Mr. 9-Milly Attempts Autos Again

Howdy y'all!
Come one, come all! Everyone is welcome here and definitely encouraged to ask questions and share opinions!
:welcome:

It's an exciting time around the Milly home! The winter girls are almost finished, so we're gonna squeeze in a group of autos before the summer drop.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I was blessed with a few auto beans from my homeboy @Bilbobudkin420 , and I still had a few beans laying around. Finally decided on 4 strains.

I will be attempting the Super Lemon Haze auto from Green House Seed co. Lemon strains seem to be my nemesis; I'm dropping 2 of them this time.

I'll also be running 2 BlackBerry Kush auto and 1 Grapefruit auto from Fast Buds.

Strain #4 will be 1- Dreamberry auto from Auto Seeds.

6 total plants... as long as we get 100% germination. Fingers crossed...
:adore::adore::adore:

I start my seedlings the same way, almost every time. LoL It works well for me, so I stick with it.

Beans get a soak for about 24 hours in regular tap water. I can tell when they are ready to move into the paper towel when, they sink on their own, or sink when touched. Most times they are floating, I give them a little tap, and they sink like a rock.
:thumb:

After the water bath, I move them into a wet paper towel, inside a baggy. They will sit on a dark shelf in my closet until they show tap roots.

Now... most growers will start their autos in the final pot... I've done this many, many times. I've just found it a little bit safer to start in the cup with a mild starting mix before up-potting to straight coco. It affords me a buffer zone so I don't fry my babies in the coco mix, if I charged it a little hot.... If I were in soil, they would start in the 3 gal pots right away.

Here's the mix I will be using on this group.

I've also adopted these cups... they release from the soil, flawlessly. Makes for an easy transplant, that's why I don't worry much about "up-canning" an auto.

Once I'm comfortable with their size, I'll move them into 3 gal fabric pots to finish out their days.

This grow will be straight coco again. I'll charge the medium with 1/4 strength nutes and treat the transplant area with mycos before moving the babies into the bigger pots.

Since this is a brand new journal, I'm sure I forgot a bunch of pertinent info... I'll update as I figure out what's missing.

Stay lifted homies! Hope we get a good group to hang out for this journey...

:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

-P
Why do you choose 3 gal pots? Just curious because the recommendations I’ve gotten recently have been more in the 5 gal+ range.

Why do you choose 3 gal pots? Just curious because the recommendations I’ve gotten recently have been more in the 5 gal+ range.
I'm trying to keep this group a more "manageable" size. I've done them in 5 gal & 7 gal, got a few good sized plants too, but they have never even come close to being rootbound.

I'm hoping these 3's will be exactly what I'm looking for

I'm trying to keep this group a more "manageable" size. I've done them in 5 gal & 7 gal, got a few good sized plants too, but they have never even come close to being rootbound.

I'm hoping these 3's will be exactly what I'm looking for
Im pretty sure the root pruning action and capability of fabric pots allows for far greater root expansion. Just the fact that roots become fibrous rather than long and thick will create far more efficient roots in a much smaller space

I love seeing all the different people in this thread! Too cool!
:passitleft:
Pretty sure I've been following & chatting with the same 5-10 people for years. Still love all the regulars, but I'm excited to see what some new faces will bring.

:high-five:
Teamwork makes the dream work!
-P:ganjamon:

I've done them in 5 gal & 7 gal, got a few good sized plants too, but they have never even come close to being root bound....I'm hoping these 3's will be exactly what I'm looking for
3's never worked for me with soil and autos...smaller plants and they got rootbound...tried 10's and there was no appreciable difference, so now I stick with 7's (for soil)

New meds, I almost forgot. I have my auto in a 3 gallon fabric and it’s doing great. I’m using ffof,not coco
Nice!
Feel free to share pics!
I'm starting to think 3-5 gal is the sweet spot for autos. I just hope to get a good solid group of bushes on this run.

Time will tell... if I notice a certain strain vegging longer than expected, I may up-pot it to a 5 before the flowering starts, but I'm not expecting that with this group.

I'm guessing we will see pistils around day 24-30 on all 6.

Now we wait... lol

I'm starting to think 3-5 gal is the sweet spot for autos.
In my soil, 3/5's didn't hold enough nutrients and the plants looked hungry at the end of the grow...using water only...ended up having to add FF Bloom and/or Fish Fert.

In my soil, 3/5's didn't hold enough nutrients and the plants looked hungry at the end of the grow...using water only...ended up having to add FF Bloom and/or Fish Fert.
Yeah, I'm really starting to enjoy coco. I've grown a bunch of autos in soil and had some great harvests. Once I got a taste of that cocaine..... :hmmmm: I mean coco... I haven't looked back.

But..... I'm either watering or feeding every day. I don't mind it, but I know it's not for everyone. LoL

But..... I'm either watering or feeding every day. I don't mind it, but I know it's not for everyone. LoL
I haven't checked in on my ladies since Saturday noon...a nice benefit of enough soil to hold the moisture/nutrients needed...:cool:

I haven't checked in on my ladies since Saturday noon...a nice benefit of enough soil to hold the moisture/nutrients needed...:cool:
Hell yes!
I think I was on weekly waterings with some of my bigger soil pots. LoL

I think I was on weekly waterings with some of my bigger soil pots.
Not sure if I can push them that far :)....this winter I have a 4x4 in our guest rental (which is vacant from Dec-May, except for family and friends) so it is close but not at my house. Nice thing about autos is that I can keep it perpetual in the same tent at 18/6 and just make sure they get enough water every few days. Added bonus is that you can really see new growth much easier with those intervals...

Not sure if I can push them that far :)....this winter I have a 4x4 in our guest rental (which is vacant from Dec-May, except for family and friends) so it is close but not at my house. Nice thing about autos is that I can keep it perpetual in the same tent at 18/6 and just make sure they get enough water every few days. Added bonus is that you can really see new growth much easier with those intervals...
I've been following the "vacay house grow" over in your journal. Let's just say... if I'm ever headed that way on vacation, I'd be trying to rent that place.

Talk about ambiance!

Back
Top Bottom