McBudz Perpetual Journal

Aberration;1020650 Oh said:
do [/I]like it as well. I'm planning to take that idea much farther in stage 2 of my grow.

:peace:

^420 on the multi-stage veg. MDVL and I where having breakfast at the restuarant yesterday morning and she suggested we set up our 400 watt MH for a secondary veg area. At first I didn't give it much thought, but later it seemed to make more sense, especially if we are going to a perpetual grow. Start the seedlings under CFL's, veg for 2-3 weeks, then move them into the MH veg area for a week or two, then under the 1000 watt HPS to finish.:thanks::bravo:

Fluffy is usually something to do with light. Either not enough at the bud, or the light schedule got screwed up somewhere or light was leaking in and it tried vegging again which will stretch the buds out. 4 feet sounds far away. In an aircooled setup I'm pretty sure you can get closer than that with a 1000. I've never run 1K so I don't want to to go too close but I'd say go closer.

I should ask .. is this even the main colas that are fluffy or lateral buds that may have been too crowded? Lower buds can be fluffy due to being shaded which brings me to my first point...

All of the buds are fluffy. Even the main colas. And the 4 feet was probably the furthest plant from the light, but 4 of them were within 1-2 feet and there was one on each end that was about 2-4 feet away. Even the plants closest to the light were fluffy.

Would one 5 minute light interruption throw the plants off?? Because I did have to go in there once or twice with a dim flashlight.

^420 on the multi-stage veg. MDVL and I where having breakfast at the restuarant yesterday morning and she suggested we set up our 400 watt MH for a secondary veg area. At first I didn't give it much thought, but later it seemed to make more sense, especially if we are going to a perpetual grow. Start the seedlings under CFL's, veg for 2-3 weeks, then move them into the MH veg area for a week or two, then under the 1000 watt HPS to finish.:thanks::bravo:

sounds like a great plan.

From my last harvest... I got nothing but fluffy buds. Even my Indica dominant strains that I know arnt supposed to be fluffy they still turned out that way.

High MMRC. There may be a definition issue over 'fluffy'. Compared to what?
Your last harvest was your first harvest in ten yrs?
Ripe buds are soft and wet. They're a little bit open so air can get in there.
They're also trich covered if they're any good.
Growers with more experience than me photo fine, firm, tight dry nugs.
Mine dry more airy, but weigh well and earn respect. Good luck with yours.

LS was havested Tuesday/Wednesday. Its in brown paper bags today unfortunately no shots of the harvest. I will get some once they have cured a bit.

Moved the PE/BW clones into bloom wednesday. Found that most root systems were not as advanced as they should be or have been in the past. Also found similar scenerio with some of the plants harvested. I need to look into and address this. A plant can only produce so much bud if it only has so much root mass.

Also found bugs in the root zone. Tiny white little fuckers. SO now running 3oz of azatrol in my res with nutes. Also added hygrozyme back in for better root development. Have H&G Roots Excel. en route to help jumpstart cuttings in cloner and veg stage.

Not sure if my change in veg table flooding is impacting my root development. I upped it to do more frequent on cycles 15 mins every 2 hrs. May back it off to every 4 hours again and see if roots respond better.

BW's in the cloner may stay a little while longer there. I upped the nutes to 700ppm and added hygrozyme.

DSCN08111.JPG

DSCN08121.JPG

Decided to retire the Nemesis mom.

Just letting her dry out

DSCN08131.JPG

Strawberry Blue. Accidentally snapped the top off last week LST'ing her. She bounced right back with a vengeance.

DSCN08141.JPG

Chocolope

DSCN08151.JPG

Pe and BW moms

DSCN0816.JPG

Day 2 BW and PE

DSCN08181.JPG

DSCN0817.JPG

3.5 weeks Nemesis

DSCN08201.JPG

DSCN0819.JPG

:thanks:

Great stuff as always. I too have seen a little dip in my roots development, and I think its from not cleaning everything between cycles as well as I should. I am really deciding that a strong flush of H2O2 through the system between cycles is really necessary. And I will no longer just use the cloning gel from the jar(I know I wasn't supposed to in the first place) but pour out what I need. All the rest is common sense clean stuff. But I think flushing and sterilizing is far more important than I thought. I knew it was - but I have only recently learned how it can stunt or slow things - without actually showing visible damage - ie smaller roots.

:peace::rollit:

Edit - and I too stopped using Hygrozyme and went back. I really think it makes a huge difference.

Hey McB.

i know you keep explaining the same stuff, but can you tell me how you wash the hydroton between cycles.

What if you had a bacterial problem at the end, maybe some pythium, would you do something extra to make sure it doesn't come back?

thanks bro.

Hey McB.

i know you keep explaining the same stuff, but can you tell me how you wash the hydroton between cycles.

What if you had a bacterial problem at the end, maybe some pythium, would you do something extra to make sure it doesn't come back?

thanks bro.

Once this last time I rinsed them in the bathtub. Total PITA. Before that I hadn't rinsed them other than when it was new. Then I put in 5 gallon buckets with drain holes and rinsed in the shower until red water stopped coming out. I suppose every 6 months to a year its not a bad idea to start with fresh clay.

I found a way to run tap water to my room this week and I rinsed the hydroton in the buckets and the drain water drained back to the empty res and was pumped out to waste.

Hey McB.

thanks bro.

As far as something bacterial, I would run h202 high concentrate or perhaps some bacteria specific additive. I feel like hygrozyme may be a good, albeit expensive, preventative as well as another root additive like roots excel for stronger roots which I'll be trying real soon.

thanks bro. yeah i need to go get some h2o2. that's good suggestion. thanks

I have to re-up on sensizyme too, pretty much the same price as the hygrozyme, but tuned for my nute line. but yeah, big $$$ for the enzymes, esp with how much they want you to use. 50 gal calls for over a liter of sensizyme a week on the calculator. retarded.

Wow, great journal! It hurts to look at your mom dry out. You cant do that to hear, it like torture, she was so good to you. Why dont you flower her? I cant help but want to water her!

Awesome nugs though..!:thumb:

thanks bro. yeah i need to go get some h2o2. that's good suggestion. thanks

I have to re-up on sensizyme too, pretty much the same price as the hygrozyme, but tuned for my nute line. but yeah, big $$$ for the enzymes, esp with how much they want you to use. 50 gal calls for over a liter of sensizyme a week on the calculator. retarded.

Not sure on price per ml but hygrozyme calls for 8ml per gal so I'll run anywhere from 250ml to 400ml per EnG barrel depening on how I feel. I can at least get a couple uses out of a liter with good results.

My friend, you have a small reforestation project going there! Looking healthy as they can. Keep up the excellant work.

I like to replace what I cut down ;) All about renewable resources

:thumb: Looking great brother grower....:yummy: Very sweet clone machine

Thanks man, EZ Cloner is a very nice machine

Wow, great journal! It hurts to look at your mom dry out. You cant do that to hear, it like torture, she was so good to you. Why dont you flower her? I cant help but want to water her!

Awesome nugs though..!:thumb:

Id flower her but I just don't have the space. Trust me its hard to do but I cant keep 5 moms. Ultimately I'm only going to keep 1. its tryouts and they need to make the cut.

Back
Top Bottom