My First Grow, My Own Strain-Sledge Hammer & Hpno Buzz

Everything seems to be moving along nicely. A couple of comments, Its almost always recommended to grow indoor plants in individual containers for a variety of reasons; you never know what could happen that would put you at a disadvantage if the plants were grown in " group configurations", you may need to separate them because of disease or to shift them to positions that will give them better lighting, ect. When you transplant them there is a distinct possibility that root damage can occur to the seedlings adjacent to the one you're moving. As far as your soil it's a matter of choice, every soil is going to have it's own set of characteristics, and I always use the best soil I can afford, it will reward you in the long run, as you can eliminate a shitload of possible problems when you start to develop your troubleshooting skills. In my mind, I remember that that particular soil holds a little more moisture than I prefer, and I would add 25-30% perlite to it. As for your plan to sex your plants and then take them back out of flower....Ive done it, I lost at least a full month of grow time, a more attractive scenario is to take a cutting from each subject, once it's established (well rooted) put the cutting into flower, and cut the corresponding subject out of your grow if the cutting turns out to be contrary to the sex you wish to grow. Lights bro, you guys do amazing things with those lights! I'm using induction atm, learning this light, they are all a little different and with experience you will know the ins and outs of your lights...I promise. I applaud you for your efforts and the decision you've made to grow, you WILL GROW better weed than you can buy if you have the genetics to support your expectations. Good luck, I'm subbed up, relax and enjoy your plants!

Glad to see ya!!! I actually separated them at about 1 1/2 weeks old and as for the sexing idea, I have noticed a slower growth as you mentioned and am deciding to stop before it gets any worse. I think I might try your cutting technique... Perlite is my next investment:) and I also need mylar but cant find it at Wal-Mart! Where should I look for it?... Thanks for the luck and new pic updates coming tomorrow!!

I've seen reflective insulation at home improvement stores, flat white paint is pretty damn good, and I've used survival blankets, which are disposable per run. The flat white paint would be my choice, just my choice...that's all. The mylar you speak of is available at grow stores, that's the only place I've seen it. When I tried to scrub mylar, I had to wash it many times and could never get it like new, maybe just me, but every rinse left an opaque residue, if ya ever have to clean it try ro water.

I've seen reflective insulation at home improvement stores, flat white paint is pretty damn good, and I've used survival blankets, which are disposable per run. The flat white paint would be my choice, just my choice...that's all. The mylar you speak of is available at grow stores, that's the only place I've seen it. When I tried to scrub mylar, I had to wash it many times and could never get it like new, maybe just me, but every rinse left an opaque residue, if ya ever have to clean it try ro water.

What if I get the mylar sheets??? Do they work???

Hey man nice grow everything is looking good I also have a grow going on my own strain it's Called mile high kush u should check it out as I will be following this grow let the light shine

yeah flat white also helps prevent any ~HOTSPOTS~ that can occur if using something like a glossy white. ive also used silver sided building paper, not TOO expensive and has the added advantage of being a flame retardant aswell...

Hey man nice grow everything is looking good I also have a grow going on my own strain it's Called mile high kush u should check it out as I will be following this grow let the light shine

:welcome:Thanks for tuning in to my 1st grow!!!:thanks: I'll be following yours in return!! :) Mile High Kush sounds amazing!!! Cant wait to see the pics!!! I'll be posting my "1month mark" pics tomorrow!!! Tune in!!!:rollit::popcorn:

Well I got around to going to the store today after we got through talking about the reflection setups, and also I got an idea from a friend on here, and I bought a solar shield (the silver thing that u put in your windshield to block the sun). It looks great and its said to work as good as the other methods. I guess now I just have to wait and see!!! You'll be able to see when I post my update pics tomorrow!!!:ganjamon:

Well I got around to going to the store today after we got through talking about the reflection setups, and also I got an idea from a friend on here, and I bought a solar shield (the silver thing that u put in your windshield to block the sun). It looks great and its said to work as good as the other methods. I guess now I just have to wait and see!!! You'll be able to see when I post my update pics tomorrow!!!:ganjamon:

Alright bro, way to improvise, reflective and insulative properties!

Hello Again Everyone!!! As I Promised, here are the "1month Old" Update Pics!!! Let me know what u all think!! :) :) :)

My New & Improved Home-Made Grow Box and My Babies!!
1month_Old.jpg
1month_Old2.jpg
1month_Old3.jpg

These Are The 1 Month Old "SledgeHammer"!!
1month_Old_Sledge_Hammer_.jpg
1month_Old_SledgeHammer_3.jpg
1month_Old_SledgeHammer_2.jpg
1month_Old_SledgeHammer_4.jpg

These Are The 1 Month Old "HypnoBuzz" With CloseUps!!
1month_Old_HypnoBuzz_2.jpg
1month_Old_HypnoBuzz_2_CloseUp.jpg
1month_Old_HypnoBuzz_.jpg
1month_Old_HypnoBuzz_CloseUp.jpg
1month_Old_HypnoBuzz_3.jpg
1month_Old_HypnoBuzz_3_CloseUp.jpg

This Is The Beautiful 1 Month Old "SourBlueKush"!!:yummy:
1month_Old_SourBlueKush_.jpg
1month_Old_SourBlueKush_CloseUp.jpg
1month_Old_SourBlueKush_CloseUp2.jpg

Im a proud father!! :ganjamon:

Well, today I made a decision that would give most a heart attack from the thought alone!! 1st off... My grow space is limited and expanding it is out of the question so... With that being said, I had to let 4 plants go!!:straightface:... Then I came to the part where I had to decide who goes and who stays!!:hmmmm: Well, of course I kept the best looking (Healthiest) ones!! "What I Have Left"; 1 'SledgeHammer', it was way ahead of the other 'SledgeHammer' plants and is starting to grow its first set of 5 fingerd leaves!! 2 'HypnoBuzz', they are two of my 3 healthiest plants!! :) Last but certainly the best!! The 'SourBlueKush' I got by accident!! Its is the healthiest of them all and has a wonderful Smell!!! :yummy: I sent the others (1 SledgeHammer, 3HypnoBuzz) to live in my cousins grow room!! :) No I Didnt Kill Them!!! The big part about all this is none of them are flowering so idk the gender of any of them and I may have gotten rid of 1 or all of my females!!! If all else fails Ill just plant more or clone off of a mother (If I have one)... Well enough said, Here are some pics of my girls I have left after they where transplanted!!!
1month_Old_Transplant2_1SBK_1SH_2HB_.jpg
1month_Old_Transplant3_1SBK_1SH_2HB_.jpg
1month_Old_Transplant4_1SBK_1SH_2HB_.jpg
1month_Old_Transplant_1SBK_1SH_2HB_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom