Mota's Second Indoor Grow

harvest_day.JPG

Do you recall what kinda of light was used for that grow?

How many plants can I really fit under a 400w HPS? I have 3 larger ones and 4 smaller ones. I'm not sure if I should really keep all of them..

I believe he used a 250 watt metal halide or HPS. Not sure which. I'm almost positive(99%) it was a 250watter though. He used flowering clones as well. Not sure if your familiar with them or not. Greenmonster had written a tutorial probably 3 or so years ago about flowering clones and I had brought it here and it posted it but it seems to have disappeared in my absence. The clones seem to explode with branching more than normal clones taken in veg with training . Not sure why. He was also meticulous about training the clones to align the bud site to holes and keep a even canopy. The guy is a expert at it. I can get the branching with my scrogs but I can't seem to keep as even a canopy or yield for some reason. lol You'll see as you go. It's a great way to maximize a small light in a small enclosure IMO while getting the most from your plants in return.
As for plant count. In that container which is smaller than GM's, 7 plants is going to outgrow it pretty fast IMO. I think the light can handle the plant amount although I wouldn't grow more than 4 with it myself. I have grown 8 with a 400 HPS but it was with a light rail mover to help equalize out my light for all plants. That small box handles the heat from a 400 watter alright? Youm must have some pretty good ventilation? Either that or the container is bigger than it looks. What are it's deminsions, if you don't mind me asking?

Hey Billy...you don't have to tell me about the greenmonster. Him and I have known each other for several years although we lost contact for a while. I'm, proud to say he's one of my friends.

Thank you Racefan..! No, I am not familiar with flowering clones..
I plan on helping the branchs and buds align with the holes. Like I said, if it doesn't turn out like I expect it too, I just take the screen off and I'll grow them normaly, so no big deal ;)

Also, with my last plant stretching out and being close to 40'' tall, I am not sure if I'll keep that many plants..! What I could do is add my CFLs that I had in my veg room to the flowering closet and just add some more cfl here and there. I could maybe add my CFL fixtures to the walls so that the bottom part of the plants get a nice light exposure.. Also, CFL don't let out to much heat, so this is a nice advantage. The other idea would be for me to get an other HPS, maybe a 250, but then I'll be dealing with more heat, more ventilation and a higher electric bill.My electric bill is already up 10$ a month because of my HPS, I don't want to throw an other 10$ on there, so I think I'll go with CFLs..

Let me medicate and meditate on the situation ;)

Indeed, that is some pretty sick scrog-ing.
But, guys, please don't hack Mota's thread with other grower's pictures
Thanks!

No problem guys, I appreciate it Boss, thanks!
I wish my grow could turn out like that! WOW!

I think I figured out how I'll add my CFL to the flowering room..!

I'll hang my CFL fixtures just like I did in the veg room. They will be right over the 4 scroging batch.
And I'll get 2 more fixtures that I'll mount on the walls.
Now about those, am I better to mount them horizontally or vertically?

On the walls horizontal, hood those if you can. If not, you can 45 degree them by tieing a string to the cord and the lamphead, and tightening it. Or if you have big zip ties.

That way bulb reflects of the wall and you get 4 way top down light if you have 2 bulbs on a "Y".

Sorry, I am smoking some runt right now :)

Great journal you have going on Mota cant wait to see how your scrog turns out.

FLOWERING DAY 8

A couple things have happened in the last days.

I really didn't like the idea of scrog-ing 4 clones in 4.5" pots, so I took the screen off while it was still early and transplanted the 2 healthiest looking ones in 9" pots. (Still not sure that ws the best move..) I kept the other 3 with the individual screens in the scrog mode. We'll see how that goes!

In this picture you can see all the plants.

To the left you see a right thing, it's a hook. I had a couple around so I put them into the wall and set the CFL ballast on it at a 45 degree angle right over the plants.

In the back you see the 2 mother plants. I set the other CFL ballast from vegetation room up like I had it so that they get a decent light exposure from all around.

I am still not sure if I'll keep that 4.5" pot with the clone in it, for the time I'll let her be.
day9_00.jpg

You can see the pistils starting already
day9_003.jpg

This a bottom bud of the mother plant to the left in the 1st picture. She has been autoflowering for a while now, her buds are nice and fluffy. I'm sure that with the PK 13/14 and the Liquid Bud she'll grow nice thick dense nugs.
day9_005.jpg

Here is some scrog progress
day9_002.jpg

Inside the scrog - Very bushy
day9_004.jpg

Today I started phase 2 of the flowering cycle.. Which simply means I give them a couple more nutes. (PK 13/14 and Liquid Bud).

So here is a quick run down on the nutes (per liter)
5ml Terra Flores
0.5ml Rhizotonic
2.5ml Cannazym
1.5ml PK 13/14
3ml Liquid Bud

I got a nice little gadget, a thermometer that indicates the highest and lowers temps and humidity factor.. Pretty sweet. I didn't have a humidity issue before with one plant, but with, 7 in there, I don't want to have a problem so I put an other fan in and I'm hitting about 45%, which is good. Temps are about 76-78F. At night, I recorded as low as 69. But usually I get 71. So I think I'm ok.

I'm leaving for a couple days (yet again!), so my trusty buddy will take care of the babies for me. Next pictures won't be for a while, sorry..! But as soon as I get back I'll update the journal with photos! I cannot wait to see the progress! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Comments are always appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom