Harvest Day **
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan

Congrats on a great harvest Bud Man👏. CL🍀

Damn fine job, incredible yield from an auto! Looks like some 🔥
You thinking you'll grow more autos in the future?
You twisted my titty on the water-box though - I'm gonna jump on the SIP'n'Supersoil+Teas for my next grow. Do a side by side with that setup on one side and my current setup on the other, see which one agrees with my unorganized and impulsive grow style.
You and some of the other Primo growers on here seem to be swooning for the water-at-the-bottom method, so there's got to be some magic dust down there, hopefully I find some of it when I dive in too.

Damn fine job, incredible yield from an auto! Looks like some 🔥
You thinking you'll grow more autos in the future?
Thanks Rhino, good to see you. I think this will be my auto tent for a while. I have some auto seeds that I really want to try, and the SIP in the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System is just too easy. I enjoy the LST and playing around with them too, part of what keeps me sane happy. And it's always nice to have more variety squished up :roorrip:
You twisted my titty on the water-box though - I'm gonna jump on the SIP'n'Supersoil+Teas for my next grow. Do a side by side with that setup on one side and my current setup on the other, see which one agrees with my unorganized and impulsive grow style.
You and some of the other Primo growers on here seem to be swooning for the water-at-the-bottom method, so there's got to be some magic dust down there, hopefully I find some of it when I dive in too.
If you like growing in soil, SIP is better than the wet-dry cycle (cloth pots, air pots, etc). I've done hydro and soil, and it's really closer to hydro in growth. The time-lapse cameras show there's no dry cycle slow-down with SIPs like there is with soil. They're always growing. The stems are thicker and more hollow like hydro too. Here's a picture I took during harvest through the scope.

And as much as I liked the smoking breaks with my old wet-dry cycle watering, it sure is nice to pour the water down a spout and be done with it ;) If you make a big enough SIP, you should only need to water like once/week or less, too.

So, what are you growing next? Do you already have seeds/clones?

Sorry I missed the last month of Pebbles' life but congrats on a successful grow and harvest. It's unlikely my Fruit Punch Auto will be as successful as mine is 64 days old but only 5 inches tall.

IMG_9864.jpeg

Sorry I missed the last month of Pebbles' life but congrats on a successful grow and harvest. It's unlikely my Fruit Punch Auto will be as successful as mine is 64 days old but only 5 inches tall.

IMG_9864.jpeg
Thanks HashGirl

Date: 12/28/22 - Day# 2 of Drying
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C
Other Equipment: Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water (not needed yet)
Closet Temperatures

It's cold in Virginia right now. My drying closet is upstairs, and we rarely turn on the heat upstairs. This closet is also in a corner of the house and on an outside south-facing wall. All that to say... it's cold in the drying closet and the temperature fluctuates.

So I'm trying to keep it at 60% humidity, regardless of the temperature. As the temperature fluctuates, though, so does the humidity. Yesterday the humidity went up above 60% and I cracked the closet door. Too much, and the RH plummeted. I closed the door and it's worked it's way back into the 60s.

I'll keep an eye on it, and I won't crack the door until it gets above 65%, and then only a little. If it stays below 60% with the door closed I'll turn on the humidifier, set to 60%. I've always dried larger harvests in here, so I may need to turn on the humidifier sooner than I usually do.

My goal is to keep humidity in the 60-65% range, with temperatures at or under 60f. I'm hoping they take 12+ days in the drying closet. As long as the closet stays at 60% that shouldn't be an issue. I still have a week until I need to start checking them with the wood moisture meter to see if they're ready.

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Back
Top Bottom