Multi-Strain Grow With 1000W Ballast From JD-Lighting - Perpetual Part 3

Re: Multi-strain grow with 1000w ballast from JD-Lighting - Perpetual Pt.3

lookin great "batcave" that cola looks pretty tasty

Thanks! The 3D's tropical rotting citrus smell is very pungent and I love that her smell comes through in her flavor. Very easy to over medicate from the taste :)

Moms and clones are all doing well in their tent, all have been topped

IMG_59091.JPG

This is the first time in all my growing that I have not had at least a couple of lower leaves turn yellow in flower due to not enough light penetration, even with my 600w I would get a few. Not with this 1000w ballast. Everything in the tent is green all the way to the floor, not one yellow leaf in the whole tent! The 1000w stays 18" from the tops and all plants are 3ft or less, so easily 4ft+ penetration.

I would suggest that anyone looking for a 400w or 600w ballast just buy the 1000w and dim it down. If you are like me you will always be looking for bigger and better, just wish I had cut to the chase and popped for the 1000w dimmable. Initial cost with a 1000w with a decent bulb is a bit more, but if I add up all 3 of my previous ballast purchases with all the bulbs included... I now have a 250w ballast, 400w dimmable, a 600w dimmable, and a stack of bulbs all just sitting on the shelf.

C99
IMG_5904.JPG

Critical Super Silver Haze
IMG_58921.JPG

My girls are loving the extra light this 1000w puts off in my 4x4 tent. I am noticing a very decent difference in bud formation as well as tighter buds. My TGA 3D will be the first to finish under the 1000w JD-Lighting ballast and I can already say that her buds are more dense and thicker than they were under my 400w, 600w, and LED's.

3D day 42 and will easily finish by day 48, incredibly fast for a 70/30 Sativa dom plant. Already 5% amber with mostly cloudy. Will get 2oz+ of pure headstash from this girl. Her buds are hard and chunky. She has been under the JD-Lighting ballast for 14 days and I am loving the difference it is making.
IMG_59321.JPG

IMG_59331.JPG

IMG_59371.JPG

IMG_5938.JPG

Screw the 400's and 600's! Just joking, they are good lights just can't see myself going back to any of my other ballasts. Just buy one of these 1000w bad boys and dim it down if you need to. Cut to the chase, wish I would have

Chunky buds even on the lower parts
IMG_59431.JPG

IMG_5944.JPG

Looking really dank in there bro congrats!

What bulb did you end up going with?

IMG_57601.JPG

I looked at the plantmax's too, but took the mid-priced bulb

Have you guys heard of FloraSun? The sponsor Webhydro sells the 1000w for $76 and it's buy one get one free! I might be interested in the 600w for $66 if anyone has any feedback on them

Never heard of them. I also am one of those that feel you get what you pay for.

I feel ya on that one. I just thought maybe these kinds of things were all manufactured in the same plant in china and just shipped out under different names but I could be completely wrong.

The cheapest I see on their site is a "Powersun" bare bones 1000w Magnetic ballast kit you have to piece together, and his regular 1000w and 600w magnetic ballasts are $129. His 1000w digital dimmable is $287 while the JD-Lighting digital dimmable ballast is on sale for $199 shipped. Webhydros "powersun" digital ballast look just like the JD-Lighting ballast except theirs has a handle.

Damn how do you keep the tent at a cool enough temperature with only one fan tahts even pulling through a carbon filter??

Lots of airflow...1x 440cfm fan w/ 6" 850cfm filter, 2x 6" clip-on fans above the canopy and below the light, 1x 9" fan on the floor, and all flaps open for passive intake. Only a total of 8ft of ducting, 5ft inside the tent and 3 outside the tent to the attic. Ambient temp of the room the tent is in stays 77 to 79, max in the tent has been 83 degrees. It may not be the most efficient system but it works good for me. The hood is also on a light mover that just moves 12" to keep any hot spots in check. Is a 1000w on a lightmover in a 4x4 tent overkill? Yep! :) The buds are some of the best looking I have ever grown.

Tent woke up 2.5 hours ago

IMG_59621.JPG

Back
Top Bottom