Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

BID, do you think the 1200 watt mars2 would be sufficient for my 4x4x7' tent with about 6-8 plants? Or am I trying to get too many plants in the tent.

orderd on the 16th.tracking # is still Not working..and light still not here 8( it's been 2 weekends already, has anyone had it take this long before with tracking # Not Working?

Hoi, topled'team and readers,
after three days with my new lights (600W hps -> 2 Reflectors 96*3W), i've my first feedback.

My darlings are still very pleased and they seem to give their happiness back. Illumination and penetration looks better and i got an average temperatur drop of ~2°C. For the lightning, i'm convinced they are an improvement.

A small displeasurement is the UK plug. UK is in europe, but it's stille a little america with its own measurement units and plug type which is useless in rest of europe. But i expected it (pictures of your website) and a standard electric cable is quickly switched.

I've found only one disturbing thing, which i really dislike: the cooling fans. They sound like old server stations from the late 90´s and they drown every other fan. Before, only the sound of a light wind came out of my cabinet, now.. like a huricane.
I'm aware that the lifespan of a LED drops approx exponential with the temperature, so keeping a low temperature IS a necessary. Could this be done with lower powerage, additional cool pipes and/or lower noise vents? If there had been such a possibility to upgrade, i would have taken it without a second thought. Or could someone recommend a way to switch the vents, in regard of the temperature factor?

im a first time poster but i have been following this thread for awhile. i have the 144x3 reflector and love what its doing for veg, cant wait to flip it. ive got a question, i was on ebay earlier and saw a 1200 watt reflector with 5 watt leds that looks like my light just bigger. my question is this a topledgrow light since i dont see it on their website and if its has anyone used it and which would be better the reflector or mars since they both have 5 watt chips

@SourDman:

Do you plan to journal your grow? I'd love to see this light in action in a similar space as mine. I wish I had the money to spring for 80x5w. Will have to wait another month or two if I decide not to buy the 48x3w. I'm a bricklayer by trade. Winters always kill me financially. Constantly losing time due to freezing temps and holidays.

I have the 96x3w reflector and I love it. My girls love it too!

orderd on the 16th.tracking # is still Not working..and light still not here 8( it's been 2 weekends already, has anyone had it take this long before with tracking # Not Working?

Dude I don't know where ya live but if it is in the states UPS and FedEx were out delivering on Christmas because of the backlog they have due to weather. Everything is supposed to be delivered by the end of the week weather permitting. I still have Christmas presents that have not been delivered and the weather has been fine here but it is all bottle necked across the country. I can promise you it is worth the wait. I have a 96x3w and my girls love it. Good luck and hold on it will be there......:peace:.

2 weeks? nope. Never heard of that long other than when there was that dock-worker's strike last year in San Diego.

Hi, I was wondering what you good ppl would recomend for my grow cab, I have one space witch is 2*3 that I wil use for flovering and some veg too, the second space is 2*1 and wil be used for mothers and clones.
Which 2 lights and which spectrums?

Also I see some post about the cooling fans on the lights beeing noisey, how loud are they? this is a stelth grow in my bedroom and noise is a concerne

Hi, [..] one space witch is 2*3 [..] , the second space is 2*1 [...]
Oi! ... did you measured in meters of feets?
Mines (2 96*3W) are new, but they seem to realy nice for 1,5*0,8m or for my new 1*1,1m, both in one room only. But my experiences are only some days long.
And for my mentioned noise fans, if i compare them with my 5Watt Hortiline clipventilator, they are noticeable louder - as a small vacuum cleaner would be a bit too much.... Since today i'm working the hole day for my selfmade stealthroom in a cabinet (approx 2cm thick wood, an Ikea Pax combination). Insside the cabinet, the first installed 96*3W sounds now like my old Desktop-PC.Just right, im really really enjoy the 12 hours cicle, because at night i want to sleep too!
When i'm finished, and not slain by a plank of wood, i'll pass on it.

Ok , I had a brain fart !
Just wonder what u folks do with ur Led bloom & veg switches ?
1) Veg for veg .
2) Now the tricky part - I have heard some folk's use both switches ( veg & flower) for flowering ? I must say its quite a show when there both on (Super bright).
Is there a advantage to running both switches ? Or save my money and only use one switch @ a time ?

Cheer's
J
DSCF000551.JPG

Ok , I had a brain fart !
Just wonder what u folks do with ur Led bloom & veg switches ?
1) Veg for veg .
2) Now the tricky part - I have heard some folk's use both switches ( veg & flower) for flowering ? I must say its quite a show when there both on (Super bright).
Is there a advantage to running both switches ? Or save my money and only use one switch @ a time ?

Cheer's
J
DSCF000551.JPG

I have the 144x3w and your right, it is a really bright light!! I currently am using it in my veg tent which is 2.5'x5'x7' in size. I am only using it on the veg setting and getting amazing results. The growth is very slightly slower than my 400w HID light, but, on the plus side, these plants are so dense and there internode spacing is so tight, I am extremely happy!!

I haven't needed to use the "flower" switch yet. Just make sure that if you use the flowering switch, the veg switch is also on because the fans only run when the "veg" switch is in the on position.

I haven't used it for flowering yet, but I have to say, for veg it definitely can replace a 400w HID, easily!

UPS said maybe they lost this package, they asked us to resent one. I resend, skype you the tracking number.

It seems I haven't been here for some days. It has been busy for the end of this year. many works need to be done. If I do not answer questions here, please just email me, I will reply very fast. If you only ask price, please order on website directly, that is the best price we can do . If you want my suggestions, please email me, I will give you my opinion.

Another good or bad news I am not sure now. Our price come down again. maybe 10% lower than before.Good because customer can get better price. bad becuase I said maybe price will raise, there has someone ordered these days.. I am updating our website now.

Besides, my company promised to me they will keep the light quality no matter how low price they do . so do not worry about the light quality.

could you just send me an email Phlipper, thank u . I think your light has problem.
Hoi, topled'team and readers,
after three days with my new lights (600W hps -> 2 Reflectors 96*3W), i've my first feedback.

My darlings are still very pleased and they seem to give their happiness back. Illumination and penetration looks better and i got an average temperatur drop of ~2°C. For the lightning, i'm convinced they are an improvement.

A small displeasurement is the UK plug. UK is in europe, but it's stille a little america with its own measurement units and plug type which is useless in rest of europe. But i expected it (pictures of your website) and a standard electric cable is quickly switched.

I've found only one disturbing thing, which i really dislike: the cooling fans. They sound like old server stations from the late 90´s and they drown every other fan. Before, only the sound of a light wind came out of my cabinet, now.. like a huricane.
I'm aware that the lifespan of a LED drops approx exponential with the temperature, so keeping a low temperature IS a necessary. Could this be done with lower powerage, additional cool pipes and/or lower noise vents? If there had been such a possibility to upgrade, i would have taken it without a second thought. Or could someone recommend a way to switch the vents, in regard of the temperature factor?

It is good news and bad news about the price changes! Hooray for better LED prices from a great company!! But sad that I just ordered a week ago and spent 72$ more than if I would have waited a week...

Happy New Years Sara!

Back
Top Bottom