Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk - Lemon Skunk LED Grow - 2011

Re: Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk/Lemon Skunk LED Grow-2011

Thanks for your input, Steve! If you do do a test for trimming i will be in the front line with my green pompoms. Of coarse, im sure trimming and yield have a lot more factors including strain, light, etc. Still, i would love to see it!

hi really sexy ladies you got there haha i grow p-chunk to under a 400 watt hps its 2 p chunks and 2 og kush they are in the vegge stadium now about the p chunks any tips i should use from you?

peace

hi really sexy ladies you got there haha i grow p-chunk to under a 400 watt hps its 2 p chunks and 2 og kush they are in the vegge stadium now about the p chunks any tips i should use from you?

peace
I found the P-chunk takes very well to topping or FIM'ing, very tolerant strain, depending on the pheno you have, expect a lot of stretching in 12/12. Do some management now if you have a height issue.

Well with the p chunks just try to do anything to keep them level with the og. They grow tall, fast. If theyre clones, switch to 12/12 early, if not, as early as possible without possible stress... Never really heard of many people stressing a plant from seed from switching to early but ive read that, mainly with feminized seeds, ifyou flip too early before the plant is ready to flower, it increases chances of hermieing.. Anywhoo thats all i can say pretty much on her.. Careful with the nutes.. Lately ive raised the ppm to 525 and i noticed the slightest tip burn, barely noticeable but just warning me to keep the nutes down. But i do use the floraduo and they seem to be a very concentrated and direct formula.

Thanks for stopping by! :thanks:

I don't do a flush at all, just 50% nutes the last week. I don't know if it is a nutrient specific result though. The well-seasoned budtender at my dispensary says they taste great and asked me how I finish them. He was amazed when I told him I don't do a flush. He and the two other BTs all tried the P-chunk, none could even taste a hint of nutes in the smoke.

I do trim up the lower branches and remove some of the fan leaves that cover the bud sites, but I am very conservative when I trim. I was checking out 420fied's SOG grow and he strips them of almost all the fan leaves on day 21 and I think 43 of bloom. He has very good results. Maybe on one of my next grows I can do a test of trimming effects, since I have my experiment-box set up, it provides a pretty good test bed for doing these types of comparisons. I'll have to add that to my list of tests to run.

I have been a hydro nut for a few years and I used to agree, why flush, I can't taste the difference until I had a few strains that would choke the hell out of the strongest lungs I know. Some strains are as smooth as can be while others can bust a gut from coughing too hard. The first time I experience this I was pumping nutes as much as the plants can take all the way up til harvest time. This was when I first got into aero and was using clones from sage. The second run of sage clones I flushed and there was a big difference in the coughing experience but I still couldn't taste the difference. I had a chance to smoke bud from the first grow and the second grow side by side and me and 2 of my friends confirmed that the first grow buds that had a 2 month cure would break a lung while the fresh bud from the second was not nearly as harsh yet the clones were from the same mum. Take it for what its worth. Reducing by 50% on the last week is very similar to the ripen stage on most nute charts but with less micro.
Just thought I would put my 2 cents in.

I don't do a flush at all, just 50% nutes the last week. I don't know if it is a nutrient specific result though. The well-seasoned budtender at my dispensary says they taste great and asked me how I finish them. He was amazed when I told him I don't do a flush. He and the two other BTs all tried the P-chunk, none could even taste a hint of nutes in the smoke.

I do trim up the lower branches and remove some of the fan leaves that cover the bud sites, but I am very conservative when I trim. I was checking out 420fied's SOG grow and he strips them of almost all the fan leaves on day 21 and I think 43 of bloom. He has very good results. Maybe on one of my next grows I can do a test of trimming effects, since I have my experiment-box set up, it provides a pretty good test bed for doing these types of comparisons. I'll have to add that to my list of tests to run.

Hey stevehman. I never flush either....same results as you...just a good taste anyway. I did the 21 and 43 day removal too this grow....it's seems to work well. The last one was just uncovering bud sites.

Keep em green!

My day has just been made. A new hydro store is opening up next month in my city and theyre looking for part time associates! Ive sent in my resume. Ive wanted a lil part time hydro store gig for a while now. Wish me luck!

:cheer:
My day has just been made. A new hydro store is opening up next month in my city and theyre looking for part time associates! Ive sent in my resume. Ive wanted a lil part time hydro store gig for a while now. Wish me luck!

I do wish you luck Magic! :thumb:

That would be great!

Medman and steve,
Thanks, i really appreciate it. Since its a new company maybe i can convince the owner on some favorite products (ie advanced leds and such) but who knows.

Magic, sorry it took me a while to get here & post. I actually caught up on this journal last week when there were problems with my account, and couldn't even subscribe or like, let alone post!

Great job on the grow, so far! :welldone:

Since everyone else put in their two cents, maybe I can give you my non-cents (nonsense)!

I do prune at 21 days (after the initial 3-week stretch) and at 45 days into flower. I will take the larger fan leaves just about anytime to open up light to the bud sites.

Two weeks prior to flush, I start reducing PPM's on the nutes. I then run a Clearex solution through the Waterfarms for about an hour, then I give them plain H2O until harvest.

You don't need a flushing agent, but one of the advantages of using one is that you can flush in much less time than with plan H2O (three days instead of 1-2 weeks) which means you can also keep them on nutes longer, if desired.

Best wishes on the potential job! :goodluck:

We all expect a 420 discount if you get it! :)

No problem Mr. Krip. I heard you were having some difficulties. Not exactly sure on the details but im sure it doesnt matter now since youre back!

Thanks for chiming in and giving me your 2 cents. Piggy banks almost full now :)

Im glad you, and all else came to my rescue. I would have flushed way too early. And now i know some good pruning times and techniques. Tomorrow is day 43 and i think I will do a bit of Pruning.

Thanks again Mr. Krip

I wish I had the Money to open My own hydro store. The closest one to me is in Waco or Austin 45 min to hour to either one. Maybe the MJ gods will help me do it somehow.

I wish I had the Money to open My own hydro store. The closest one to me is in Waco or Austin 45 min to hour to either one. Maybe the MJ gods will help me do it somehow.

Heres what we need: a hydro store, head shop, MMJ dispensary, all in one. Call it Wal-Mary.

Heres what we need: a hydro store, head shop, MMJ dispensary, all in one. Call it Wal-Mary.

You better put patent on that name now because when it is finally legalized wal-mart or wal-greens will have one on every corner.

~~~~UPDATE~~~~

advice requested as well

DAY 45

So, the harvest is right around the corner. What to do what to do... Most of the PC buds are showing many red pistils and the tricheys are just starting to fog up. On the other hand, one of the LS phenos, the 2 on the left-front, which exploded past the other LS, still has almost all white, and still seems to be growing rapidly, while the others have slowed down. Now, 2 of the stouter LS I have already chopped, just because each one would probably produce less than a gram. not even kidding. the PC and other pheno totally took over the place and left them with nothing. What I did with them is just cut them at the base with a 45 degree angle and put them in a vase with some water and set it on the dining room table. They add a nice aroma to the dinner scene, I must say :) Anyways, my question is this:

What would be the best way to harvest these 2 different phenos, estimated 10-15 days flowering difference, to get the most potency from the LS, the longer flowering time, without allowing the THC to degrade or chopping the PC early without enough flush time and sacrificing taste?

Let me know what your opinions and thoughts are, all advice appreciated.

And without further adieu, Jungle Fever:

day_45_012.jpg
day_45_013.jpg

This is the last short Lemon Skunk that I didnt cut yet:
day_45_010.jpg

The Lemon Skunk with the apparently longer flowering time:
day_45_009.jpg

Beautiful Pineapple Chunk top:
day_45_007.jpg

My girls are into being tied up. They're freaky...
day_45_008.jpg
day_45_005.jpg
day_45_004.jpg
day_45_003.jpg
day_45_0021.jpg
day_45_0011.jpg

Here's a preview of the next grow. I have some LS clones in the 5x5, but they're being moved to the 2'7x5 once this grow is harvested. I put the waterfarm top in, because my pineapple chunk mom is the one that I'm keeping, so I thought I'd just add to the next grow. I really needed it, though. A few of the clones died. I decided that the next grow will be

250w HPS vs. 200 Diamond Series.

coming in... a little bit.
day_45_014.jpg

:peacetwo:

WORST MORNiNG EVER!!!
So i wake up this morning, walk over to the ladies room and the first step in, my foot is soaked. What the f&@$ is that?!?! Yea, you guessed it. My whole flo n gro 40 gallons worth of water flooded all over my 2nd story apartment floor. I must have somehow not fastened my fill tube securely enough during the rez change last night. NEVER EVER will i make that mistake again. The ladies are doing just fine though.

WORST MORNiNG EVER!!!
So i wake up this morning, walk over to the ladies room and the first step in, my foot is soaked. What the f&@$ is that?!?! Yea, you guessed it. My whole flo n gro 40 gallons worth of water flooded all over my 2nd story apartment floor. I must have somehow not fastened my fill tube securely enough during the rez change last night. NEVER EVER will i make that mistake again. The ladies are doing just fine though.
Hope you were able to get all of the water up before it got to the people below. I can only imagine the mess that created. Make sure you get it all dried up, wet carpet is a breeding ground for mold and mildew.

Back
Top Bottom