Multi-Strain Grow With 1000W Ballast From JD-Lighting - Perpetual Part 3

Re: Multi-strain grow with 1000w ballast from JD-Lighting - Perpetual Pt.3

Ok time for a big photo update on everyone under the 1000w JD-Lighting Ballast. They have now been under the 1k for 3.5 days and are looking fantastic.

Delicious Seed's Critical Super Silver Haze day 14 flower
IMG_57742.JPG

Greenhouse Seed's Jack Herer day 56 and she will NOT be grown again, have 2 smaller clones in flower which will end her run. Just another knock-off genetics GHS again, was a freebie.
IMG_57751.JPG

TGA 3rd Dimension day 33, finishes in 48-50 days
IMG_5778.JPG

Female Seeds C99 (Cinderella 99) day 14
IMG_57841.JPG

GHS Jack Herer clones, these will end this strain
IMG_57862.JPG

Another TGA 3D day 12
IMG_57873.JPG

Reserve Privada Confidential Cheese (freebie) day 24, first and last run
IMG_57891.JPG

They are loving the new 1000w Ballast
IMG_57932.JPG

Nice setup! Just curious, what do you dislike about the Reserva Privada Confidential Cheese? Noticed that you said this is your first and last run of it.

plants look great, awesome set up!

What do you mean that jack herer is a knock off, are you saying that Green House Seeds isnt really selling you true genetics? if thats true then do ANY seed banks have TRUE genetics? or are they all just hybrids crossed over with other hybrids and theres no true 100% sativias or 100% indicas or REAL JACK HERER? im just a little confused not trying to start an argument

Nice setup! Just curious, what do you dislike about the Reserva Privada Confidential Cheese? Noticed that you said this is your first and last run of it.

I'm just not a big fan of Indicas, I prefer a sativa high and it was just a freebie and had the room :).

plants look great, awesome set up!

What do you mean that jack herer is a knock off, are you saying that Green House Seeds isnt really selling you true genetics? if thats true then do ANY seed banks have TRUE genetics? or are they all just hybrids crossed over with other hybrids and theres no true 100% sativias or 100% indicas or REAL JACK HERER? im just a little confused not trying to start an argument

I have had the real Jack Herer on 3 different occasions, twice in Cali with my buddy that does his own and once in BC, and have seen the real plant in bloom twice. GHS is NOT selling the true Jack Herer genetics, just "their version", not the original. It was a freebie so I didn't pay for it ;). This one is nothing like the Sensi Seed's Jack Herer. I'm always searching for Holy Grails and if they don't beat out what I already have then they are gone.

I would buy the Sensi Jack Herer but I just can't stomach paying $26 for a single regular seed, sorry I have to draw the line at some point. No disrespect meant to Sensi's but damn...

Female Seed's BubbleGummer has been added to the 1000w flower tent today at 29 days from seed. She showed her first hair yesterday and I took 4 clones from the bottom as normal. She is replacing the GHS Jack Herer.

IMG_58092.JPG

Bubblegummer front and center for now to adjust to the 1000w
IMG_58071.JPG

LED Mom and Veg tent, 4x c99's on the left, 4x CSSH right, 2x 3D in red cups
IMG_5818.JPG

C99, CSSH, and 3D clones for the next run
IMG_58221.JPG

A few seconds before the 1000w turned on
IMG_58291.JPG

1000w JD-Lighting ballast warming up
IMG_58341.JPG

All is well under the 1000w 'er, Temps haven't gone over 82 and everything is green :). I have 3 coming down next week and they will be replaced with 2x C99's and 1x Critical Super Silver Haze. Currently 8 in the 4x4 tent, soon to be 9, plans are to keep 9 going in flower. I figure 3 rows of 3 will work decently for now.

IMG_58493.JPG

IMG_58482.JPG

what kind of leds r u running and wat Wattage?

Everything's looking dank as funk!

I run a 180w Hydroponics Hut 7 band LED and a 120w generic 5 band LED from ebay. Both have worked great in veg, and decent in flower, now just veg with them in my 4x2x5. 90% of the time I run the 180w HH led with just the veg switch on.

you think the LEd's r better for vegging than running florescent?

IME, yes! I have used LED's for 2 years and love them for veg, they only add 2 degrees above ambeint to my veg tent. My old 250w MH adds 5 degrees and I have to run my 4" vortex with it, only have a little 4" $25 80cfm duct booster extracting air. LED tent just runs a 20/4 schedule. I did CFL's and T5 Flouro's but just wasn't happy with the slower growth.

IME, yes! I have used LED's for 2 years and love them for veg, they only add 2 degrees above ambeint to my veg tent. My old 250w MH adds 5 degrees and I have to run my 4" vortex with it, only have a little 4" $25 80cfm duct booster extracting air. LED tent just runs a 20/4 schedule. I did CFL's and T5 Flouro's but just wasn't happy with the slower growth.

Do you root under the leds? I get the best roots with T5s for some reason. I T5 till root then LED veg and hps flower like you.

I root my clones under a simple 23w cfl in a reflector then once they show roots they are moved to solo cups under the leds. I do have a single 2ft T5 I have used before but just as easy for the 23w

IMG_58601.JPG

So then what's the perlite for? Humidity?

Yes it holds humidity well.

Awesome grow so far. I'm subbed for sure!

I notice you seem pretty familiar with strains. Do you find GHS whole line to be of inferior quality or just the jack herer? I have a feminized indica h 5 pack and I'm wondering whether they are even worth my time?

You also seem familiar with TGA's gear, I have some Qrazy Train & Vortex on the way do you have any personal experience with these two strains? What TGA strain do you prefer best and why?

Sorry for all the questions, your grow looks great and I'm just trying to soak up as much info as I can.

Awesome grow so far. I'm subbed for sure!

I notice you seem pretty familiar with strains. Do you find GHS whole line to be of inferior quality or just the jack herer? I have a feminized indica h 5 pack and I'm wondering whether they are even worth my time?

You also seem familiar with TGA's gear, I have some Qrazy Train & Vortex on the way do you have any personal experience with these two strains? What TGA strain do you prefer best and why?

Sorry for all the questions, your grow looks great and I'm just trying to soak up as much info as I can.

I am only familiar with the strains I have grown or personally smoked.

GHS - I have grown their Jack Herer, Northern Lights, Great White Shark, and their White Widow. Only one out of the 4 strains that came out as they describe was the NL, the rest were not up to the cut and didn't have anything special to bring to my stable.

TGA- I have grown 3rd Dimension, Jack The Ripper, and Vortex. the JTR has been my favorite for the last 6 or so months, but all of TGA's gear is top notch. The JTR has the special THCV, not just THC, and it is a very head strong trippy smoke.

Feel free to ask any questions, if I don't have an answer someone else here will.

BC

Had to do my weekly hood cleaning so I snapped a couple of shots with the lights off. They are loving the JD-Lighting ballast and so am I!

IMG_58791.JPG

TGA 3rd Dimension day 38, will be done no later than 50 days
IMG_58811.JPG

Back
Top Bottom