Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

Munki, just got my wife's med card approved for 24 plants here in Colorado. State law says 6. so we'll go by that. Going to grow Satori by Mandala seeds.

I'm following this grow because it's a lot like my own. I have a tent too. I know I've promised you, but a journal is coming very soon.

Keep up the great work and thanks so much for your help. You really help people like me--newbies. Thanks again.

No Problem Caddie. Go by the strictest regs just to be safe. As you can see from my previous grow, 1/2 pound dry and trimmed from 2 plants so you will do fine for personal meds. I will watch your grow with great interest as I was going to go your route in the not to distant future.

For those of you interested, you can see more about the Satori strain at this thread. It shows lots of potential.

Mandala Seeds Satori Strain

You got my MOM vote and 5 stars for this thread... plus I've got to say I'm impressed! Okay, +reps for the trifecta.

Thanks man. Had to share this here too though it is in my wick cloner thread now. Check this out...

2009-11-04_03.jpg

Happy Day! Munki is back with a new grow!! I came in late to your previous journal then spet a few evenings reading it start to finish. Inspiring! Started my first grow a little over a week ago and am learning fast. I only have a 2x2 tent in a small closet so decided to use DWC hydro (and am having trouble getting it dialed in). I'll be watching your setup closely and plotting a way I might be able to switch from DWC to Ebb & Flow for my next grow.

Your .562 grams/watt metric has set the high bar for us all. I'm subscribed and looking forward to the show. :popcorn:

Happy Day! Munki is back with a new grow!! I came in late to your previous journal then spet a few evenings reading it start to finish. Inspiring! Started my first grow a little over a week ago and am learning fast. I only have a 2x2 tent in a small closet so decided to use DWC hydro (and am having trouble getting it dialed in). I'll be watching your setup closely and plotting a way I might be able to switch from DWC to Ebb & Flow for my next grow.

Your .562 grams/watt metric has set the high bar for us all. I'm subscribed and looking forward to the show. :popcorn:

Glad to have you on board usul. DWC has the allure of an easy setup but often leads many to failure as keeping a dissolved oxygen level up is paramount so that requires keeping the reservoir temp well controlled and low at around 68 degrees F. A proper chiller to support it costs like $300, so people improvise. In the end, it seems to messy and expensive with all the pumps and such. Don't have to worry about the res temp with ebb n flow. I was often at around 82 degrees F in the tank on the last grow. Good luck to you either way you go.

Wow that is a cool looking cutting. First time I've seen a leaf with roots on it. So do you think the new growth will poke out of where the center of the 5 leaves are connected?

It was just an experiment to see what would happen if I just took a leaf with its petiole, scrape with the razor on the tip, and give it some cloning gel. The wick cloner totally supports the water requirements and with the low lighting, I was able to show that rooting can be done with very little plant material. Don't know if it could or should be grown out. The actual cutting that was from the top of the quickest clone I took last time. It's roots are going to be big so I will dump out all the perlite to see the root system and photograph it of course.

See how fat the the bottom of the "stem" looks? That is just the leaf petiole that had swollen to around 4 times its former size. Pretty cool.

I would throw it in some dirt and give it a try, what do you have to lose. I would love to see what happens. Any great job on rooting a leaf. I have a hard time rooting viable clones and you can root a leaf. You are the master cloner. great job..

Yea I believe his cloning set up is working very well too. I am having excellent results with a variation of munkis cloning set up. Since august of this year, I have sucessfully taken about 20 cuttings and have only lost about 4 or 5 of them. Last reports, all of them are happily doing well. The batch I have in the oven now are doing great!

I would throw it in some dirt and give it a try, what do you have to lose. I would love to see what happens. Any great job on rooting a leaf. I have a hard time rooting viable clones and you can root a leaf. You are the master cloner. great job..

I gotta argee with sonzor on this one, try it out, see what happens. There are now tissue culture clone kits. So the question is: Is it viable? Yes in my opinion, but then again I've never seen someone use a leaf for a clone. GREAT JOB!! Then to top it off you did it in your wick cloner. DAMN!! Thats some skillz you got there.:goodjob:

i'm inclined to agree with the rootsofwis(dom) that it wont actively grow. . . but i am wondering how long will a leaf live 0n its own? indefinitely?

i think TC needs a specific part of the plant as well butch, i cant be sure on that without looking it up though.

Yeah it was only an experiment to see what happens but mainly to demonstrate the effectiveness of the wick cloner. Everyone is calling me the master cloner but really it was what I didn't do that was more important. I just left them alone and didn't mess with them. Low intensity lighting and tap water were all that was needed to root big cuttings and even single leaves. I'll try some clones with out rooting gel next time to see if I can further simplify the process. So for anyone just getting started and are having to buy all kinds of expensive stuff from the get go, there are things like this cloner that can be used instead of expensive cloning machines that still work well but will save some money.

Update on the Bubba grow. Reservoir change tonight. Put in full strength nutes which for me will be GH Flora Series; 7ml/gal micro, 14ml/gal bloom, 1ml/gal Floralicious plus. Plants appear to be at 3 inches above the grow rocks at this point. The plant on the left (#1) is definitely showing growth and has matched the height of plant #2. That plant hasn't shown vigorous growth yet but is still doing OK. The leaves on both plants are pretty pale. Hoping the stronger nutes will help them green up. Their roots should be developing well by now. On to the pics.

2009-11-06_01.jpg

Plant # 1
2009-11-06_02.jpg

2009-11-06_04.jpg

Plant # 2
2009-11-06_03.jpg

Looking good Munki - these first few weeks of the grow usually seem a bit anxious, and smart growers always pull out great results. I'm sure you'll get those girls to green up in no time. Must say, you do such a good job with your journals - it's like reading a novel.

Thanks for your thoughts regarding DWC vs. Ebb & Flow - I totally agree. Size restrictions limit me to a DWC setup and I'm realizing the theme of my grow is miniaturization. Not easy, not cheap, but I have plenty of time and money to invest. pH issues appear to be solved. I'm about to fire up the 250W Metal Halide and will be addressing temperature issues soon. Should be interesting (and expensive).

I'm sure the leafs will green up with the new growth. More then likely your friend cut down on the nitro prior to taking the cutting. This is done so that the cutting can concentrait on new root growth rather then putting its energy into new foiar. Thats why most growwers trim the fan leafs back when they take cuttings. Just a thought though.I know when I Take cuttings of my mothers I flush them prior taking the cuttings. And with your green thumb, its not a problem..+rep when I can again

Back
Top Bottom