Moony's Moon Shot! Journal Sponsored By Herbies Seeds!

I'm also planning on cutting about a foot of ducting x2 then when into late flower I can put into the 2 side vents and allow good air flow without having any light in or out. Planning on a upside down U shape so will suck air in but stop that light escape. Tent has a inside and outside sleeve with pulls Tring for ducting too on all the openings for ducting. So I can close one off or whatever if needed. I might do a video when I get my new phone showing and explaining :)

Never mind then! Unless you keep any flaps open at night. I bet you could read by that thing in pitch blackness.
Never underestimate how shitty my phone is at pictures. It's bright but not as bright as seems in pic hehe.

I'm in mate you using heater in there atm or not that's another thing the little orange light on switch can do damage in flower to
I'm only using a heater for the first week or 2. Once they get a bit bigger I'll be able to just keep heating up in the house. Once I'm in flower I'll have 2 tents with a 600 watt HPS running 12 hours to cover 24 hours. So room temp will be fine then. If I get enough plants I'll probably do the Led grow in front room in a 1.2metre square 2 metre tall tent (can easy grow 3 in 1.2 metre square under TSL2000 and a TS1000. The HPS tents will have 4 plants each under the 600 watt, which I'm planning on running +10% for most of flower.
I want to use the LEDs from early to mid veg as the high amount of blue/white light is better for veg than the duel spectrum HPS which excels at flower better. Only difficulty is managing temps because of the lack of heat LEDs bring. Usually its a bonus for indoor growing but on lowest setting they just don't generate much heat lol.

Quick update. Temperature stayed between 22.2 and 24. 3 degrees all night. Humidity 90-95% a touch high. Took top of propagator for 2 mins with fan on low moving air. Temp now 22.6 and humidity back to 85% - perfect :)

Decided to turn the light off completely for next 24 hours. Seeds don't need or want light and can't imagine I'll see anything for at least next 12 hours, even if I'm lucky, so I'm going to keep checking humidity/temps and keep light off for now. Will update at end of today. Would be awesome to see something green by then :)

Quick update. Temperature stayed between 22.2 and 24. 3 degrees all night. Humidity 90-95% a touch high. Took top of propagator for 2 mins with fan on low moving air. Temp now 22.6 and humidity back to 85% - perfect :)

Decided to turn the light off completely for next 24 hours. Seeds don't need or want light and can't imagine I'll see anything for at least next 12 hours, even if I'm lucky, so I'm going to keep checking humidity/temps and keep light off for now. Will update at end of today. Would be awesome to see something green by then :)
You don't want to give them any light to come to the surface to Moon?

Eventually. But for first 24 hours from when they activate they concentrate on roots. I don't want them coming up before they have established a nice white tongue hehe. I turned light off at 1pm today. Will switch on at midnight. Will help give them some time to develop those roots. Also even on low the Mars is bright. It may not have much use able light on lowest but it could be light enough to penatrate the half a cm soil depth slightly. And if seeds have any light at all to start they won't grow

Eventually. But for first 24 hours from when they activate they concentrate on roots. I don't want them coming up before they have established a nice white tongue hehe. I turned light off at 1pm today. Will switch on at midnight. Will help give them some time to develop those roots. Also even on low the Mars is bright. It may not have much use able light on lowest but it could be light enough to penatrate the half a cm soil depth slightly. And if seeds have any light at all to start they won't grow
See this must be a rebel thing. As soon as they are germed they go under blue spectrum for me...I want the roots to go down and her stalk to come up to the light. But you like hanging racks and I like mesh racks so to each his own in this trade!!! Whatever works for you Moony, I am supportive and rooting for ya

See this must be a rebel thing. As soon as they are germed they go under blue spectrum for me...I want the roots to go down and her stalk to come up to the light. But you like hanging racks and I like mesh racks so to each his own in this trade!!! Whatever works for you Moony, I am supportive and rooting for ya
I didn't germ before planting though so I dunno if light would help me at this point? Now you got me paranoid I'm doing it wrong.
Let's ask an expert hehe. @InTheShed @West Hippie one of you legends help please!!!! Should I have light on or off?!? Hehe

I didn't germ before planting though so I dunno if light would help me at this point? Now you got me paranoid I'm doing it wrong.
Let's ask an expert hehe. @InTheShed @West Hippie one of you legends help please!!!! Should I have light on or off?!? Hehe
Sorry, I'm not them but I saw this. It makes zero difference. It will come up regardless. I keep mine in the light cuz I believe the little seedling can "see" the light it's striving for if you leave it on. The dirt is brighter above it than below it and I believe the seedling knows it. But it will come up either way. If either of these much more experienced guys says anything different I'll be shocked. But I'll learn something.

Thank you Jon. Sorry I hope I didn't offend you by not asking you too.
I appreciate that. Going to switch the light back on now :)

BTW you will regret being so helpful. Going to hassle you as much as Shed and Hippie now hahahah

Oh....you didn't sperm em out yet...no paper towels? I thought we bought those and plates. Were you scared of your big hands

Back
Top Bottom