Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Table

Re: Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Ta

off topic but how much temp drop did you see with the frozen jugs?

do you have journal i can follow?

Hi SirusSirus, the temps dropped with just 1 1gal jug 2 degrees add a 2ltr dropped another degree. Once I added a 4" inline for exhaust(25 bucks) and a 6"clip on to help circulate the cool air blowing in and blow onto bulb it has now dropped to 82 degrees from 90 also helps to keep ambient or room temps around 75 for a cooler tent as well, sorry no journal as of yet I'm workn on it... need more courage and less paranoid wifey.:biglaugh: Thanks goes to MagicBeans idea and a lil more exhaust I have more peace of mind for my babies! Thanks again for wonderful folks here @ 420 that share their ideas, success/failures, and journals with us all:circle-of-love: Have you seen the latest pics of MB's grow? Excellent man that's what I'm talking about! I'm going back for seconds.

Re: Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Ta

That was day 40

Ok that kinda sucks i wrote a couple paragraphs and they didnt even come up on the post. Well, ~~~UPDATE~~~

I was gone for awhile because of a new job. Im working 3 jobs and growing my lafies so not much time. Ive noticed that the LEDs are getting bigger in visual size. I expected them to perform but im still very surprised.

Welcome thatoneguyy, sirussirus, heisenberg and godspeed and thanks for the support. Special thanks to godspeed for the reps.

glad to hear the jugs are helping, voltron. And as sirusirus said, if you have a journal, please do share the link. If not, consider starting one. We love journals here lol.

Hang on folks, were nearing the end of this ride!!!

MB, wow you are a busy guy and you find time to grow and share such a nice grow comparison. I feel bad not posting a journal but I do try to share ideas that have helped me. As I said earlier I am working on it, just need to move a couple more pieces and I will be sharing my grows as well. Thanks for the inspiration and encouraging grows :thanks:

MB, wow you are a busy guy and you find time to grow and share such a nice grow comparison. I feel bad not posting a journal but I do try to share ideas that have helped me. As I said earlier I am working on it, just need to move a couple more pieces and I will be sharing my grows as well. Thanks for the inspiration and encouraging grows :thanks:

Quite flattering im starting to blush. Yea i have been super busy with jobs and growing but its been cutting into my sleep so a change is in order and fast. Definitely wont be stopping the grows lol im thinking about expanding with a couple more tents by the end of the year. I might have 3-4 journals going at once! Itll get very challenging!

Just so you know, voltron; 420mag automatically removes all meta data from photos and location data. Its secure. Even though most of us are growing legally, we all still have the risk of being raided. Fact of the matter is cops dont like us. But either way you dont have to worry about getting busted because of 420mag. So if/WHEN you start a journal, a link is welcome in both of my journals! I dont think ive seen you in my other journal so if you havent, make sure to check it out when you get the chance.

Im giving you some REP points as motivation to begin a journal.

Quite flattering im starting to blush. Yea i have been super busy with jobs and growing but its been cutting into my sleep so a change is in order and fast. Definitely wont be stopping the grows lol im thinking about expanding with a couple more tents by the end of the year. I might have 3-4 journals going at once! Itll get very challenging!

Just so you know, voltron; 420mag automatically removes all meta data from photos and location data. Its secure. Even though most of us are growing legally, we all still have the risk of being raided. Fact of the matter is cops dont like us. But either way you dont have to worry about getting busted because of 420mag. So if/WHEN you start a journal, a link is welcome in both of my journals! I dont think ive seen you in my other journal so if you havent, make sure to check it out when you get the chance.

Im giving you some REP points as motivation to begin a journal.

:bravo::Namaste::thanks: I really appreciate that MB!!! I wasn't aware of the particulars with 420 security, but I have come to appreciate the sites mission and the folks here and believed that we wouldn't be just blowing in the wind so to speak. This surely has encouraged me so I will be getting the camera ready learning how to resize and starting a journal in the very near future. Thanks for allowing a link in your journal and I will be checking out your other journal (already peeked in the other day) I'm also trying to catch up on OMM wonderful story filled journal:thumb:. Thanks again for rep and encouragement, gotta spread some rep and get more back to you!!!:thanks:

Ah crap! Not only another journal that I MUST subscribe to, but I'm 10 pages late, as is my M.O. it seems.....Guess I know what I'm doing this evening...:nomo::lot-o-toke:

~~~UPDATE~~~

Well, its about that time to start gearing up the shears, bins, get out the dry box and prep up. We're close. They are smelling just great! I love the very short flowering time on this pheno. I noticed it was only about 50-54 days. I will be sad to let this strain go out of my selection, but it just wasnt the right one for me. It's good, but nothing specifically awe-inspiring. It will make me happy for the next couple of months while I wait for the P chunks to finish up in the bigger tent. Can't wait for that either! Well, here are the nugshots:

day_43_004.jpg
day_43_015.jpg

LED
day_43_005.jpg

day_43_007.jpg
day_43_008.jpg
day_43_009.jpg

HPS
day_43_011.jpg
day_43_013.jpg
day_43_014.jpg

And a preview of Journal 4: Vanilla Kush on the left, Pineapple Chunk on the right:
day_43_002.jpg
day_28_veg_007.jpg

Cant wait to try that VK!

Welcome Quixilver,

dont worry, theres a lot of pretty pictures to guide you through!

@voltron: Thanks for the REPs. Looking forward to the journal.

Are some of the leaves on both sides of the divider tacoing due to heat-stress, or am I imagining it?

And a harvest question: Does it look like the correct harvest date will be the same for both sets? I've heard that different types/spectra of lighting used consistently all the way through can affect the length of the flowering period. Did the time of the flowering stretch seem to be about the same (I'm not curious as to the amount that they stretched, only whether or not the time period was the same)?

Plants on both sides look good!

Are some of the leaves on both sides of the divider tacoing due to heat-stress, or am I imagining it?

And a harvest question: Does it look like the correct harvest date will be the same for both sets? I've heard that different types/spectra of lighting used consistently all the way through can affect the length of the flowering period. Did the time of the flowering stretch seem to be about the same (I'm not curious as to the amount that they stretched, only whether or not the time period was the same)?

Plants on both sides look good!

Thanks TS.

I noticed that "tacoing" as well but i dont think its due to heat stress. The highest temp these ladies have seen is 83 and that was only 1 day. Its been a pretty constant 75-80 every day since inducing 12/12. Ive only noticed it on the LED side but i didnt think much of it as the ladies are in great health i didnt think there was any problem to them. It is peculiar, though. I wonder if maybe one of the UV or infrared leds had something to do with it?

As for the harvest day the trichs are looking pretty good on each side. They are both getting foggy but i cant say i see a difference.

I remember reading in at least one of the "grow bibles" I have that a very low relative humidity can also cause the leaves to do that.

MB, what height above canopy are you maintaining with the LED? Maybe you moved it up for pics, or maybe it's just that pics are hard to tell but it looks like the LED is pretty high in above photos?

I also recognize there are differing suggestions with different brand lights. But iirc, I was thinking Stevehman was running 18" above canopy with Advanced LED?

MB, what height above canopy are you maintaining with the LED? Maybe you moved it up for pics, or maybe it's just that pics are hard to tell but it looks like the LED is pretty high in above photos?

I also recognize there are differing suggestions with different brand lights. But iirc, I was thinking Stevehman was running 18" above canopy with Advanced LED?

I have my LED about 18" from the canopy as well, of coarse the canopy is a bit uneven so it ranges about 16-22 inches from the light.

@Fratdogg: ive heard that, too and it makes sense, but my humidity hasnt gone below 40 and when i open the tent you can feel the humidity in there. Strange. Ill see if taco bell needs any shells.

Wow very nice girls you have there so hard to tell one from the other, fruits seem identical in size. Looks like there are more colas on the led side. have you any idea of what sort of yeild from each you might get?

:bravo:

Wow that is amazing! I love the side by side:) can't wait for the results, looks pretty close. I'm going for the led side, I love technology. ;)

Ok, caught up here, gotta go finish your other one too now.
You've done a great job here MB, It looks to me like it's going to be quite a close call. There isn't really a signifigant visible difference, as far as I can tell! Looking forward to seeing the final #s, as well as smoke report! As soon as I can again, I'll be repping you.:goodjob:

I have my LED about 18" from the canopy as well, of coarse the canopy is a bit uneven so it ranges about 16-22 inches from the light.

@Fratdogg: ive heard that, too and it makes sense, but my humidity hasnt gone below 40 and when i open the tent you can feel the humidity in there. Strange. Ill see if taco bell needs any shells.
MB,
Just finished up my height test and for the Extreme Flower series I think 18~20 is the ticket, I talked with the guys at Advanced and they recommend going an additional 4~6 on the DS lights, I think 22 should be a good distance.

Just a quick update; sorry no pics.

I have begun the flush. just giving them straight water for the next few days. I will be chopping on sunday. trichs are all cloudy now and smell has peaked. I liked the quick flower time on this Lemon Skunk pheno. Just flipped to 12/12 in the other journal. check it out.

Also. If anybody could help me. I still havent figured out how to customize my signature ie the description of the link IS the link, if that makes sense. if someone could point me in the right direction on how to do that Id appreciate it.

I will take pics of these ladies right before the dark period on saturday.

I still havent figured out how to customize my signature ie the description of the link IS the link, if that makes sense. if someone could point me in the right direction on how to do that Id appreciate it.

It's easy (after you know how). Edit your .SIG. Copy the actual link that you have in it. Then highlight the text above that link, click on the Insert Link icon, and paste the link into the pop-up box.

Do that for both of the threads that you have links to in your .SIG and then delete the live links that you currently have, since they will no longer be necessary.

You can turn any text into a link, such as this shortcut to edit your .SIG, lol.

Back
Top Bottom