Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Table

Re: Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Ta

~~~UPDATE~~~

Well, back again for another update on this one. Both sides are starting to put on some weight. Still very close. I really cant say anything at this point. I raised the ppm of the nute water by 100 so far and no burning so thats good. Besides that nothing much going on. The girls are just doing their thing in there. Its getting VEEEERY lemony in there.

DAY 30

Temp: 76-80
rH: 45-60
ppm: 630
pH: 6.3
da_30.jpg
da_30_1_.jpg
da_30_2_.jpg
da_30_3_.jpg
da_30_4_.jpg
da_30_5_.jpg
da_30_6_.jpg
da_30_7_.jpg
da_30_8_.jpg

Looking good beans!
Btw, u need to get the cindy. Much happier than those lemons faster and heavier too. Not as potent though.
Still lookin close huh? Comparison wise? ( lemons)

Hey volcom, thanks for the reps! As for your situation what size hps? A 250w? If theyre just seedlings id say bring that light up to a couple feet until they develop their 4th or 5th set of leaves. How many plants you got under that light? I would recommend switching to some 6500k floros preferably t5s... Or an MH. Just because for veg they want more blue spectrum and may stretch a bit and get lanky with hps. If not HPS will definitely work, but raise the light to maybe 2 feet. Those seedlings dont need very intense light until theyre more established. Even then if its a 250w without a glass cover id say 15" is ideal with a fan blowing the heat away.

Thanks MB, I have a 250hps remote ballast. I will move it back up a bit then to be sure. I am doing another 12/12 from seed and have 10 popped at 7 days today in a promix soil with extra pearlite 2nd set up an growing on most w/3rd visible. Like to keep the healthy females and place them in 1Gal Hempys w/oc+. for a decent single cola grow from as many as I can fit with my 32x32x62 tent. No glass cover, I do have a 4" fan and filter that I used with my previous cfl grows, and a fan on the outside blowing air into a squared vent onto the lil ones not too hard tho. Still trying to get the temps at least in the low-mid 80's right now its a stable 90 with 50% humidity during day. 6" clip on will go inside tent soon to help with circulation. Thanks again for your advice and your serious grow! Trying to get environment a little more sound before popping my Nirvana Aurora Indicas, may get a mh bulb in addition to scrog for those. Sorry I'm rambling... :tokin:

Thanks MB, I have a 250hps remote ballast. I will move it back up a bit then to be sure. I am doing another 12/12 from seed and have 10 popped at 7 days today in a promix soil with extra pearlite 2nd set up an growing on most w/3rd visible. Like to keep the healthy females and place them in 1Gal Hempys w/oc+. for a decent single cola grow from as many as I can fit with my 32x32x62 tent. No glass cover, I do have a 4" fan and filter that I used with my previous cfl grows, and a fan on the outside blowing air into a squared vent onto the lil ones not too hard tho. Still trying to get the temps at least in the low-mid 80's right now its a stable 90 with 50% humidity during day. 6" clip on will go inside tent soon to help with circulation. Thanks again for your advice and your serious grow! Trying to get environment a little more sound before popping my Nirvana Aurora Indicas, may get a mh bulb in addition to scrog for those. Sorry I'm rambling... :tokin:

Its all good voltron! Im sorry about your temps. They need to come down or the mix of that and hps could cause your to-be one cola wonders to turn into bud-ladder blunders! Your small space will benefit from a little trick if you have the patience and can spare a small bit of space. Just take one gallon jugs, (or other containers that suit you) fill them 3/4 full and freeze them. Place one off to the side, preferably slightly elevated to plant level and have a fan blowing on it. You could even place it in front of your intake fan if its strong enough. This typically doesnt work in a larger space but with your 32x32 i would predict a temp drop of at least a few degrees. Just swap out jugs when thawed. I would also suggest placing them in a deep saucer with a towel under just in case a jug cracks when being frozen.

MB. The grow is looking great. Can you see any difference in resin/trichome production? One of my informal ways to check out the resin is when I do my checks on them and move them around a little bit my fingers get sticky. Some of them are definitely stickier than others. Curious if one side is stickier than the other?

well, beans, i was on steve's thread & saw this grow in u're signature & it finally hit me what u were doing. read the whole thing & i'm really impressed w/u're grow. nice grow. guess i need to pay attention more closely. ha.

@GG7: these lights are intense, and they also play tricks on the eyes. The center looks like its a lot brighter but its actually pretty even.

@SteveHman: Its still pretty early to tell if theres a big difference in trichome development. I try not to touch the buds much when theyre this far. Im still very interested to see if there are any differences in resin production between the 2 lights.

@paw paw: welcome to the grow my friend! A little over half way through and no obvious differences. Well see what happens here soon!

Hey MC im curious what you got under that 100?
I've only had it for a few weeks. I let my buddy use it since he only had a junky 90w. There was massive growth when we added the light. I'm hoping to get 45g from just the 100, but will probably add a 300 by the end of the month.

Check out my journal, I just popped the seeds in soil a few minutes ago lol.

Re: Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Ta

Sorry voltron i called you volcom lol my bad

If I had grows like you I wouldn't know my "own" name:biglaugh::Rasta: No problem at all bro. Just keep the journal going! It's great.

Its all good voltron! Im sorry about your temps. They need to come down or the mix of that and hps could cause your to-be one cola wonders to turn into bud-ladder blunders! Your small space will benefit from a little trick if you have the patience and can spare a small bit of space. Just take one gallon jugs, (or other containers that suit you) fill them 3/4 full and freeze them. Place one off to the side, preferably slightly elevated to plant level and have a fan blowing on it. You could even place it in front of your intake fan if its strong enough. This typically doesnt work in a larger space but with your 32x32 i would predict a temp drop of at least a few degrees. Just swap out jugs when thawed. I would also suggest placing them in a deep saucer with a towel under just in case a jug cracks when being frozen.

Excellent idea MB I have all the patience needed for my babies! I was thinking of using some 20oz bottles but the gal jugs obviously make more sense and I do have the room for it! I am on it. I also opened the window in that room which the fan that blows into the intake helps pull that cool October air in also. Could just be me but the temps dropped 1-2 degrees after this and its cooler outside today with cold temps coming soon. Your jug idea alone is cooling the temps in my tent now lmao! If this works well enough I will have fun with the Aurora Indica-Nirvana seeds I have thinking of scrog of course with 1 hempy oc+, and 1 FFOF and snowstrom ultra with some teas and mollasses. Thanks again for the help.:thumb:

beans, if they're the same & u're using 50-100 less watts, wouldn't that up u're g/w's? and w/less heat (a godsend to me), it sounds like led's have come of age. i'm doing a seed run this winter w/mine. can't wait! oh, btw, i vote + on the divider (just to pile on) LOL!

beans, if they're the same & u're using 50-100 less watts, wouldn't that up u're g/w's? and w/less heat (a godsend to me), it sounds like led's have come of age. i'm doing a seed run this winter w/mine. can't wait! oh, btw, i vote + on the divider (just to pile on) LOL!

Well, im only saying im not much difference in visual size but we can only guess what the end outcome will be. Its still anyones game. Well see how they fatten up over the next 2-3 weeks. But less heat is pretty awesome, although cooler weather is coming and im going to be using a mix of hps and LED in my rooms.

One thing to remember about this comparison is that much evidence to come from it is very circumstantial. There are many other situations that would be be great to test as well. A larger wattxwatt comparison could yield substantially different results due to the fact that LEDs are consistent intensity-wise, just spread over a larger area, as higher wattage HPS are brighter and more intense than lower wattage bulbs. Different types of bulbs with more blue spectrum as well. Watercooled lamps make it possible to have the the plants right next to the bulbs, but it also diminishes light intensity, so watercooled would be another way to pit them. I would say other lamps but HPS has been the established Flowering light for years.

There are also many different LED companies and although ive only seen Advanced first hand, im sure a few other conpanies have becone to step their game up as well. So multiple LED companies (sponsors) vs. Eachother and HPS as well would be great things to test.

Im thinkingof a future grow of a 600w DS vs. 600w HPS. Im kinda broke at the moment, though! I spent a little much the past few months on supplies!

Wow!! It actually appears the LED is slightly fuller?!! Wow. Is that my imagination? :scratchinghead:

Sorry if this has been covered already but what is the coverage area of the 200w ds?

Sorry if this has been covered already but what is the coverage area of the 200w ds?

~2x2.5, but its more of an oval pattern with those measurements as long and wide diameters.

Thanks Twelve!

@CF you see what you see. I cant tell you if its right or wrong. But it sure is interesting the equality the sides are exhibiting.

I know you didn't ask me, but here is a great pic showing the coverage of the 200 DS Advanced Led Lights

~~~UPDATE~~~

Starting the swell. I love watching those empty calyxes fatten up and get shiny. Starting to see a few pistils turn on each side. Still plenty of time to go.
day_34_010.jpg
day_34_008.jpg
day_34_0071.jpg
day_34_009.jpg
day_34_006.jpg
day_34_003.jpg
day_34_004.jpg
day_34_005.jpg
day_34_001.jpg
day_34_002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom