LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

Date - 12/19/22 - Day# 103 (W15D5), Flower Day# 72, Drought Day# 8
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away, 400-450PPFD, 30-35DLI
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:75%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Natural wind
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 72f Humidity 42% Speed 1 Default:Speed1
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 76F Humidity 48% Speed 1 Default:OFF
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Floor Fan, 6" oscillating fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)

Pebbles is more than halfway through her drought now. Yesterday I began giving her 'rescue drinks'. This is really just a cup or two sprayed across the top. I try to wet the entire top of the bucket and that's it. Then I cover her back up to try to keep as much of that moisture in as possible. It's really nothing more than some morning 'dew'.

Pebbles is definitely feeling the drought now. I've watched most of her lower fans, especially on the outside, go limp, shrivel up, go brown and fall off.

You can see it progressing up the plant. The middle fans are nearly horizontal now. Her upper fans are still pointing up, though, even if not as much as before. She has a few ugly leaves up top too, but for the most part they're still going. I'll keep giving her daily rescue drinks now to try to get her to 11 days without those top fans going past horizontal.

She's finally showing signs that she's finishing up. There are still a few rougue white pistils in there, but most have gone orange and shrivelled up. I'm starting to see the calyx swell a bit now, and a few pistils getting swallowed up by the calyx. Smell is definitely increasing. I still haven't taken any micro shots, but from what I can see her trics are clouding up nicely, with an occasional amber.

I turned the @VIVOSUN AeroLight down to 75% yesterday, decreasing the light even further in her last week. I also turned the maximum temperature down to 76f, which runs the exhaust more and keeps it even dryer in the tent. And while Pebbles is slowly dying, she's doing everything she can to protect her buds. She may be starting to look a bit ugly from afar, but up close her buds are looking spectacular!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow
I couldn’t agree more, up close they are sweet as hell. 8 days of drought. I think they look great for that long. How much water is a rescue drink?

Nice grow LKABudMan, love it :ganjamon:
Thanks Roy, hope all is well with you.
That's one pebble I wouldn't mind in my shoe...
:cheesygrinsmiley:
I couldn’t agree more, up close they are sweet as hell. 8 days of drought. I think they look great for that long. How much water is a rescue drink?
Thanks Jon. I'm just using the sprayer to wet the top of the soil. It's probably not more than a cup of water daily. Just a tease really.

Hey BudMan - yeah, all ok here
Been lights out for a while to clean up some mold, fungus gnat problem, decorate and sort out one or two practicalities
All set to go when the seeds turn up
Fungus gnats suck. Let me know when you get everything set up again and start your new journal.

All set
fruit-punch-auto-tent-setup.JPG

Won't be a Fruit Punch Auto tho, leaning towards Chocolate Skunk and/or Lemongrass

Date - 12/21/22 - Day# 105 (W15D7), Flower Day# 74, Drought Day# 10
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients

Pebbles is on her last day of drought. And it's a good thing, too. The leaves on the bottom of the plant have completely given up.

The middle leaves were horizontal yesterday, but it looks like they're about done now.

The top leaves are still hanging in there, but by tomorrow they'll be in trouble too.

To me that shows that she is putting all her energy into the top of the plant, into the buds. Tomorrow's day 11, though, so I'm planning to fill the res and see how much I can bring her back before the chop. Overall she's looking pretty good, and just about ready to finish up.

Date - 12/22/22 - Day# 106 (W16D1), Flower Day# 75, Drought Day# 11
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan

Pebbles survived her 11 day drought... well, at least most of her did. She lost a lot of leaves in the process.

She was looking pretty ugly so I cleaned her up this morning. I opened up the tent all the way and removed as much of the dead leaf matter as I could reach. I also removed a few leaves jammed between buds or that just looked like they had to go. I tried not to touch any buds but my hands were sticky and stinky anyways. Finally, I gave her what she's been waiting 13 days for... a reservoir full of nice clean water.

I was surprised to still see so much green on the inside. I expect her perk back up a bit with the fresh res. Not for long, though. Her smell has continued to increase and started to change, with a bit more fruit and some diesel. She's looking nice and swollen, too. I'll get some better tric pictures tonight, but I think her harvest window is open. Now I just need to find a good time to do it ;) Happy holidays everyone!

She is past lovely, even after being droughted!

You've done a great job on "our" plant Budman. :)

Glad I'm following your grow. Going to replicate almost everything you have shared with us.
Heck, I'm still hoping that I can replicate it ;)

Date - 12/23/22 - Day# 107 (W16D2), Flower Day# 76
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan

I added the net to help support the buds as they got bigger. It really isn't needed, though. These branches are tough and woody and have no problem supporting the weight. I ended up using the net today to spread Pebbles out a bit. You can see right down into the middle now, and so can the light. May as well let the lowers ripen a bit as I drag my feet harvesting her.

I finally pulled out the scope. The only way I know to hold it steady is to rest a side of it on the bud and then lean into the picture. This could explain some of the gooey/burst trichomes, but 'm not certain. It definitely looks sticky in there.

It definitely looks like she's ready. So now I just need to plan a time to harvest. Christmas weekend is out, but I do have off work Monday. Soon, Pebbles, soon ;)

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

** Harvest Day **
Date - 12/26/22 - Day# 110 (W16D5), Flower Day# 79
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:25%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan

Today was harvest day for Pebbles. I started by taking the net off and she had no problem supporting her buds. I was even able to carry her upstairs with no problem (other than the weight). The first thing we did is clean her up for her final pictures. I love the look of the plant with all of the fans removed before harvest. I have a problem doing it, though, without touching all the buds. Luckily, the drought took care of most of her leaves. There were a lot of shriveled up leaves that just picked right off. All of the long-stemmed fan leaves were clipped, and even some of the leaves near the tops that were brown/ugly. We got rid as much as we could without touching the buds.

After that we took her apart one branch at a time. Most of what she had left was nice tight little nuggets with some really nice spears on the top. When trimming branches, I cut the branch and then remove any easy fans (long stemmed). The turn it upside down and keep working the fans, especially those on the bottom of the buds. Keep the branch moving and twisting while you remove as much as you can. Some tight fans can be removed by pulling them down and sideways, like picking a leaf of lettuce. For bushy plants I'll pinch out leaf matter between the buds and the stems, but she didn't have any of that.

After each branch was cleaned they were hung on a clothes hanger with a binder clips. There are plenty of ways to do this, but I had a box of binder clips from an old job. We ended up with five full hangers full of buds.

I usually keep the trim and freeze it, but there wasn't that much with her and I ended up just throwing it away. Besides, making hash is a pain and I have plenty of bud.

Everything went in the Drying Closet. This is a closet upstairs with a central A/C & heat duct. By opening/closing the ducts and using a humidifier I can keep it around 60f/60% RH in there. Right now it's cold upstairs, and the closet is only 52f and 58% RH. That sounds like a great place to start the dry/cure.

I'm hoping to leave the buds hanging here for 12-14 days. I'll monitor them and report back in a couple of days. Until then, time to clean up the tent and get ready for the next grow!

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Back
Top Bottom