Magic Beans' Pineapple Chunk Flo N Gro 9-Site in a 5x5 Tent - Lots of Light!

Thanks a lot and welcome godspeed and ratatattooey. :thumb:

@Crower619: you really should give a hydro grow a go! Everybody has their preferences but in my opinion hydro is easier because you have full control over all limiting factors. Soil is awesome. Hydro is just as awesome. You just have to be careful because more can go wrong with hydro. Maybe start with a waterfarm. Here read this to get acquianted with hydro and nutes Advanced Nutrient Management for hydroponic growers - by Lawrence Brooke

Looks great MB -

I think your spacing looks about right to me (obviously depending on how long you veg), but you have a better feel for it than I do I'm sure since this is my first grow with the Flo N Gro. As you know, it'll be no time before the floor disappears!

I cut mine down to 4 plant sites and re-spaced them, which is a much better layout for the Flo N Gro in the GL80L. I never really wanted to keep 6 in there, but I was trying to hedge my bets in case of hermie, male or other issues, which worked out in the end. I did stagger them a bit like Bassman59 suggests:

X_X_
_X _X

There is always a point of diminishing returns when cramming plants into a limited space (unless you do a SOG, etc.). To that end, I don't expect my overall yield to go down at all even after giving up those 2 plants - the rest will make up for it by stretching out and using the light better. Sorry I'm high and rambling! ;)

Nice start so far, I really like how that fits into the 5x5 tent - I wish I had room to do that!

That extra empty light space will be filled in no time if not already!!! Healthy looking plants! That is a lot of plants for that space!! If I missed it please forgive me....How soon are you going to flip to 12/12?

I think I have the most wasteful light space at the present!! 400w HPS with 4 seedlings!! LOL!! :thumb:

~~~UPDATE~~~

Just a quick update. Numbers are good. All plants have been topped at this point. I had noticed last grow that the P chunks didnt grow very branchy and instead wanted to keep the main cola dominant. After topping, side growth is still pretty slow as these plants want more vertical growth. I want a flat canopy. We'll see who wins the arguement.

Day 19 Veg
day_19_veg_004.jpg
day_19_veg_005.jpg
day_19_veg_006.jpg
day_19_veg_007.jpg
day_19_veg_010.jpg
day_19_veg_009.jpg
day_19_veg_008.jpg

I also thought Id give an update to the cloner. I finished it the night I posted the preview pics. It looks like its going to work great! cant wait to try it. Thanks 420fied!
day_19_veg_001.jpg
day_19_veg_002.jpg
day_19_veg_003.jpg

That extra empty light space will be filled in no time if not already!!! Healthy looking plants! That is a lot of plants for that space!! If I missed it please forgive me....How soon are you going to flip to 12/12?

I think I have the most wasteful light space at the present!! 400w HPS with 4 seedlings!! LOL!! :thumb:

To be honest, I dont know when I'm going to switch. I need to fill in that space first but I know that the P chunks are going to turn into some monsters. Im guessing probably a couple weeks.

That is a very efficient growing system. Two weeks!! This is going to be great to watch!! You are going to have a very full tent!!

Great job on the cloner! :thumb:

Everything looks great as always MB!

That home made cloner is the BOMB! :thumb:

Regarding your canopy battle...

I'm having a similar fight right now with my Northern Lights clones. Had planned to Bonsai them with Mr. K's help, and then came my personal tragedy and everything fell by the wayside. I've let them go way too far with natural growth at this point. They are taking over the grow closet now, so I'm afraid it is going to be the chop for the lot of them!

Have you ever grown NL? What was your impressions if you have? Just curious since I thought the strain was Indica, but the ones I have are far more Sativa-like in terms growing style and the teeny tiny bud size! The NL mother I have is a joke! Aside from the purple color of the tiny little buds, it is hardly worth bothering with. I'm probably going to compost that one too.

Keep up the great work MB! I'll look forward to seeing how that DIY cloner of yours compares to a commercially produced one like my Turbo Klone. I have a feeling yours is going to work better, just based on the number of jets you put in there! :thumb:

Congrats on the DIY aero! Looking good. Lots of spray heads they'll root in no time. Have you drill the holes yet? That's a lot of sites! Are you thinking of joining the 2L adventure? The spacing between each 2in neoprene are too close and the thin piece between may break due to frequent pull/push. That depends how strong the plastic top is. Looking forward to see the finish piece.

~~~UPDATE~~~

Hey all, again sorry for the absence. Long week. back to the grows. the ladies are doing well, Im about to add the 2 180w extreme flowers to the room, keep them vegging a few more days, I plan on taking some clones off these ladies and letting them recover for a couple days. I have a few moms, but I dont believe they will cover all of the clones im going to need. I plan on starting an SOG in the flood table with maybe 20 clones or so. well see. There are a few stragglers that didnt start as quickly and are not as big, Ill figure out how to handle them. dont want any light hitting that floor by the end of the stretch!

@Twelve12: the cloner is actually finished and running a test run right now to make sure I KNOW WHAT IM DOING. i need to get the down before I take 25 clones. dont want to do that then have no rooting and be screwed for a month. but the holes are actually space pretty well. the holes are 1 3/4 in and the neoprene collars are 2in so it seems like they are too close together but thats just the neoprene collars "cupcaking" over the holes. THANKS!

@GG7: I have never grown northern lights, but they sounds like P chunk. they both are supposedly indica dominant, but show more sativa characteristics. Either way theyre sure to be some delicious smoke!

heres the fashion show:
day_25_veg_001.jpg
day_25_veg_004.jpg
day_25_veg_003.jpg
day_25_veg_002.jpg
day_25_veg_005.jpg

MB, I'm just wonderin. Since you've been following my journal. As you know mine are insanely more bushy. Is that more from the strain or have you been trimming along the way too?

Until I took clones last night, I couldnt see the main stalk at all.

MB, I'm just wonderin. Since you've been following my journal. As you know mine are insanely more bushy. Is that more from the strain or have you been trimming along the way too?

Until I took clones last night, I couldnt see the main stalk at all.

Well, the P Chunk pheno i have gets pretty lanky, but i also believe its the MH light im using might not be intense enough for all the plants and caused them to stretch a tad. I could be wrong though. Youll see quite a difference in tour TD clone. It will be super lanky im predicting. But youre grow is fantastic. You want the internodes to be very short. The shorter the internode lengths, the bigger/denser the buds, TYPICALLY.

I havent trimmed these ladies at all. Just topped them. Im kinda scared of how lanky theyre going to be after the stretch... But either way, im getting some delicious buds from them.

Back
Top Bottom