My First NHtea Grow

brutal weather today but plants are holding up pretty good. A couple of them are filling out pretty good but 1 is looking a little leggy. I heard once they go into flowering they fill in alot, is this right?

Looks like quite a bit of bug damage. You will want to inspect for bugs on almost a daily basis. When the plant begins to flower it's more important, but it is looking like there is a bit of bug damage on your plants.

It's always nice to have some kind of insect repellent, for general protection I like to use:

SNS-217 for spider mites and general insects SNS 217 Spider Mite Control Spray | Sierra Natural Science
SNS-203 for white flies, fungus gnats, aphids, and thrips SNS 203 Soil Drench Spray | Sierra Natural Science

You may enounter caterpillars feeding on your foliage, they will appear green so they are tough to spot. Inspecting the plants to find such critters become increasingly important. You may want to inspect your plants thoroughly as they flower.

For caterpillars, organic products known as Bt, Spinosad, or Azamax are some of the most well known ones.

Hi Lester

I bought some organocide have been treating them. This is mostly old damage. One plant got munched bad but the others are okay. Ive been spraying them and checking them daily. I was wondering, when a leaf gets really bad should i just take it off the plant?

Thanks for the tip Lester :) I ordered some Azamax and the Drench spray. Better to stay on the side of caution. I know I had these little white jumping / flying things before I started the organocide but Ill treat them with these other two in case Im missing something. I actually only saw one when i shook one of the plants but if theres 1 that usually means there were probably more.

Just because your plant has a little hole in it doesn't mean you should remove it. It's all case by case. The leaf will either survive or die. I wouldn't remove leaves because they have small blemishes here and there. That's normal being outside, not everything can be 100% perfect.

And your right, usually if there is one of something, there is another. But that's not always true.

Caterpillars and larvae born from moths and butterflies will eventually be the biggest problem. But soil infestations and things that feed on the foliage such as thrips and spider mites can be a problem too. Just stay diligent. Let your plant grow. Watch, water, and enjoy :cheer:

I went away camping for the weekend and came back to a mess! The beer i left out for slugs got filled with water from a storm we had blow through so it stopped working. I found two slugs on my plants and alot of the leaves eaten away. But...I got a delivery in and sprayed the hell out of them with mite control and azamax and also added some worm casings and bat guano and some of that cal-mag. Going to test the soil tomorrow - got that test kit in also. I also filled the beer bowls, bon a petit slugs! The weather here has been so rainy and wet im hoping things dry out soon or im afraid ill never get these things to the flower/bud stage.

Question: living in the Northeast, when should I expect my plants to start flowering? I found an average frost forecaster and im worried that since they havent started flowing yet when they do, they wont have time to finish? Should I build some kind of tent or something to put over them to start the 12/12 or just let nature take its course and cross my fingers?

10 weeks from today is mid October
12 weeks is Halloween

I don't know this answer. I've heard end of October is common for New England, but a July planting will go into November.
I'm guessing 2-4 weeks until girls start flowering. Again, I don't know, just thinking about the feel of the seasons.

You might want the tent in October to keep rain and snow from molding your buds.
A mild 24 ° degrees frost is not a big threat to happy cannabis.

plantm1.jpg
IMG_20140805_073430_000.jpg
IMG_20140805_073417_384.jpg
IMG_20140805_073400_816.jpg
IMG_20140805_073356_519.jpg
IMG_20140805_073350_012.jpg

No new eaten leaves. After refilling the beer bowls with fresh bud light - the third picture shows how many slugs killed just from one night - eww so gross!

Went to visit my girls today. Topped them and did a little LST and added a little guana. Two are about 3 ft tall, other 2 are 4. Ive been spraying them nightly for beatles bugs and flies. Still seems to be something getting to them every so often. time will tell i guess

Went out to check for bugs and spray today and I broke a limb when i was moving around with the bottle :( I put some of that hormone stuff on that is used for cloning and then medic taped it back in place. keeping my fingers crossed it works.

Looks like tying them apart is working. Just in a couple days the lower sections seem to be perking up. Still have a little bit of something having a snack on them so i sprayed them with the azamax and refilled the beer bowls. I also sprayed around the whole area since I planted by a brook and theres alot of natural plant life that attract different bugs.

Its been colder than normal lately - getting into the 50s over night (what happened to August?) The mornings feel like they did years ago on the first day of school. Plus we have been getting alot of rain lately, yesterday we actually had hail while i was working. I was afraid id come home and theyd be destroyed but they survived = strong little suckers. At least I dont have to worry about watering. Just feeding every few days or so.

I love this site. All I do in my free time now is read read read. Im so impressed with everyone here how they help each other and encourage and teach. Its awesome. Cant wait till NH finally makes it legal.

Its funny, in my younger days i used to smoke to have fun and just get stoned and party. Havent smoked it in Years and years. Then one day a friend of mine made me a tea out of one of his buds. (I ran out of my arthritis medicine and couldnt even walk) I drank the tea before bed and the next day I felt like a million bucks and I felt 20 years younger. From then on, I have been buying it from a friend and I even gave some to my 70 year old mother. (Cant believe how much it is to buy!) so instead of going broke, ive decided to do this.

Ive also smoked a few times since then - a friend grew some and gave me a bit...Never laughed so hard in my life then I slept like a log afterwards. I dont know what strain they grew and sorry part is, they dont either but it was fun while it lasted. Well, enough carrying on - sorry bout that. Guess Ill go tend my flower garden now!

Fat fingered my last reply and erased it - ugh.
Who knows whether I can rise to level of eloquence I imagine I had used?

I am 99% confident your medic tape and cloning compound will do the job.
I snapped off half a 24" wide plant and stapled her together, then painted with cloning gel.
Her yield was over 2oz with no difference between the intact and the healed side.
Don't worry, be happy :Rasta:

We had the same hail and chill night here on the downstream side of the Nashua River in Ma.
No outside grow here. I love to do it, but don't want to risk the medical recommendation by growing outside.
That and I only get a few hours of direct Sun. I'd have to grow on the roof for a full 5 hours.

Take care.

Parked here in the FAQ section, I don't think your journal gets the traffic it deserves.

If you add a link in your signature, I think more growers would find it.
(Signature link is under the settings menu)
If you asked nice, a moderator could also move this thread to the grow logs section (and change the title for you if you wish.)

Anyway. All your choice :)

Yeah, just click the little "triangle with the exclamation mark" in it at the bottom left of your post. Report that if it isn't too much trouble may you have your title of thread changed to "Insert Journal Title here,etc." and if it can be moved to the journals in progress section.

Back
Top Bottom