Malawi, Golden Tiger, Wild Thailand & Apple Betty From Herbies Seeds

Day 24

Roughly a day from turning on the humidifier, a full gallon of water !

Tried lots of combinations, with my room exhaust fan off I can get the humidity up to ~50% but the temp is 90F !

I decided to settle for less rh and a lower temp, exhaust fan on temp is 85F but humidity drops to mid 30's.

Oil filled heater keeps the temps in the low 70's at lights off. Also humidifier and exhaust fan are off.

These pictures are from yesterday.....

Day 24 Apple Betty 2 Feb 23.jpg

Day 24 Golden Tiger 2 Feb 23.jpg

Day 24 Malawi 2 Feb 23.jpg

Day 24 Wild Thailand 2 Feb 23.jpg

And this picture was about an hour ago...

Day 25 The Girls 3 Feb 23.jpg

Cheers
I’m having the same problem, but @InTheShed recomended a bowl 🍚 of water n towel with the fan blowing over n it raised it up to 50 rh. Good luck n happy growing. CL🍀

Won't do much in my situation.

I have a 4' x 4' x 4' high enclosure in a 10' x 10' x 8' high room that has a low speed exhaust during daylight hours to keep the temp down ;)

Grow enclosure 27 Apr.jpg

Cheers
Yeah it would have to be an enormous bowl for that . CL🍀

Day 29

The Girls were fed and topped two days ago...

BTW > used my new ($22) Chika masa stainless (T-550S) Bud Shears to crop.

Scary sharp, didn't even feel any pressure.

The spring is much more effective in returning to open than the less expensive coil spring version ;)

Chika trimmer.JPG

Will let you's know how they do on a harvest !

Heights range from 8" - 11". At this stage I make hooks out of #14 gauge electrical wire. They are actually heavy enough that even hanging a short length of them from a branch works for a gentle nudge !

Next node the green soft wire and binder clips..

The only one that is looking like a Sativa is the Golden Tiger ?

The Malawi and Wild Thailand have pretty broad leaves, so far. Apple Betty is Indica dominant..

Night time temps are ~ 75 F, rh is ~ 45%.

Lights on temps are 85.5 F and rh is ~ 37%.

It looks like I am going to be able to use my well water in the humidifier. A light scrub with a soft brush every two tanks seems to be enough. I'm getting roughly two days per tank of water at medium setting....

Levoit humidifier

On with the show ;)

Day 29 Malawi 7 Feb 23.jpg

Day 29 Wild Thailand 7 Feb 23.jpg

Day 29 Golden Tiger 7 Feb 23.jpg

Day 29 Apple Betty 7 Feb 23.jpg

Cheers

Day 29

The Girls were fed and topped two days ago...

BTW > used my new ($22) Chika masa stainless (T-550S) Bud Shears to crop.

Scary sharp, didn't even feel any pressure.

The spring is much more effective in returning to open than the less expensive coil spring version ;)

Chika trimmer.JPG

Will let you's know how they do on a harvest !

Heights range from 8" - 11". At this stage I make hooks out of #14 gauge electrical wire. They are actually heavy enough that even hanging a short length of them from a branch works for a gentle nudge !

Next node the green soft wire and binder clips..

The only one that is looking like a Sativa is the Golden Tiger ?

The Malawi and Wild Thailand have pretty broad leaves, so far. Apple Betty is Indica dominant..

Night time temps are ~ 75 F, rh is ~ 45%.

Lights on temps are 85.5 F and rh is ~ 37%.

It looks like I am going to be able to use my well water in the humidifier. A light scrub with a soft brush every two tanks seems to be enough. I'm getting roughly two days per tank of water at medium setting....

Levoit humidifier

On with the show ;)

Day 29 Malawi 7 Feb 23.jpg

Day 29 Wild Thailand 7 Feb 23.jpg

Day 29 Golden Tiger 7 Feb 23.jpg

Day 29 Apple Betty 7 Feb 23.jpg

Cheers
How do you like your humidifier? The reason I ask is because @GainesvilleGreen is looking 👀 for one. CL🍀 :thanks: :Namaste:

Day 31....

Training has commenced on the Golden Tiger and Apple Betty, the Malawi and Wild Thailand need a couple more days ;)

One small issue I didn't anticipate.

My new 5 gallon bags are 12" diameter, my elevators are 13" and saucers are 13 1/2", sold as 14".....

It's working out to a cup or so of run off from a gallon of feed and even with the Air Domes running the bottoms of the saucers are "wet" after four days !

Nothing is growing in there and the Girls don't seem to mind but....

I'm going to raise the elevators an inch or so and get some more ventilation in there !

I should also mention I've been watering the full 4L for a while now instead of working my way up.

My reasoning or hope was the Air Domes would counter any overwatering issues and I am doing a wet/dry watering schedule. Two are a day behind at four days but Need to be dry before they get fed again :yummy:

Won't be long before they are all at my target of three days...

Day 31 The Girls 9 Feb 23.jpg

Day 31 Malawi 9 Feb 23.jpg

Day 31 Wild Thailand 9 Feb 23.jpg

Day 31 Apple Betty 9 Feb 23.jpg

Day 31 Golden Tiger 9 Feb 23.jpg

Cheers

Day 31....

Training has commenced on the Golden Tiger and Apple Betty, the Malawi and Wild Thailand need a couple more days ;)

One small issue I didn't anticipate.

My new 5 gallon bags are 12" diameter, my elevators are 13" and saucers are 13 1/2", sold as 14".....

It's working out to a cup or so of run off from a gallon of feed and even with the Air Domes running the bottoms of the saucers are "wet" after four days !

Nothing is growing in there and the Girls don't seem to mind but....

I'm going to raise the elevators an inch or so and get some more ventilation in there !

I should also mention I've been watering the full 4L for a while now instead of working my way up.

My reasoning or hope was the Air Domes would counter any overwatering issues and I am doing a wet/dry watering schedule. Two are a day behind at four days but Need to be dry before they get fed again :yummy:

Won't be long before they are all at my target of three days...

Day 31 The Girls 9 Feb 23.jpg

Day 31 Malawi 9 Feb 23.jpg

Day 31 Wild Thailand 9 Feb 23.jpg

Day 31 Apple Betty 9 Feb 23.jpg

Day 31 Golden Tiger 9 Feb 23.jpg

Cheers
Hey bro I’m wondering how long yer going to go before you flip them? CL🍀

Day 34.

The Wild Thailand was ready for some more aggressive training this evening !

She is looking like she is going to be tall so I have to decide whether to train her horizontally now or go with a wire hoop when she reaches 30" or so...

And within a week or so I will have to decide how many main cola's/branches I leave on all the girls when I start lollipopping....

Day 34 Wild Thailand train 12 Feb 23.jpg

The Malawi should be ready for some attention tomorrow ;)

Day 34 Malawi 12 Feb 23.jpg

I'm currently at 2.5g/4L of MC right now. The Malawi has just the hint of twist on her new leaves, the rest of the girls seem to be okay with that amount...

Cheers

Early on Day 36....

Did a little bit more training this evening.

I am now A Solid Convert to "car hooks" (?)....

12" Bamboo skewers with a length of green wire at the top !

I have a half dozen lengths of #14 electrical wire I've been using with binder clips. They needed to be moved today so I removed all the clips, moved the wires to where they were needed to pull down the new growth and pressed them into the medium.

Done !

A true duh moment o_O

Picking up a 100pc pk tomorrow for $3.87 :yahoo:

I'm changing up my training strategy a bit for this grow by spreading the remaining (after trimming) six or eight branches farther out. Shorter and wider...

Still looking at a switch to flower at day 50. If this method doesn't keep them short enough I can always employ the stakes/metal hoop and force them to grow horizontally.

My target is 4' high. I have the height but I'm not looking to grow trees or break any records here ;)

Reducing my wet trim time at harvest is also a goal, all the lower bud sites that won't produce much are pinched off.

With lollipopping and some trimming along the way my largest plant last grow didn't take much more than half an hour to trim !

This is the level I trim to....

Double Chocolate.jpg

After the wet trim. Roughly 18" of horizontal growth..

Double Chocolate  9 Nov.jpg

And this evenings torture ;)

Day 36 The Girls 14 Feb 23.jpg

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom