Attack Of The Sour Diesel Clones

The pvc legs didn't work... need to figure out a way to stabilize them. Instead I hung the scrog frame with the same twine I used for the net. (I work in accounting but cannot math.... I bought 3 rolls and used less than 1)
It seems a little unstable but I think that's because it's hung and I was envisioning a stable standing net. I have some work to do to get to that point. Next time.

I know I need to defoil beneath the net but there's soooooo much I hardly know where to start or how much to do at once. I'll just do a little each day and see how it goes I guess.

Looking good man i ran in to similar problems setting my scrog up.(im currently using my first scrog net) In the end i made extremely ghetto legs for my bamboo frame outta scrap wood like you said next time ill be more prepared.
As far as your defol i was told 20%. As in you can take off up to 20 percent of the foliage/small latteral branches off at one time but never more than that. I also try to use that ratio from branch to branch as well but i could definatly be accused of going too far but as long as its done before you flip they should bounce back quick and with a vengeance.

I'm with SofaKing on the defol. Maybe even less than 20% at a time to be on the safe side, then give a couple of days off. But if you take a look at Rooster's scrogs, when he defoliates he really cleans out the underbrush by the time he's done.

If the scrog legs were too wobbly then they probably need to be connected along the bottom as well. More PVC! Don't glue it together and you can break the whole thing down when you're done though.

I'm with SofaKing on the defol. Maybe even less than 20% at a time to be on the safe side, then give a couple of days off. But if you take a look at Rooster's scrogs, when he defoliates he really cleans out the underbrush by the time he's done.

bb060af380a63a8de6bfb8b48a7378d5.jpg

If the scrog legs were too wobbly then they probably need to be connected along the bottom as well. More PVC! Don't glue it together and you can break the whole thing down when you're done though.

I'll keep the 20% in mind as I pluck. I have been known to go to far too so it'll be a good balance challenge for me .

I was about to break out the duct tape and use as much as necessary to create stability then hubby suggested we consider a method that allows for easy storage. Since space is limited in our home, disassembling is a must . I think a frame for the bottom will work. Thanks!

I did a bit of defoiling today, probably not enough but I'm hesitant to get carried away with it. I'm a great procrastinator so the scrog was installed a couple days after the flip to flower. I don't know if that's the right way to do it but I can tell I should have defoiled along the way or at least before now. They are so bushy!!

I wish I had someone to give clones to, these gals have plenty of viable possibilities. Maybe I'll do one more but I have seeds I'm itching to drop.

I'm amazed how much they grow in just one full day! I'm really getting a feel for how to manipulate the tips into the net. The tall ones pulled to the sides lets the smaller ones come up through the center

Sounds like it's gonna be a beautiful scrog when it fills in! And keeping the undercarriage thinned out will increase the airflow and help with humidity coming off the pots.

Just stopping by to make sure your okay with the earthquake and tsunami warnings up there. Let us know when you get a chance!
:Namaste:
The quake was far enough away that I didn't feel it. In southeast Alaska we are sheltered by many islands. I don't know if there's ever been a quake-caused Tsunami in SE Alaska. Anytime we've had warnings, it's not been followed by any notable event. Not to say it can't happen, but far less likely than open coastal areas. The islands facing the gulf probably get slammed a bit, but there are fewer communities in those areas. Sitka would be one that could be affected. (I'm not in Sitka)
Thanks for checking on me .

These gals are monsters!! The growth has exploded . It's so much fun to see the screen filling up. There are so many premium bud sites and the stem structure is wild! So many auxiliary stems..... so many opportunities for cloning but no more space for it. I wish there was a way to share .

Scrog update.

I started out barley knowing what I'm doing but am getting a feel for it as I go. Hands on and doing are how I learn best.

I feel like a sculptor, manipulating where the branches need to go for max benefit... pull this one over there so that one can come up through here; another is getting tall, so tuck it over this way. .. The net is filling in beautifully ..

Did some more defoiling but can hardly tell. Pistils are shooting up everywhere!! .

Back
Top Bottom