Long time grower and cannabis connoisseur finally coming out of the closet

Ganjier

Hi there 420 mag members. I'd like to introduce myself to all of you fellow growers and cannabis lovers. I'm an old school organic soil grower that has been keeping my hat brim pulled down low and keeping in the shadows ever since I can remember. Like many of you, I'm a rebel and unfortunate victim of the injustices of the prohibition era so joining the crowd here at 420 mag is a huge step for me. I'm still in a no-go zone but I've decided to finally step out or at least stick my big toe out of the closet/forest/fields/and jungle and become a member here at 420 mag. I'm looking forward to making some new friends here and share in the wonderful experience of growing one of God's greatest gifts to mankind. Anyways, big shout out to everyone. :peace:

Welcome to :420:. This is great you can virtually grow and learn with the great people here and hopefully we can even help to sign some petitions and get it legal. Where are you from?

Again welcome to the community and happy growing

Welcome. Thank you for keeping it going during those years and now.

Great intro! Glad to see your toe outside the closet. There are many that have gone back into the closet after the legal rec move here in CA which sucks. Old school and outlaw growers kept decades of genetics and some of the finest strains alive. Thank you for that. So many folks forget that everything they see in dispensaries and throughout the U.S. now is the result of an incredible foundation of genetics and activism that was carried on the shoulders of outlaw farmers throughout the world. Best wishes!

Hi there 420 mag members. I'd like to introduce myself to all of you fellow growers and cannabis lovers. I'm an old school organic soil grower that has been keeping my hat brim pulled down low and keeping in the shadows ever since I can remember. Like many of you, I'm a rebel and unfortunate victim of the injustices of the prohibition era so joining the crowd here at 420 mag is a huge step for me. I'm still in a no-go zone but I've decided to finally step out or at least stick my big toe out of the closet/forest/fields/and jungle and become a member here at 420 mag. I'm looking forward to making some new friends here and share in the wonderful experience of growing one of God's greatest gifts to mankind. Anyways, big shout out to everyone. :peace:
:welcome: to :420: Ganjier:passitleft:...It's okay buddy, I came out of the closet too :rofl::rofl:

Great intro! Glad to see your toe outside the closet. There are many that have gone back into the closet after the legal rec move here in CA which sucks. Old school and outlaw growers kept decades of genetics and some of the finest strains alive. Thank you for that. So many folks forget that everything they see in dispensaries and throughout the U.S. now is the result of an incredible foundation of genetics and activism that was carried on the shoulders of outlaw farmers throughout the world. Best wishes!

First off, thanks to all for the very warm welcomes.

My lifelong dream has always been for cannabis to be legalized and treated the same as any other plant. Unfortunately the states that have "legalized" cannabis have also attached so many absurd restrictions and excessive taxes to the production and sale that the underground market will continue to thrive and proliferate. It's completly understandable to me why some would prefer to remain or retreat back into the shadows of the black market.
Why should a plant that has now been proven to be effective for so many illnesses and ailments be taxed at such high rates? Asprin, Pepto Bismol, broccoli, carrots, bananas, etc, are not subject to such high rates of taxation so why should such excessive tax rates be applied to cannabis?
Most folks that I know are so excited about the prospect of cannabis becoming legal that they are much too willing to accept the trade offs that come along with legalization such as plant count restrictions and excessive taxes. Note to any and all lawmaker who may be reading this post: Most folks who have ailments or illnesses that would benefit from cannabis are not able to go to work and don't have deep pockets to dish out the big bucks at a dispensary for medicine that can be simply be grown in the backyard or spare bedroom. Try to submit a dispensary receipt to your health insurance provider for reimbursement and see how fast it gets rejected.
We should all give some push back to our lawmakers and let them know that excessive taxation of cannabis should is not an acceptable solution to reduce the overly bloated budget deficits that are being experienced at all levels of government.

Apologies for the rant. It's just that I'm very passionate about this issue and am not at all pleased with the direction that things are headed.

:peace:

AMEN! Precisely my point @Ganjier

Unfortunately, we had millions go out and vote with emotions and excitement. That bill should have been rejected from the get go. Now that it's passed and the $ is flowing through the bank accounts, it will be a very steep climb up that mountain to attempt to repeal it. They should have gone the route of how they got Prop 215 written and passed. Written by the community! Handled with care and class from some amazing people and everyone benefited, particularly the patients! Still some restrictions but it was a balanced compromise from both sides. For the first time in CA back in 1996, they opened the doors for amazing farmers to legally sell their incredible buds to dispensaries. It was a great system. Not so much anymore. I personally refuse to pay that much tax on something I love dearly and need so that I can function. I am sickened by the greedy people in our governments that have been given free reign on this plant here in CA. Gladly, they will not have any insight or control over anything under my roof or in my backyard. They can kiss my...

@ BakedARea - I see that we both share the same views on this issue.
Then there's the John Boener's of the world who are responsible for perpetuating the War on Drugs and as such are directly responsible for so many people being incarcerated for non-violent victimless cannabis related "offenses". Yet these same John Boener types are now capitalizing on money making opportunities within the now legalized cannabis industry while so many folks are still locked up in jails all across America as a result of their failed War on Drugs.
Yep, the same John Boener (Former Speaker of the US House of Representatives) that once said that he was "unalterably opposed to the decriminalization of marijuana laws."
Hypocrisy at it's worst!!

I'm not sure, but I think that with the exception of the 420 news sites I think this site is politics free.
This is the only site that we can go to escape politics. JMHO.

If you want to be part of activism for weed, here's the place to do it.

Right now you're in the grow, section.

Not trying to be harsh to you Ganjier, but there's a lot of us that come to the "grow" section to escape all the bullshit that's going on in this great Country. Even if it's just for a little while.
I hope you do get involved with making weed legal and tax free.

Here's the link to figure out where everything belongs.

Green days to you and I'm looking forward to reading and following along with your grow journal. :thumb:

:peace: and :green_heart: to you. :Namaste:

@ John Wick - No offense taken. Thanks for letting me know the ground rules here. I guess I should have read the Forum Guidelines before introducing myself and breaking the rules right out of the gate by spewing my views and opinions regarding non horticultural subject matter. If I could figure out how to delete this post I would but I assume that there's no way to delete after posting. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom