My Deep Water Culture, White Castle, SH, First Grow, 1 Blackjack Added

Hey Joe, what's your favorite vaporizer? I'm assuming by the name you're a fan :smokin:

I am a fan. All it took was a purchase of the Silver Surfer and I was hooked. I've tried a cheaper model, but I really didn't care for it. It had the digital temp, which was cool, but the bowl was really big and wasteful. The Da Buddaha Silver surfer has a good sized bowl, only takes about 2 minutes to be ready, and gets me really loaded. I vape at night, and that is great. I still smoke when I am away from home, and am happy with that. Smoking seems to be easier, the vaporizer takes a few minutes to get ready, setup, pack your bowl, put it in the heat chamber, and wait a minute before hitting. I like that I'm not having the smoke taste in my mouth though. That's a huge one for me!

Yeah, they tout that this is much better with a stronger motor and more consistant heating. It a little noisy (stronger motor I guess) but passable after a bag or so. I play around with it on the temp. Some strains like it about 20* hotter than some of my regular stuff.

I hear you on the impulse of a 5 year old. hahahaha I get yelled at by my ol' lady, she'd yell at me for sayin that!!! hahahaha

Here she is, a lot of leaf curl under. I can't believe it's the nutes being too high, but I am a newbie, so what do I really know. This is 38 days of flower

DSCF22801.jpg

DSCF2279.jpg

DSCF2278.jpg

DSCF2277.jpg

DSCF2276.jpg

So I got a lot of the plant in there for you all to see. The 'colas' are more like red bull cans or smaller. Prestty skinny still. I keep telling her to eat more and get fat, but I think she knows I am just like the witch from Hansel and Gretel. She's got me figured out, but I will kill her no matterr, so if she doesn't want to listen, I will really enjoy the torture that's coming!!! :grinjoint:

Looks fairly normal for this stage. Looks like it's sucking the leaves dry of stored N in an effort to support the new growth. Well that and some cal-mag defiency. I assume they are drinking?

What are you about 3 weeks out from cut? Those buds will pack it on over the last two weeks of the grow. You ain't seen nothing yet!

Looks fairly normal for this stage. Looks like it's sucking the leaves dry of stored N in an effort to support the new growth. Well that and some cal-mag defiency. I assume they are drinking?

What are you about 3 weeks out from cut? Those buds will pack it on over the last two weeks of the grow. You ain't seen nothing yet!

Cool!!! I will add a bit more cal-mag in today when I replenish the water. She is drinking quite well. 2/3 to 1 gallon a day.
I think 2-3 weeks is a good goal for when I'll cut her down. I was getting worried about the yellowing, but I'm gonna relax a bit about it. I'm really excited to see the growth that's coming:slide:

:bravo:

Those buds look incredibly frosty my friend!!!:grinjoint:

Thanks Mike, I'm lovin the way she smells and the way the buds look! She's really started to stick up the grow area over the past few days. I've added more ONA to combat the smell.

Thanks a bunch Roseman. I have my radio shack scope ready to go. I will start getting good looks in the next week or so. I will need to figure out how to take a picture through the scope... hmmm I wonder if that will come out... I'll try it on some of my bud I have for practice!:)

Alright, so most of my buds look like the one in the pic at the top of this page. Does that mean it will be ready any day? I thought I'd have another week, and want to run clean water for 5-7 days before harvest.

I'll get more info on trich's tonight. Whenh checking, do you cut small leafs from the main cola, or from a side cola??? What works best for you? It looks like my side one's have more pistil color changes, so just wondering what others do. Thanks!

Alright, so most of my buds look like the one in the pic at the top of this page. Does that mean it will be ready any day? I thought I'd have another week, and want to run clean water for 5-7 days before harvest.

I'll get more info on trich's tonight. Whenh checking, do you cut small leafs from the main cola, or from a side cola??? What works best for you? It looks like my side one's have more pistil color changes, so just wondering what others do. Thanks!

I would estimate another 4-7 days from the picture, but I would also take samples every other day. Usually you take a frosty leaf from the main colas, because they ripen faster. I take several samples from all over the plant, just to compare.

I think you need to check the trich color. Pistal death varies so much from plant to plant. I agree with The Answer on the site selection.

I take one small one every day when I suspect it is ripening. Have you decided at what stage of trich developement you want to cut? All clear is a head high at best and may be a litte underpowered. All cloudy is a mix of head and body and about 30% amber is where I cut. Some let them ripen further if they want more of a body hit but there is a point of diminishing return. I've never let one get that far but they say it's around 60%+ amber trichs. You start losing THC and the high feeling goes with it.

Trich's look as clear as they can be. Like pretty little long mushrooms. Long and skinny with nice balls at the top. My camera died, and I lent out my charger, so I have to wait to get it back to get some pictures. The buds look to be getting a bit bigger, hopen for some good growth! I will try to get pics soon, but I can't promise anything right now. I knew I shouldn't have loaned it out right now. I checked cutting from one of the main red bulls, and one of the side ones. I can't call them colas yet, they are too skinny! LOL

I'll check the trich's again on Friday since all looks well now. :peace:

Thanks for the help Answer and MC!

So far the Trich's look to be leaning toward the orangish brownish color, and not the redder color. I am fond of the red haired buds for one reason, a long time ago I used to get some bud my bud called Columbian Red Hair, and yeah, it had major red hairs. That was some killer stuff!!! I've never seen it again since my bud left, but man was that good times. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom