My First Grow, My Own Strain-Sledge Hammer & Hpno Buzz

That's what I will do then!!:) I don't want to brake it since its so young!!!

What you want to accomplish by any type of training ( in your scenario ) is to encourage an even canopy, artificial lights don't penetrate well. I invision a plate, or a shallow bowl, and my brakes and bends are all directed to that shape. I brake or bend the highest branches below the lowest branches, envisioning where everything is going to be when it recovers. You will have to manipulate your forms up to about two weeks into flower ( this time frame was agreed by the general consensus of some kick ass growers), I do it continually til then. I make my girls behave like ladies......and then they bloom! I am also enjoying tying them up so their alternating branches are exposed to direct light.:high-five:

What you want to accomplish by any type of training ( in your scenario ) is to encourage an even canopy, artificial lights don't penetrate well. I invision a plate, or a shallow bowl, and my brakes and bends are all directed to that shape. I brake or bend the highest branches below the lowest branches, envisioning where everything is going to be when it recovers. You will have to manipulate your forms up to about two weeks into flower ( this time frame was agreed by the general consensus of some kick ass growers), I do it continually til then. I make my girls behave like ladies......and then they bloom! I am also enjoying tying them up so their alternating branches are exposed to direct light.:high-five:

Thankx!!:thanks: This helps me out a bunch and gives me a good mental vision of what your are explaining!!!:) You described this method with such great detail!!:thumb::ganjamon:

8x8x8_00110.JPG

This is how I train respectful group of ladies

8x8x8_00110.JPG

This is how I train respectful group of ladies
Nice LF.

Luvsmokin. Its like a blank canvas you can manipulate her to do things they normally wont do in nature. Creating greater yields and allowing the light to be as efficient as possible. If your light source is two feet from one top and 4 for another The plant that is four feet away will have less dense, less resin, and weaker potency than the one that is two feet away . so the goal is to keep everything at the same height to better use the light. Im rambling on and on. sorry .

Nice LF.

Luvsmokin. Its like a blank canvas you can manipulate her to do things they normally wont do in nature. Creating greater yields and allowing the light to be as efficient as possible. If your light source is two feet from one top and 4 for another The plant that is four feet away will have less dense, less resin, and weaker potency than the one that is two feet away . so the goal is to keep everything at the same height to better use the light. Im rambling on and on. sorry .

No, please tell more!! I am learning a lot from you all!!! I am a very good learner may I add!!! LOL... So the closer you get the light without burning her the more dense, resiny, and potent she will be!?

I have the net set to be removed at any time ( ganja gods forbid) if needed.
As the buds start to fatten I will use pipe cleaners to hold to fencing, or some hemp twine .
I can keep my light 12" from canopy with 18" fan blowing up at the light.

So you keep it on them till harvest then!!?

OK!!! Its final!!:) I am going to attempt the LST method on one of my ladies!!! Here are pics.... I need responses A.S.A.P. incase I did this wrong!!!
First_Time_LST.jpg
First_Time_LST_CloseUp.jpg
Is this twisty tie ok to use for LST?? Here she is back home with her sisters!!!
First_Time_LST_In_Grow_Box.jpg

Also if you notice, on the far left is the young lady I topped!! She's recovering from the cut very well!!:) I cloned the topping too and she is looking great!! To see her, check the link in my sig. :) :ganjamon:

howdy dude!

plants are looking healthy! :cheesygrinsmiley: to me LST is in a way like scrog but without the net or wire :thumb: to a lesser degree than scrog of course but you can still control its growth and direction creating the potential for some damned cool looking bonsai trees! :cheesygrinsmiley: ive seen some pretty crazy looking setups online but love some of the ingenuity to shape the plants :Namaste: are you going to continue with LST for that one at the back?? you'll prolly need to lift it up as the others grow taller and bring it to the front for simple ease of access to train it in the future..

the main thing i keep in mind with any type of tying is simply leaving space for when the branch thickens and grows- so as not to strangle it, this can be avoided by using different types of ties and materials- for outdoors we used to use a type of hemp twine that would eventually disintegrate by which time the branch had already set into place.. was some pretty cool stuff, soft flexi-wire "s" hooks work fine and are fast to apply, which can be good when you're short on time.. you can make that stuff out of virtually ANYTHING :cheesygrinsmiley:

another point is ease of access and something that's quick and easy to apply! ESPECIALLY when you have a few plants to do! loL (unless of course one enjoys spending a bit of time chatting with the ladies :thumb: ) something that can be applied in one hit.. bit of a test tug and voila! done :p *chuckles*

gawd... I'M rambling now! loL ..my 2 cents worth anyways ;-p

wishing all the best! and really looking forward to see them BLOOM :cheesygrinsmiley: :goodjob:

I put the "sludge hammer" into 12-12 flowering 3 days ago and plan on putting it back into veg when it shows its gender. I read a post that said it would work!! I am nervous about it though!! Do you kn if this is true??

This definitely works. You can reveg plants unless they are autos. It does take time though, about a month, during which time growth won't be slow, it will essentially stop. This is not the best way to test for sex though. As was already pointed out, take a clone and let it root under 12/12.

I also need mylar but cant find it at Wal-Mart! Where should I look for it?

I second the recommendation for white paint. I prefer white plastic, but flat white paint is pretty hard to beat. I realize you already went with the heat shield. A fine choice as well. I'm just not a fan of shiny walls. :)

I've seen reflective insulation at home improvement stores, flat white paint is pretty damn good, and I've used survival blankets, which are disposable per run. The flat white paint would be my choice, just my choice...that's all. The mylar you speak of is available at grow stores, that's the only place I've seen it. When I tried to scrub mylar, I had to wash it many times and could never get it like new, maybe just me, but every rinse left an opaque residue, if ya ever have to clean it try ro water.

I totally agree with McL here. The emergency blankets are a great cheap source of mylar, but I also prefer the white paint, or white anything for that matter.

I now have the temp at a steady 78-79 and will not be adding CFLs but will be replacing the 2 200watt CFLs with 2 100watt CFLs for flowering!!

Don't reduce the amount of light at flowering. If anything, increase it! Those temps are fine. Bigger plants shouldn't cause the temps to rise, but we are heading into spring. Can you cool the room the grow cabinet is in?

No, please tell more!! I am learning a lot from you all!!! I am a very good learner may I add!!! LOL... So the closer you get the light without burning her the more dense, resiny, and potent she will be!?

Always put the light as close as the plants can tolerate. When they are young seedlings or clones, that may be 2-3' away, but once they are starting to grow well, put that light as close as it will go without burning them. With CFL's, that's pretty close.

One other thing. Do you have anything reflecting that light back down towards the plants. Putting the CFL on it's side is the way to go, as opposed to point them end down, to get the most light, but half the light is getting wasted heading up. You got your sides reflecting light back. Now what about the top? Obviously don't start a fire, so keep a close eye on it, but you can probably rest that heat shield material right on the CFL's without an issue.

Your plants look great. Your LST pics look fine. Now do the rest of them. :)

It IS psychologically tough to cull plants. If you really wanna see a tough one, check out my journal post from a couple days ago. I had to cull 9 LARGE male plants. I have a picture of them all hanging up. Last night I culled 22 male clones, from those male plants, as well. Sorry McLoadie :winkyface:

I thank you all for the help and comments!! Unfortunately, I am having problems with my computer so it may take a day or two for me to reply. None the less tho I will still be replying, so keep the help tips and Questions comming!!!

ok i only kinda zipped through here im not really a soil guy but i have to mention if anyone else hasnt avoid using the mg
itll cause some issues
try something like happy frog ocean forest
and as someone else already suggested use organing nutes sorry whoever mentioned that i was just skimming through
i guess im subbed so waiting to see her grow:thumb:

Thats ok hiker, you saved yourself a shitload of time and proceeded absolutely correctly.

hehe that was in reference to you wanting a male clone. I coulda given you 4 different strains! I now have a few destined as fathers, so if you're in a pinch and want to do some breeding, send a PM and we'll discuss. :winkyface:

I was disappointed that 6A, or "Bluey", turned out to be a male, but now he will get to knock up his sister 6B. :eyebrowsmile:
I actually have a couple extra male clones still as I'm waiting to see which potential father clone grows the fastest.

hehe that was in reference to you wanting a male clone. I coulda given you 4 different strains! I now have a few destined as fathers, so if you're in a pinch and want to do some breeding, send a PM and we'll discuss. :winkyface:

I was disappointed that 6A, or "Bluey", turned out to be a male, but now he will get to knock up his sister 6B. :eyebrowsmile:
I actually have a couple extra male clones still as I'm waiting to see which potential father clone grows the fastest.

Bro, IDK if you got my pm, my net is runnin soooo slow, 5 minutes for this to load! I will correspond, it just might take a minute..,LOL

Back
Top Bottom