Mota's First Indoor Grow - White Widow, Northen Lights & Big Blue

Thank you burn_it! The light setup is great for first time growers on a budget, the whole thing costs about 35$ and I think I am getting a decent amount of lumens out of it. I can't wait for the HPS to be installed, then things will really start to get interesting.

Smoking Moose, I tried searching here and there for the supercrop method you explained to me a couple days ago. I didn't find anything of the boards, maybe I was not searching the right terms. Would you be so kind to redirect me to where I can learn more about this? I understand what you wrote, I just maybe need to read more about it before I start to mess around with them, the last thing I want to do it break the stem.. Hahaha Also, according to my plants right now, when would the supercropping occur?

Yes, the more I think about it, the more super cropping sounds awesome. I will definitly be doing this.

Now about those nutrients... I have read to many bad review on Miracle Grow products that cause numerous nute burns.. My buddy used some this past summer on his clones and he ended up burning 2 and the other 4's growth was affected. Although they still went into the 12/12 cycle, they never grew more then 18". When we cropped them, we found that the stems were halo, it looked very wierd. We figured it was because of the too high dosage of nutes in the begining.

The 5th set of leaves, or 6th, I forget, is starting to show. I plan on heading to the local head/hydro shop tomorrow afternoon and see what nutes I can pick up. I think I might transplant them in next couple of days and only start the nutes next week once they get used to their bigger pots. But I am not sure just yet, I will talk to the salesperson at the shop tomorrow and get his input, he's a cool fellow.

I want a good nutrient for my plants, maybe even go organic. Also, I will see if they have seaweed tea, Moose has convinced me into getting at least that stuff for my little plants!

lets hear more about that seaweed stuff. I saw some at my local garden store but didn't get it. Should I grab it since they have it?

I went to the hydroshop this afternoon.
Here is what I got:

day19a.JPG

From left to right

CANNA TERRA VEGA is a complete professional nutrient for fast growing plants during the growing phase, specially developed for growing in pots and soil. Terra Vega ensures a strong plant with large vital shoots. Terra Vega has been developed to meet the plant’s requirements during the growing phase. Complete absorption of water and feeding from the start of cultivation is also guaranteed because Terra Vega is rich in nitrogen compounds that can be absorbed directly, high value EDDHA iron chelates and trace elements.

CANNAZYM is a high-quality enzyme product. It consists of more than 12 different kinds of enzymes to which vitamins and extracts of desert plants are added. CANNAZYM speeds up the process of breaking down dead root material and activates the micro-organisms. In addition to this, CANNAZYM facilitates the improved absorption of nutrients and increases the resistance against pathogenic organisms.

BIO FLORAL Seaweeds liquid extract is a concentrated of ascophyllum nodosum seaweeds harvested from nordic cold water. It contains a wide range of micronutrients, growth promoting substances and soil conditioners. Use as foliar spray and in irrigation systems.

Seaweeds give many elements that stimulate plants appetite and soil quality:
- no or soil deficiencies thanks to micronutrients
- better capacity of water retention and soil fertilizers
- better plants growth thanks to natural hormones
- increases resistance to disease and pest organisms
- promotes fruits maturity
- increases fruits and vegetables taste and natural sugar

CANNA RHIZOTONIC is a powerful, algae based, vegetative stimulator for roots of fast-growing plants that already have roots or root initials. RHIZOTONIC stimulates further root development, increases the plant’s resistance to disease and promotes its inner and outer strength.
RHIZOTONIC is 100% natural, and contains multiple vitamins.

RHIZOTONIC influences the root environment and is the ideal supplement for the crop environment created by the grower. RHIZOTONIC has a calming effect on plants, and is ideally suited for use when shipping or re-potting plants. RHIZOTONIC will also improve plants that are unhealthy or poorly developed.

RHIZOTONIC adds more than 60 microbiological substances that considerably speeds up the growth of a balanced root environment. Various trace elements and vitamins such as B1&B2 have been added to RHIZOTONIC in to stimulate the plant production of hormones and root growth, thus providing better and stronger roots.

I picked up the syringes at the local drugstore. Why pay 3$ for a syringe when you can get one at the pharmacy for a quarter. Since I will be using 4 types of nutrients, I got 4 that I have identified for each product.

I decided to go with the Canna over Advanced Nutrients. I was told that both were good, but I followed the salesman advice and got this brand. I also recently read that Canna products were among the best out there. I got the basics for now and I will just have to go back and get the Terra Flores once I start the flowering phase.

I also got 4.5" pots. So I transplanted them this evening.

day19b.JPG

The roots are looks pretty good..!

I will let them rest tonight and tomorrow I will start giving them 4ml/l of Rhizotonic for 10 days. This should give the roots a nice little boost.

I will also spray them with 2ml/l of the Seaweed tonic for the first time and hit them up with a full strength dose of 2.5ml/l 5 days or a week later, depending how they look. The bottle days once a week, but Smokin Moose mentioned every 5 days... I will see.

I plan on switching the light sched to 20/4 from this point on too... And eventually go into 18/6 in about 2 weeks or so. What do you guys think?

Here they are in their new homes

day19c.JPG

day19d.JPG

You might think that those 2 middle CFL are close to the plants in the back, but they aren't. I have 2 lights ballast and only the front one has those big bulbs.

Yesterday I got a little spray bottle and sprayed them with water. Most of it evaporated quickly but I guess some drops stayed on the leaves and look what happened on one of the plants..! I am not that worried, but I did move the lights up a notch this evening. I had to anyways because their pots were now bigger.

day19e.JPG

I put a fan in the closet, but the stupid thing broke. How shitty is that. I will return it tomorrow and get an other one. I tend to leave the door open to get a nice circulation for the time being. I put a thermometer in the closet and its reading 84F, I will have to figure out a way to cool it.

I have been watering the plants pretty often, I'm talking once a day and close to twice. The soil dries up quickly.. Maybe I wasn't giving them enough water. Now that they are in their 4.5" pots (it holds a little less then half a gallon), how much water should I be giving them? Is there a rule of thumb for that? I'm guessing about a third of the volumes capacity, but I am not sure.

i would water only once every two days, wait for the soil to dry out throughout the whole pot, not just the top. You have to stick a finger in the soil to see how wet it is. 2 inches is a good judge, if its dry then you water. Keep an eye on those spots, I don't think evaporating water would do that. Be very sparing with your nutrients.

How often and at what concentration did you use the CANNA TERRA VEGA. I have plants a little older than yours that are still feeling the effects of too much nitrogen. Be very careful with those ferts, nute burn creeps up on you and then its too late.

No nutrients have been given. All they have been receiving is bottled water.

I plan on starting them with a low dose of Rhizo tomorrow to boost root grow into their new pots. I will give them this formula for 10 days. Then I will transplant them in 9" pots and 2 days later I will start with the Terra Vega and other nutrients. The quantities will be according to the Canna Terra chart.

Back
Top Bottom