Mrniceguy's 1ST Grow 10 Plant WW PPP Bubblicious Kandy Kush X Skunk

Re: MRNICEGUYS 1ST GROW 10 PLANT WW PPP Bubblicious KANDY KUSH X SKUNK GO BIG OR GO H

Ok I am having a few concerns.

1st my charcoal filter from HTG doesnt seem to be working very well. I am venting into the upstairs of my house and the upstairs smells like a really strong plant smell. I can also smell dirt when I water. I checked and everything is sealed, I even used small pieces of duct tape to seal the cracks all the way around the hood.

2nd - I am having to make a decision between 2 plants because I only want to keep 9 and not 10. They are the only 2 nute burned ones I have and for now I am letting them fight it out to see whos going to look the best at the end of the week.
Bubbleiscious is on the left and White Widow is on the right
000_06432.JPG

3rd here is a pic of 2 leaf problems I am having PH is good on all of them at around 6-6.5
000_0642.JPG

Possibly from too much light (I moved the light up several times this week its now at 16"
000_06412.JPG

BUT FINALLY THE GOOD NEWS SINCE I AM BEING A BUZZKILL TODAY
I FINISHED LSTing ALL OF THEM EXCEPT 1
000_0640.JPG

000_06392.JPG

I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL HELP

Re: MRNICEGUYS 1ST GROW 10 PLANT WW PPP Bubblicious KANDY KUSH X SKUNK GO BIG OR GO H

If you have to sacrafice a plant I would reccommend a Bubblicious. I am not impressed with how mine turned out. Wouldn't your filter function better on the exhaust side rather than intake?

If you have to sacrafice a plant I would reccommend a Bubblicious. I am not impressed with how mine turned out. Wouldn't your filter function better on the exhaust side rather than intake?

Sorry to sound like a total noob but I'm not sure I follow you. Are you referring to the exhaust side of the fan or putting it on the exhaust side of the hood.
Thanks a lot

Wouldn't your filter function better on the exhaust side rather than intake?

Would it make a difference in the quality of air that is passing through the filter? Either way it has to pass through the filter, right? And as far as I know fans work better pulling rather than pushing air. So I'm thinking that you would get more volume of air moved per hour by pulling through the filter rather than pushing.

MRNICEGUY do you know what the humidity is in the room. Too much moisture will deactivate the carbon and I've herd of high humidity levels doing the same.
I found this tutorial and I thought it was a good idea. Seems to help most people. I've also seen the same concept with out the fan. They just put an air pump with an air stone in the bucket. The only draw back I've seen is if you happen to be having a dangerously high humidity problem this is def not going to help.

Roseman's DIY Odor bucket

Oh and I would recommend keeping the white widow as well. Can't go wrong with a classic.

My humidity stays around 30-40% Depending on whether or not the humidifier feels like working, it randomly turns on and turns off and the only feature its supposed to have is on and off. I would actually like to have it higher but with the air exiting the room even with a nonstop working humidifier on it would only max out at 45% The smell isnt too much of an issue now but if I can smell something now before flowering I cant imagine what it would smell like then.

I have been favoring the white widow in terms of placement under the hood. The BUB is kinda the runt now. I tried to flush the white widow after the nute burn but it didnt seem to help much because new leaves are coming in with yellow tips and the older leaves dont seem to be recovering much. Its definitely stunted by my poor decision to give it the same nutes as the bigger ones. But it was always behind the others in terms of size since the beginning. I flushed it about 3 days ago, but I didnt want to overdo it so I think I didnt use enough water.

Thanks for the assistance

The hood is quite large compared to the ones my friends use. I cant think of anything negative about it. It probably fits a 1k watt system better than a 600w due to the fact it spreads the light around so much. I now have a second hood and 600w light ready to go if I feel its necessary.
The KK x S were free but they are impressing me everyday. I cant find them for sale anywhere so I dont have any info on them. But They are growing tall unlike my bubbleiscious which is mainly indica so I am guessing its more sativa than it is indica.

Here is a earlier pic of the vent setup
001275.JPG

The ducting on the left goes out the top of the tent into a unused heating vent into my upstairs in the house. The 2 openings on the hood that the duct attaches to can be positioned in different ways and I have both of them pointing up. I asked in a earlier question about how to get the power cord out of the hood and someone said cut a hole in the duct. But I noticed about a week ago there was a little hole on top of the hood for the cord to go through.

I still have mixed feelings about HTG
The prices are great, the products are working great so far, and out of 4 orders I placed with them 2 shipped almost immediately.
But I had to deal with the whole broken glass thing, they sent me a new hood with glass since the glass was out of stock and I havent sent it back because a UPS Store where I have to drop it off is an hour away and I dont think I should be responsible for driving 2 hours to ship it back to them. I still dont know if I will keep it or not (KARMA) but for the trouble the put me through I doubt I would feel to broken up over it. As far as the freebies go, they gave me a free pair of pruning scissors and a lighter which I already have several of each, so no real gain for me there.

Thanks for stopping by. I was starting to think I was talking to myself.......

I strapped some insulated ducting to my hood and i have the hood less than 12" above my ladies.. and they love it. No bleaching at all with a 1k. So at this point i do like the light spread. After reading up more, i guess that the design isnt perfect and it does waste some light, but to me, being able to keep the light lower than 12" is cool and im starting to feel that its helping way more than hurting.
HTG will get their act together hopefully lol. I have about 7 lighters and lil baggies too! i havent bought a lighter since i've started ordering from them lol.

Now on to your set up. Is the carbon filter on the right side & ur fan on the left side?.. cause it seems to me that ur set up is as follows

L->R
Fan-Ducting-Hood-Ducting-Carbon filter.. it would run most efficiently as

Ducting-Hood-Ducting-fan
Or
Hood-Ducting-Carbon filter-Fan

im still confused to how the fans and stuff are arranged so pardon me jumpin all over your ventilation lol otherwise ur doin well bro

Here is a pic that will show the ducting leaving top of the tent and going out the vent upstairs. The giant metal vent behind the ducting is part of the old house and has nothing to do with the grow.

006237.JPG

I had the light at about 12" for almost 2 weeks and the heat is nothing to worry about at all. My plants loved it until the past few days I raised it up to about 16" above the tall ones and about 18" above the shorter ones. If you look at some of my earlier pics form a day or so ago where there is a yellowish orange color spots showing up 5 out of 10. Its not really bad but just a few spots on each one, but my friend is convinced it is from too much light.

I really dont mind about you giving me your honest opinion. Your not going to hurt my feelings. Even if I were a very experienced grower i would still appreciate any and all honest opinions. Especially if I were doing something really dumb.

Hmmmm...

so basically you have it like this

Fan-Ducting-Hood-ducting-Carbon filter

I do think they're might be more efficient ways to arrange your ventilation. Im not critiquing(however u spell it lol), more jus tryna help.

Have you tried leaving the hood with both openings in stovetop positiion and just attach the carbon filter to the fan and cool the entire tent? Also the hood is a very good hood in terms of heat dissepation. You could also run some ducting in and out with a cheap ductbooster. The 6" ones move 171 cfm(although they advertise em as 250 lol) and would cool that hood quite easily. Then you could use your fan & carbon filter for the tent.
Honestly, i think you could pull of your grow with the way its set up, but maybe you could try a few different configurations to see which worked best for you while keeping your temps and humidity in ideal conditions, ya kno?
anyway lemme kno wat u think :smokin:

dro:reading420magazine:

If my light isnt aircooled it would increase the temp 10 deg but that may be lower with the increase in the amount of air being exhausted if I did it your way.
Have you used the Big Kahuna hood without aircooling it. I might take it down and give that a try to see how the conditions change and if it increases the noise of the air coming out of the vent upstairs. Its slightly less quiet than a window air conditioner but its noticeable as it is and I dont want to increase it much.
Right now I'm more concerned with the smell of the exhaust. I am convinced I either set it up wrong or its not working as it should.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hmmmmmm.. I can't say that I have. Honestly I have my hood in insulated ducting, inline with its own fan. I've turned the fan off, and the temp only went up a couple degrees, but I can attribute this to the insulated ducting to be honest. With a 1k watter I dont think you're gonna have the most efficent set up with only 1 fan. Which is why I mentioned the duct boosters which are like $25-$30 bucks at home depot. I almost guarentee that one of those will cool your hood in line and then you could use the fan and carbon filter for the tent. If you're strapped for cash dont worry, your ladies are relatively small so you wont have to worry about smell, humidity too much. But once the ladies get bigger, and before flowering I would try and reconfigure the ventilation scheme.
Don't get me wrong it isnt a horrible set up, and you should get by for the next couple days/weeks. But it isnt optimal, and may make a difference when you're ready to flower your ladies. Overall its still cool. Trust me i woulda probably configured it worse *smh* lol

Yo I didn't have time yet to read the whole thread but very nice set up can I ask how much? are a ball park? I plan to do it very big but i must wait...

hmm...

lol anyways I really like your set up I'll be along for the ride!

Yo I didn't have time yet to read the whole thread but very nice set up can I ask how much? are a ball park? I plan to do it very big but i must wait...

hmm...

lol anyways I really like your set up I'll be along for the ride!

Thanks for checkin in. I tried to keep it in budget and I bought a little more than what is absolutely necessary. Getting rid of the things I dont consider necessary I would say I spent $1500 total. With what I know now I could have probably cut the price down another hundred or two. I would recommend finding everything you will need to buy before actually buying anything and then figure out how much everything will cost so you can look at where you can make cuts.

Hmmmmmm.. I can't say that I have. Honestly I have my hood in insulated ducting, inline with its own fan. I've turned the fan off, and the temp only went up a couple degrees, but I can attribute this to the insulated ducting to be honest. With a 1k watter I dont think you're gonna have the most efficent set up with only fan. Which is why I mentioned the duct boosters which are like $25-$30 bucks at home depot. I almost guarentee that one of those will cool your hood in line and then you could use the fan and carbon filter for the tent. If you're strapped for cash dont worry, your ladies are relatively small so you wont have to worry about smell, humidity too much. But once the ladies get bigger, and before flowering I would try and reconfigure the ventilation scheme.
Don't get me wrong it isnt a horrible set up, and you should get by for the next couple days/weeks. But it isnt optimal, and may make a difference when you're ready to flower your ladies. Overall its still cool. Trust me i woulda probably configured it worse *smh* lol

I will probably get down there in the next 24hrs and just set it up like that to see how that will work. I will let you know how it goes.
Do you have a current grow going, I am not sure how to find it if you do.
Thanks

I will probably get down there in the next 24hrs and just set it up like that to see how that will work. I will let you know how it goes.
Do you have a current grow going, I am not sure how to find it if you do.
Thanks

hahaha yea i do, but I dont have a journal for my current ladies. They're only bagseed anyway. I had a journal but had gotten really busy and my internet had got cut off, so I didnt maintain it. I recently turned my internet back on(hence why im all over the boards now), but kinda never bothered to start a new journal. My ladies are on day 33 of flower at the moment. Thanks for asking tho. I do have a botched journal around here, if you want to read it just lemme know. Nothing special tho. I should keep my journal considering how much im in everyone elses lol. Hmmmmmm.:nomo:

hahaha yea i do, but I dont have a journal for my current ladies. They're only bagseed anyway. I had a journal but had gotten really busy and my internet had got cut off, so I didnt maintain it. I recently turned my internet back on(hence why im all over the boards now), but kinda never bothered to start a new journal. My ladies are on day 33 of flower at the moment. Thanks for asking tho. I do have a botched journal around here, if you want to read it just lemme know. Nothing special tho. I should keep my journal considering how much im in everyone elses lol. Hmmmmmm.:nomo:

I bet they are looking pretty good. How many do you got growing now? I would definitely follow your journal if you plan to do one. Better late than never.

I've currently got 10 plants

4 huge plants of 1 particular bag seed variety(arizona). then i have two plants in a 30"x19" scrog of an unknown bag seed. I have two WW clones from a mother from a very shitty seed company. Its the third generation, and the first two never flowered even 40 days into flower. I'm holding out some hope that these two may flower. Then I have 1 more small bagseed plant, and I have an Himalayan gold plant that is very small but looks pretty. Its from the same shitty company as the WW (cannabisseeds.com). But the HG actually is doing well. I'm kinda sorry I didnt take better care of it. I didn't think it would amount to much :oops: Overall, they are looking ok. They are just starting to put on some weight. All 10 plants are in a 4x4 GL 120. I've got a 1k lumatek running a hortilux right now. I'm going to switch to a brand new sunmaster 1k for the last two weeks.
i've really jus been lazy to be honest. maybe 2morro i'll take some pics.. i feel bad now lol

most ppl would be embarrased to show their old journals, but I dont mind. I find it funny how much of a newb I was :rofl: here u can check it out :)

I've currently got 10 plants

4 huge plants of 1 particular bag seed variety(arizona). then i have two plants in a 30"x19" scrog of an unknown bag seed. I have two WW clones from a mother from a very shitty seed company. Its the third generation, and the first two never flowered even 40 days into flower. I'm holding out some hope that these two may flower. Then I have 1 more small bagseed plant, and I have an Himalayan gold plant that is very small but looks pretty. Its from the same shitty company as the WW (cannabisseeds.com). But the HG actually is doing well. I'm kinda sorry I didnt take better care of it. I didn't think it would amount to much :oops: Overall, they are looking ok. They are just starting to put on some weight. All 10 plants are in a 4x4 GL 120. I've got a 1k lumatek running a hortilux right now. I'm going to switch to a brand new sunmaster 1k for the last two weeks.
i've really jus been lazy to be honest. maybe 2morro i'll take some pics.. i feel bad now lol

most ppl would be embarrased to show their old journals, but I dont mind. I find it funny how much of a newb I was :rofl: here u can check it out :)

You have definitely stepped up your game from the "lasagna pans" you were using. :cheesygrinsmiley: No reason to be embarrassed at all. Thats called creativity. As good as they were looking a month ago they have to be looking pretty decent now.

Back
Top Bottom