Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk - Lemon Skunk LED Grow - 2011

Thanks for the description, Medman! Sounds like quite a strain. A little intimidating, I must admit. Sounds like a lot of work! But with work comes reward, as we ALL have come to learn with our grow adventures.

@Xlr8: maybe well have to plansomething in the future. Maybe a grow challange like that of SteveHman and Jozo-sha. A grow off would be exciting, right!

Having you and X in a grow challenge using the same grow setup (Flo-N-Gro) and strain would be fantastic.

Love the idea! We'll have to time this right eventually. Would be fun! :)

~~~UPDATE~~~

Well, the results are in!

Pineapple chunk grossed a hefty 132.4g. The lemon skunk gave a nice 64.6g. So 197g total. Definitely not bad. I was hoping for more, but with how uneven that canopy got to be, im not surprised. All in all a great harvest for my standards, especially with only using 360 watts of light.

REPORT:

Lemon Skunk: the name says it all. Smells very lemony with a piney secondary aroma. A nice smoke, although taste is not this strains strong point. Its not bad, but definitely not gourmet. It does the trick; gives a nice buzz but it doesnt last as long as most meds ive had. I did chop a bit early, where maybe 5% trichs were amber. It is a good strain, though. Overall grade: B

Pineapple Chunk: This is some great stuff. VERY potent, very very tasty. The long cure was well worth waiting for, and although it still isnt completely finished, the results thus far are outstanding. This stuff is the stickiest MJ ive had. It has a great aroma. Fruity, yet pungeant and definitely skunky. An excellent taste, and a very smoothe smoke. Immediately half-way closes your eyes and gives you that smily feeling. Only a couple rips oit the dragon and youre good for a couple of hours. Coming down off this MJ is very natural and doesnt make you tired. I was very impressed by Barneys with this strain. Just as Stevehman said, it is definitely worthy of keeping as a permanent strain in my menu. Overall grade: A/A-

Pineapple Chunk sounds great!! I hear it is mold resistant too.:thumb:

Great journal. That P-chunk is now the all-time favorite of my local bud tender at the dispensary. I think he may have purchased the majority of the meds that I supplied them. When you have a seasoned canna-sseur say that it's they best they've had, you really have to give it to the guys at Barneys. And to say it's sticky is an understatement. Don't let the buds touch until they are fully dry and ready to cure, even then mine all stuck together like glue

:goodjob:

Thanks guys. A patient called me just a while ago saying that the pineapple chunk helped his insomnia tremendously last night after i gave it to him, along with giving him the appetite to go to the buffet this afternoon. My next couple of grows feature the PC and LS but soon i will be cutting some Vanilla Kush clones for my next strain trial. Also, anyone tried "Ladyburn 1974"? It came as a freeby in one of my orders. I read the description on SSC and it sounds nice.

MB - I think you made a wise choice with the Flo N Gro, too. Sure it's a big system for tent that size, but it really works and it can be scaled down as you know. You might want to consider a smaller reservoir like the Rubbermaid trash bin system I did if you want to do fewer plant sites and take less space. Plus my res. changes are a breeze the way I've been doing it.

I've done a bunch of hydro grows now (not all of them journaled), this was my first non-DWC hydro grow, and I don't think I'd go back as a primary growing method, (except maybe an undercurrent style experiment I've been itching to try), but even that is looking less interesting watching how well the Flo N Gro works.

I really love this system and growing style so far, and the plants have too since day 1. The only downfall I can think of is that it uses a lot of medium (hydroton in my case). I think I might post a review on it with my initial observations on the system - I'll let you know, maybe you can weigh in with your thoughts too. X

Back
Top Bottom