20150928_193830.jpg
20150928_193836.jpg
20150928_193843.jpg
20150928_193852.jpg
20150928_193905.jpg
20150928_193915.jpg
20150928_193923.jpg
20150928_193931.jpg

nothing big to update at the moment just watching my green babies grow. I will post more pics tomorrow.

Another update for you guys with some pics,

First the pics, the plants are looking green and healthy, eating as much as they are drinking, the 2 smaller plants have really filled in over the last few days, I may switch to flower a little sooner, I am hoping to harvest before Christmas, looking forward to a green Christmas this year.

20150929_173729.jpg
20150929_173742.jpg
20150929_173752.jpg
20150929_173759.jpg
20150929_173825.jpg
20150929_173844.jpg
20150929_173854.jpg
20150929_173935.jpg
20150929_174004.jpg

yeah vlad it sure is once you dial everything in there isn't much to do with them other than watch them grow.

Thx Glimmerglass, I'm trying to push them as much as I can since I have a deadline I am trying to reach for harvest. They have put on more size than I expected.

Today is the day,

Right now I am running water through the RO system to make enough gallons to clean and change out the nutrient water. I will be adding in flower nutrients tonight after I clean out the buckets. I was going to wait until sunday, however due to me having to leave the country in late December I need to have these cut down before then. I will be cutting it kinda close to my deadline, but I feel like these plants wont disappoint me.

I will be using 2 gallons of RO water per bucket, 15ml of each FloraMicro FloraGro and FloraBloom, 10ml of CALMAG, 5ml of KOOLBLOOM, and for the plants with small amounts of roots, I will also use 2ml of RapidStart. I will update with pics and the ppms of the nute mix after its all said and done. The PH I will also lower, during flower I keep it between 6.0-6.2. for flower I keep it between 5.8 and 6.2.

The light schedule will also be changing tonight, they plants come on at 4pm today, they will be turned off at 7am tomorrow morning and not turned back on until 7pm. Giving it 12 hours of darkness to start its 12/12 schedule.

Alright here we go!

All buckets have been successfully cleaned as well as changed and flower nutes added. I have the PH at 5.9 since it always rises by .1 - .2 it will be in the perfect range for this week. next week the ph will be lowered to and kept at 5.8. The ppms in all the buckets range between 1400-1500. I hung a new GreenPad CO2 generator in the tent to have a new supply of CO2 for the next 2 weeks, then I will stop using the CO2 pads as CO2 is not needed so much for flower, mainly veg. I also added 15ml of 3% H2O2 to each bucket to help keep root rot at bay I also use it as general daily maintenance for the plants. Here are the pics I promised I took them after changing out the buckets.

20150930_165708.jpg
20150930_165716.jpg
20150930_165722.jpg
20150930_165728.jpg
20150930_165747.jpg
20150930_165754.jpg
20150930_165802.jpg
20150930_165819.jpg

Things look amazing Sci!
1400-1500 ppm good for that strain? I am going the other way dropping to 800 goal as I am trying more is less approach. I had problems above 1200 on last grow but I am a noob so who knows if it wasn't just other issue's too...
Things look great and look forward to your future stuff ;)

:peace:
FE

Yeah it's not bad it's pretty aggressive feeding but I like to push my plants, I know they can take it, I grew their mothers from seed and have picked up on what she likes and doesn't like. White widow is a very forgiving strain reguardless, but the more you beat her down the better she stands up is probably the best way I can put how this strain is. I'm excited to see how big they grow this time.

The clones were taken 8/16, and showed roots on 8/26. If you count when they rooted as start of veg, they would have been in veg for 35 days. The mother of these was only vegged for 19 days. So I'm excited to see what these do and the difference in yield compared to last grow. I also added another light this grow that I didn't have during the last one. I will keep updating everyday with pics.

Well today is just not my day,

I haven't really slept the last few days due to work, getting a few of my projects ready to go into clinical trials. And that really showed last night.

So last night I changed the nutes in all the buckets to flower nutes, and I was suppose to change the damn light timer as well. I forgot to change the timer, and forgot to ask the wife to check on them before she heads out to work. So when I woke up today at 11am from sleeping in, the lights in the grow room were still on. There went my first day of 12/12.

To make matters worse I have an award dinner to attend tonight where I am getting some kind of award for the work I have done in the advancement of pain management medications. So I decided to just give it another day of 18/6 and tomorrow will be its first day of 12/12. I didn't want to have to turn the light on and off at 11am and 11pm to keep the 12/12 schedule. Tomorrow morning the light will turn off at 630 and will turn on at 630 like its suppose to.

I like having the light on mainly at night since its so hot during the day here in the desert. at night the temps are still in the 90Fs outside right now, but its better than it being 110F during the day and trying to have my lights on as well. If I have the lights on during the day the temps inside the tent easily reach 95+.

My ppm meter is acting up so I am going to take it to a local hydro shop, the owner is the self proclaimed best indoor grower in las vegas, and he has a deal where if he cant fix your ppm or ph meter, which he works on them for free, he gives you a new hanna meter if he cant fix your meter. He even has a 20 minute fix it guarantee. In his shop, every Saturday he has a free grow school at his hydro store. He covers different things different weeks and you can always ask him to cover something your interested about when your there. I have been using this guy as a source of information since the last 4 weeks of flower during my last grow.

During Veg I didn't have any problems with nute burn or deficiencies, the plant was green and healthy during the entire grow. However I do expect to have some burning going on and possibly some deficiencies during this switch to flower. Last grow they got burned up for the first 2 weeks of flower then they straightened out, I am half expecting the same from these clones, if it does work out that way, then atleast I know they will straighten themselves out but I will be keeping an eye on them in the meantime to watch for signs of stress and malnutrition and overfeeding. Today when I turned the light off they looked fine, nice and green and healthy, I was worried I may have added too much K in the ratio by adding in the koolbloom along with the FLORABLOOM.

Another thing I wanna talk about real quick, PPMs. So what I have found, I have another meter that I use in my science lab, it measures the actual amounts of particulates in the water and gives you a printed reading on your computer screen of what exactly is in the water and the actual ppms of each particulate. Now my TDS meter may say 1700ppm. However that is not entirely accurate, for example it may be 1700 ppm and your would think its too high and water it down, when in actuality you do have 1700ppms but you are missing half the building block nutrients the plant needs, so it shows signs of deficiencies and signs of nute burn at the same time. I have seen this over and over again in peoples grows, now I now its hard to avoid unless you have a $3000 particulate meter, and even if you have one its not like your going to use it everyday to check the ppms of your grow containers. But it should serve as a reminder, that even though your ppm meter says you have high amount of nutes, you may not have the right nutes and can cause all sorts of issues that you will spend every waking hour trying to figure out what is going on searching through forums pulling up pics of leaves to try and identify all the different things going on, I have been there done that and would prefer to not do it again lol, that's why I took the time to write about this and hopefully save someone hours of searching. Read and watch your plant, learn what each deficiency looks like, and then you will know what she needs and when she needs it. Also remember to keep in mind, if your target ppm for base nutes is for example 1500 ppm, but your also adding CALMAG, and any other additive like RapidStart, or KoolBloom, your ppms will rise as well, for example, when I put in RO water, the PPM is 18, then after I add 10ml of CALMAG the PPM goes to 230, now add the 1500ppm of base nutes, bringing it to 1730ppm, and now add rapid start and koolbloom which will bring it up another 100ppm or so. ending around 1800-1900ppm sometimes it even goes in the 2000s in the ppm range, granted that doesn't stay in those ranges for long, just 2 weeks. So yeah basically it boils down to how much of each is in the water, I have been learning not to rely on the TDS meter as an accurate tool due what I explained earlier with the particulate meter. I use it more as a guideline now. Just my .02 cents if anyone is interested.

Loved the update. Your feelings about the PPM's are in line with mine, so I loved the update. :) I am experimenting right now with adding more Calmag to my grow to get the leaves looking better. It seems to be working. I am monitoring the ppm's to keep an idea of how much is in there and to learn how much the PPM's increase with a given amount of supplement. Trying to get a handle on how concentrated everything is. Congrats on the award, sucks about the light timer, gl with everything else. :)

All is well in my neck of the woods, the lights were successfully turned off at the right time this morning, I will be turning the lights on again at 7 30 tonight, the wife was about an hour late turning the lights off this morning which only puts my timing behind by an hour and I can live with that. I will take photos after the light comes on and post them along with an update on the grow.

Side news, I did end up ordering that rotating hydroponics garden that can hold up to 360 plants, I placed the order days ago and just received an email saying that it will take 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. That it gets delivered via truck and that they also build them to order and that's why it takes awhile to receive.

I am very excited that I ordered this, unfortunately I wont be checking on that system everyday but I will take pics of the grow from it from time to time, plus pics of it once it arrives, I say unfortunately because I wont have this at my house where my current personal grow is. Since I bought the machine to use for commercial purposes that's where its going, in the commercial grow building. The machine itself would take up about half of my second bedroom and with the tent and cloner box in that room, there just isn't any space. Now if this hydroponic system doesn't work they way I'm expecting it to I already have someone who will buy it from me if I want to get rid of it.

I need the system to produce 9lbs dry per run, if it cant do that then it is a wasted investment for me. But the hydro store owner is very happy that I ordered the machine since he has been looking at getting a machine like that, he says it would be the answer to all his space problems, and that he has grown with one before but it fell off a truck during moving and its not like these things have a warranty that covers things like that. So if it doesn't turn out like I hope it will, he will be the new proud owner of the system and I will keep the serch going for a easier system.

That's about it for now, thanks for following and I will post pics later tonight

Hehehehh... dream job!

Anywayy... Fvcking epic how you are going to feed those plants 2000 ppm. They look much better than all your last grows. I know nothing about tweaking the nutes so far because I have no PPM meter again. Less is more!

Vlad

Hehehehh... dream job!

Anywayy... Fvcking epic how you are going to feed those plants 2000 ppm. They look much better than all your last grows. I know nothing about tweaking the nutes so far because I have no PPM meter again. Less is more!

Vlad

That was kinda what I said on the nutes but he says he wants to test em see how much they can handle ;)
We'll er or he will find out ...my mystery crap strain was getting burned at 1200 ppm lol. that is why goal is 800 knowing it will hit 1k with transpiration.

Good luck Sci and I don't mean that as an ass..... I know some strains CAN take it and you know your plants ;)

:peace:

FE

none taken, I have good genetics and I know my strain, it has been handling it perfectly, I also have been running CO2 which makes all the difference allowing me to feed them so high without worry of nute burn, since the CO2 helps them eat everything up. So yeah my ppms will seem high, but I have my system pretty well dialed in now, that's why this grow is so exciting, since it should be my best yielding yet on hydro and LED lights.

Incase I haven't mentioned it, this personal grow of mine is a experiment, I am putting different cheap no name brands LED light panels bought off amazon, I did do my research on the lights before buying them making sure each panel had met a specific PAR requirement. This grow was to see what can be done and what can be achieved for less than $800 in total investment including the tent the lights the buckets, the whole thing, except electric costs of course, and to see if the yield is equal to HPS.

So far things are looking good, I will update more in a couple hours with pics.

Experiment to end or experiment looking for best results? I'd suggest finish last few weeks3-4 under hps...,

The experiment is to solely use led lights and hydro. I have an has setup for commercial. So I'm comparing this grow to an equal size hps grow that I have started growing at the same time as these. I'm looking to see if it's worth the investment in the end. If led is worth switching my commercial grow to solely led lights

Back
Top Bottom