My First Grow Trainwreck Big Bud Lemon Shunk

GracesGarden

This is day 30 of flowering, I am using a 400 HPS, AND 2 150 Watts in my cedar closet converted to bathroom and now my grow room. The room is about 5 x 10 x 5 with slanting ceiling. I am using my bathroom vent to vent into attic, no carbon filter and window outside in hallway with 2 sided fan blowing fresh air in, and directly towards long converted bedroom with window on west end. This room is about 30 ft long, the length of the roof line.

I started my grow on March 12, from seed purchased from Herbie's, germination felt like a lifetime I had no special lights, only cfl's, I built my own grow box with a fan taped to it and cfl's hanging from the top. Growth seemed so slow, but looking back, it was my impatience.

Anyway, just wanted to share, and thank you all for your great advice, I've learned everything I could from your wise advise, plus, I have no one else to share this great experience of growing my own meds so thanks for being here for me. I will update as much as possible. I have kept a written journal and pics, but this will be my 1st posting. Hey, I need help posting my pics.

Thanks Progreen, finally figured it out, with your help. So, I downloaded my pics from beginning to yesterday. I think it's going pretty good, except the heat in the Northeast has been brutal, today finally went down to 70 degrees, but will be back up in the 80's by wkend, I forgot to mention, I also have a trapdoor in bathroom that opens to kitchen, right above frig, I leave it open for passive intake, last night was the 1st time any smells were noticed in the room only, I'm hoping I won't need a carbon filter at all.
I've been doing all my setups on my own, and winging it as it grows, with your site's help. thank you. Check out the pics. P.S. I also have clones doing great and Vanilla Kush growing now, ready to go into 12/12 next wk.
may_16_2012_001.JPG
april_10_2012_002.JPG
april_29_2012_011.JPG
may_17_2012_004.JPG
may_17_2012_004.JPG
may_17_2012_004.JPG

6-13-12_012.JPG
6-13-12_011.JPG
6-13-12_017.JPG
6-13-12_020.JPG
6-13-12_021.JPG
6-13-12_009.JPG
Thanks everyone here's today's pics, including 1 Vanilla Kush and 1 Auto diesel and clones.
Here's the set up
1st timer
1-400 watt HPS
2-150 watt HPS
1-Jardin D 90 (used to start clones and tomatoes and cilantro)
1-Playskool kid's desk
Vegged for 8 weeks
Flowering start of 5th week
No carbon filter
Temps were in 90's, humidity was 80
Temps today are 80/humidity reader not working
Most of my equipment was used, purchased on Craigslist, $120.00 for tent, 400 watt light and See MoreBuds dvd vol 1-4 . 150 watts purchased for $80.00, one did not have reflector, used a tin foil pan till I get one. Just purchased another 150 watt for $41.00 on ebay, will move 2 150 watts to tent when needed.
Venting to attic from bathroom vent/access trap door in floor brining in fresh air from kitchen below, no smell inside or outside of house YET.
Checking everyday for pest and mold, none seen
ORGANIC GROW, I purchase manure from farmer down the street, it is a mixture of rabbit, cow, pig and chickens, they sell large 5 gallon containers for $2.00 each. I make compost tea from this, makes the room smell like I'm raising animals upstairs, P.S. I have 5 dogs and 2cats. They leave my grow alone, except one kitty loves to lay in front of them with lights on.

I add fish emulsion, thrive, No Shock, Bloom from Advanced N. I also sprinkle bonemeal from Miracle grow on top of flowering plants. I have been using rainwater, but we have not had any rain for weeks, so am now using tap water sitting for 24 hours, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to adjust ph.

My clones are started in rockwool, I just add water to bottom of tray and use nutes as needed, they sit in the playskool desk under a T-5 light.

The first few weeks of starting my new hobby were time consuming, now I visit twice a day for up to 15 minutes or as needed. I am also using 5 gallon fabric pots or air pots, they have handles on sides and help with moving.

I am growing for pain relief of arithritic back and hands, and insomnia//

Tomatoes are moved outside and already flowering in 5 gallon pots and cilantro growing with them inside of each pot. Beautiful

I am really enjoying watching the growing process, and caring for my babies.

Again, thanks for your help

Today I took 2 clones from each flowering plant 32 days into flower, ran across Racefan's site were he highly recommened. Anyway, I took cutting from the lowest growth on each side of flowering mother, used NoShock as my rooting compound, and placed inside of used rockwool cubes, will update and see how this works,

Thanks H, just finished up in room, I added some emergency sheets to opposite side of lights in bathroom, it seemed to have really brightened up the room even more, while I was working in room I added 2 aquarium lights UVB lights with total of 4 lights for 25 minutes, what do you guys think about adding uvb or uva lights in 5th wk of flowering, should I wait? Happy Flag Day/God bless AMERICA

I've edited, adding pictures of my new clones and growroom today/ just about everything in the room was found in dumpster diving at Rite=Aid, they throw away their black end displays every couple of months,, I always check for these and their throw away magazines, Hey, they cut off the covers and throw these in boxes, I try to take the boxes to the church paper collection site, After I read what I want, anyway, I am a BIG BELIEVER IN RECYCLING EVERYTHING. Those black display racks came undone and I way able to re=configure it from 3 shelves to 2 grid shelves, cost me nothing. I went to Home Depot and they had shelving pieces marked down to $3.00, I placed it above a steel rod from the attic closet and placed my ballast on top with a cheap $6.00 fan from rite aid, helps keep the ballast cool. I believe in cheap growing, what do you think? My husband thinks I'm crazy, does'nt like me growing, but loves that I won't be buying any more of that crap $140/oz, Plus, he likes the smell in the room, finally agreeing with me, that growing your own is the way to go, and F the rules/thanks for reading my rant, plus, Thank God when I can throw away this crap I smoke while waiting for my '"TOMATOES" . HEY, I'M NOT ONE TO POST ANYTHING ANYWHERE, BUT I LOOOVE THIS SITE, AGAIN, GOD BLESS/GRACE

Last night I placed 8 clones into 12/12, I also decided to LST all of them, I used bamboo sticks and twust ties, Today they already took to the bend and look bushier, the opposite side already showing healthy new growth, also gave a healthy flush/nutes. Will try to add pics.
06-15-12_007.JPG
06-15-12_008.JPG
06-15-12_002.JPG
06-15-12_008.JPG
06-15-12_002.JPG

These are the 8 clones I placed on LST and 12/12 last night, just adding pics of 1st day flowering of clones. Thanks, plus, any comments on my technique of LST, any suggestions or corrections ?
06-16-12_009.JPG
06-16-12_008.JPG
06-16-12_007.JPG
06-16-12_006.JPG
06-16-12_004.JPG
06-16-12_001.JPG
06-16-12_007.JPG

These next pics are of 10 clones I took last night from flowering mother on day 32/
6-15-12_004.JPG
6-15-12_008.JPG

These pics are of flowering plants day 33, do you guys know if it's Purplewreck, BigBud, or lemon shunk? Thanks/grace

Just noticed looking at my notes, The plant I thought was Big Bud is actually a BigBang. Also I forgot to mention that all my seeds were feminized, so no Boys here. Has anyone grown BigBang from Herbies, and what kind of yield may at get for 1st time grow? Thank you/grace

Hi CanuckGal, yes, I am doing both, I also femmed the tops a few weeks ago, I think I sent you a message on this, but not sure if it was sent to you or another's site, I am LST my autoflower Diesel, this was a freebie from Herbie's and is a fem, I'm hoping that I can send it back to vegging after taking top half of growth at harvest, what's to lose, since you can't clone a autoflower, but I read that you can try to re-veg them. Will update later/take care/Hugs/grace

looking good in here grace... nice and crowded! Remember once you start to LST, keep training the top that goes up so that all "tops" are at the same height to distribute the auxin evenly.

Not sure if you can re-veg an auto, I've only heard of pollinating them or using the males to make other autos...

Nice first grow! +Reps

Thanks SuferBuddy, what should I do about LST THE tops, use more twist ties? They are starting to get taller, I'll post today's pics, this is day 37 of flower and Day 100:cheer: from seed germination. I added 2 lights last night, reptile lights, 2 40 watt UVA with one Repti Glo 5.0 UVB 26 WATT, the 2nd light holds only one 12" 25 microwatt UVB fluorescent bulb. I left these on for the entire 12 hours. The top colas are stickier and denser today. My question: Should I run these these for the entire 12 hours for the rest of the next 3 weeks, or please if I am doing this wrong please advise me how to do this? Also, should I be using both a UVA AND UBV ?

also, I am using rainwater, blackstrap molasse, Super Thrive, Advanced N No Shock, and their Bloom, a little bit of epsoms salts, and bone meal sprinkled on top prior to watering with nutes. What should I be adding to make my buds really take off these last few weeks?
THANKS GUYS/GRACE
6_WEEK_FLOWER_026.JPG
6_WEEK_FLOWER_025.JPG
6_WEEK_FLOWER_023.JPG
6_WEEK_FLOWER_009.JPG
6_WEEK_FLOWER_008.JPG
6_WEEK_FLOWER_006.JPG
6_WEEK_FLOWER_004.JPG
6_WEEK_FLOWER_003.JPG
6_WEEK_FLOWER_002.JPG
6_WEEK_FLOWER_001.JPG
6_WEEK_FLOWER_002.JPG

Thanks SuferBuddy, what should I do about LST THE tops, use more twist ties? They are starting to get taller, I'll post today's pics, this is day 37 of flower and Day 100:cheer: from seed germination. I added 2 lights last night, reptile lights, 2 40 watt UVA with one Repti Glo 5.0 UVB 26 WATT, the 2nd light holds only one 12" 25 microwatt UVB fluorescent bulb. I left these on for the entire 12 hours. The top colas are stickier and denser today. My question: Should I run these these for the entire 12 hours for the rest of the next 3 weeks, or please if I am doing this wrong please advise me how to do this? Also, should I be using both a UVA AND UBV ?

also, I am using rainwater, blackstrap molasse, Super Thrive, Advanced N No Shock, and their Bloom, a little bit of epsoms salts, and bone meal sprinkled on top prior to watering with nutes. What should I be adding to make my buds really take off these last few weeks?
THANKS GUYS/GRACE
More ties! The tips will keep turning skyward, so keep them as horizontal as possible to keep them all the same height.
Not sure about the other stuff...
:surf:

I've heard adding co2 to the room can really plump the buds. What I have is a bottle of water, with about a tbsp of yeast in it. And I feed it about a tsp of sugar every other day, or whenever the bubble have stopped. The yeast is alive, and will continue to thrive as long as it has sugar and water. I have the bottle near one of the fans, so the co2 is circulated.

Back
Top Bottom