Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

Found a 600 watt bulb at a reasonable price without having to order it on the internet. $52 out the door got me a Denkyu Lighting bulb. New company to me and not much of a presence out there yet, but apparently denkyu means lightbulb in japanese. It is made in Japan with Japanese components. Couldn't beat the price while still supporting my local shop and I have some comfort that I can quickly get a replacement for it if it is defective.

Measured Big Bertha just now; she is 5 inches tall.

Munki, you may have mentioned this in your first grow, but with the space in your tent, and your available light, why are you only growing two plants?

Is it because they get too crowded under the SCoG? I think I just answered my own question. I'll leave it posted to see if anyone else can gather some info from this question.

I LOVE reading your grows.

From what I had read, a single plant can fill up to a 2 x 4 screen by itself given enough time to fill out and if there is enough root space.

Thanks for your support caddie.

From what I had read, a single plant can fill up to a 2 x 4 screen by itself given enough time to fill out and if there is enough root space.

Thanks for your support caddie.

Aye, that's what i've read too.

I've also read that there is a "sweet spot" between number of plants and grow area. I've seen 2x4 scrogs that have 2 plants and produce almost 2 pounds w/ 10 days veg. The grower found that when he added a third, he actually lost yeild from light loss/crowding. that was under 400w though.

But like Wheelo says, you can veg them for a thousand years before flowering :p I think alot of people just like to start budding them as fast as possible. i'm not quite sure why though, I'd think you can get a better yeild from an older/stronger plant. It must be because thats how commercial growers do it so they can get product out as fast as possible.

yes, one plant can fill a lot of space if you are patient and give it time. I know a couple of growers who prefer to grow a low number of BIG plants rather than lots of small or medium. In states who distinguish between misdemeanor and felony cultivation by number of plants it can be the only way to go. Still fill a large area and get a HUGE harvest and keep the number of plants in the misdemeanor range.

one plant could fill plenty of square meters given the time, light, food, etc. it's just a question of how long do you want to wait for veg.

Just a note: The 600 watt with new bulb installed and running today. 400 watt is removed.

Big bertha's canopy is now about the diameter of the bucket it is in.

OK, we have completed two weeks of veg so far. Here is how the room looks today. Did a nutrient addback to the rez. Not much to add in this early stage as I only had to correct a 6.2 % nutrient loss so for my rez, I added 5 ml micro and 10 ml bloom with a splash of Floralicious plus.

2009-11-13_01.jpg

2009-11-13_02.jpg

2009-11-13_03.jpg

2009-11-13_04.jpg

2009-11-13_05.jpg

2009-11-13_06.jpg

Man, your big plant is really taking off. Do you think you'll keep the runt or go with a one-plant grow?

It looks like you're vegging under flourescents right now, yes? When do you plan to switch over to the HID? Looks like the way to go - I'd love to know how you decide when it's time to switch lights.

Nice score on the light. Big Bertha.....Haa Haa LMAO! that cracked me up. Reminded me of one of my girls named Josephine. I also have Bubkis and Betty. Is that a digital ballast?

Looking good, not that I expect anything less from you. Great job and congrats on the POM, BOM, MOM contest a three bagger well deserved. + rep

First off, thanks everyone for stopping by. I know how busy our lives can get and I appreciate you spending some of it with me.

Is that a digital ballast?
Nope. It is the SS-1 from Sunlight Supply. By the manufacturing date though (2003) it may be in its waning years and this model is no longer shown on the website. It has been redesigned somewhat. I imagine the hood is of the same age although it should have a long useful life still.

USUL: thats a U.V light..

Yep, it is a lamp used for UV B exposure. I am not presently using it. I will run it probably for one 3 hour burst during the middle of the photoperiod in middle to late flower.

Man, your big plant is really taking off. Do you think you'll keep the runt or go with a one-plant grow?
I should have another large cutting to replace the slow growing runt very soon. Hoping to get a second one in before I have to lay down the screen.

I've got the same light green dark green thing going on... who knows why some plants are so much more vigorous. 5 stars on the thread.

Loved the video!

Yeah, it is interesting how cuttings can have such a different reaction to the same environment change. The little one looked kind of shocked and developed purple spotting on a few leaf surfaces. I did a little digging into the grow rocks and saw there is rooting coming above the original grow cube so it is growing ... just slowly. Too slow to keep for a multi-plant ScrOG screen I'm afraid.

Thanks for the 5 star vote on the thread. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom