My Journey On Learning To Perfect A SOG

Hello bud yeah which ever tent I end up with I will then choose, I just fancy trying to get small tents into a heavy healthy harvest cycle, I'm looking at a 9 site airpot system I fancy trying which fits 9 plants in so hopefully either one of those boards or one big cob led.

I know what your saying on those tins though, there a fortune for the amount but I may 1 or 2 for now and the end of veg, I'm after a good full spectrum his bulb if you have any info on any, I was using Kimi but fancy something highly rated as this will be my last hps run for this year and I will click down the hours this time so I know how many it's had running.

It seems I'm getting slower growth this time around in soil, I used the co2 last time so it may of helped but they were in a seedling tent under a 250/400w hps, they have been in there pots now for 15 days so if imagine it's now starting to build up a root system.

I'm looking into building a small extraction facility for making oil to them eventually end up vaping, it will need to be big enough for semi large batches, my friend and myself are a little sick of smoking and we have both tried THC vape pens so this is something we would rather consume, I know gaping isn't the most healthiest neither but what is these days .

This will be a lengthy process of building it roughly over 2-3 years, roughly around the size of a pallet so I can store it else where, all fittings ect will be stainless steel as well as food grade sage steels, I'm a welder by trade so I'm in the trade to be able to save here and there.

I will be roughly doing batches of 10-15oz at a time, I imagine there are plenty of diagrams out there of a bigger machine I could size down in scale, this will be eventually be placed in a controlled air environment.

My plan is to build the machine, learn how to perfect the best oil I can extract then eventually one day I may try set up my own small business extracting but that's a good 10 year away maybe .

I know this will cost a fortune but it will be worth it in the long run having my own custom built extraction site :).

So my extraction tank I plan on using will be 10-20L depending on what size batches I do, I will be using the liquid co2 method, I need help still with a cyclone separator and PRV, I have a guy on standby to start welding everything up plus I get the stainless at trade price so saving money on stuff like that helps, everything will be properly checked before use by genuine companies.

So apart from 1 or 2 i now have a semi even canopy, most lower branches are nearly caught up, I forgot I had some plant bends, these little things are great for training your plants, there's no other need for the use of wire or similar trying to squeeze into the sides of pots trying to the them down, just a simple bend and push in, job done .

I am planning on lowering my first canopy screen to 6" above the pots, I will be making a watering system to set in the back 6 pots, plus it helps me then get a perfect canopy or try at least.

I plan on running hose pipe lines to each pot that will run around the stem with holes in for hopefully equal watering.

Just a simple gravity fed one bud, I will make a loop on the end of each hose line, put a T piece on and drill some large holes in for drippers/pour ect then it means I can lower my screen instead of vegging an extra week, I seem a similar system with pvc piping for the hard to reach pots.

Also got a pump spray bottle I can pump up and spray down the pipes that way each plant has a slow watering.

I use Wilma MG1000 water pumps there great, if got a few of them, I highly rate those, I will be doing something sort of similar when I'm nearly in mid flower so the smells don't leak as much, plus I'm in Canna Terra Professional Plus and it's almost like coco coir or at least the texture is so I think light watering daily in mid flower under 600-1000w of light may work out quite well with it being soil.

I use Wilma MG1000 water pumps there great, if got a few of them, I highly rate those, I will be doing something sort of similar when I'm nearly in mid flower so the smells don't leak as much, plus I'm in Canna Terra Professional Plus and it's almost like coco coir or at least the texture is so I think light watering daily in mid flower under 600-1000w of light may work out quite well with it being soil.
I will have to check those pumps out

Hello all .

So this journal will be for all my future SOG garden grows, I'm totally new to this and this will be my first two attempts.

Side 1:
I'm growing 9 Green Gelato in 20L pots, Canna Professional Plus there around 10" tall at the moment, some are topped at the 5th node, they have been in the 20L pots for and 7-10 days, I plan on putting a screen up at 12" then flip them on the 1st of next month only if the main stems are 4-6" above the screen, I will be tucking and weaving them if needed so the canopy is even, I plan on using a 600w Hps in a cool hood but if the canopy is even and dense I will add another 400w Hps, my overall goal on yield for this side is 20-23oz with the one 600w, this would be 6.5-7.2g per stem or if I added the extra 400w I would like 24-30oz which would be 7.5-9.5g per stem, what do you think?

Side 2:
I'm growing 16 plants in 100-250ml start of pots but will eventually end up in 3L pots, coco, 1" inch base of perlite in the base of the pots or a 60/40 coco/permits mix, then 50L of coco mixed with 1.5-2kg of Mycorrhizal Fungi pellets to help with root growth, my overall goal on this side is 10-16oz which would be 17.5-28g per plant, think it's doable?

There going under a 600w Hps in a cool hood, 4 rows of 4 or maybe 3 rows of 5 and the 1 left over, I'm thinking on hooking them up to a dropper with a flood dripper, 3x feeds per day, this should hopefully help out with yield .

I'm ideally looking for the canopy to be at most around 80-100cm giving each plant a good 20-25cm square, my cool hood is around 50x60 then my distance to light in hoping I can get to around 10-12" without stressing the plants too much and my overall temp room hoping should be around 22-25c so the environment will be good especially as I'm around them daily.

There currently in there starter pots while my medium arrives later this week then I plan to flip them around the 8th of July a a good 2.5 weeks once breaking soil, but with this being my first grow with a new style should I induce plant stretch in veg or not as I would prefer at least 12" of stem/ buds/cola ect?

More than likely I will lollypop them up, I may add a small holed screen up if needed but I probably wont, I will be choosing the best pheno from the best plants and take a clone so I can have a mother plant for future grows, 1 mother plant for each strain and hopefully keep them at around 12-20" high.

After my first 16 Plant SOG I then plan on doing 25-128 plant/clone garden grows, all in 3L pots, 15cm wide and 20cm high 128 is the most I can fit in a 4x8 tent floor.

I will be using the full Remo Nutrients line up .

The strains in growing are the following:

- 3 Orange Sherbet from Barneys Farm
- 3 Strawberry Lemonade from Barneys Farm
- 3 Pink Kush from Barneys Farm
- 3 Wedding Gelato from Royal Queen Seeds
- 3 Sherbet Queen from Royal Queen Seeds
- 1 Special Queen 1 from Royal Queen Seeds
- 9 Green Gelato from Royal Queen Seeds

I hope to see you a long my learning and growing journey :peace:

Hi mate....I’ll pull up a chair and tag along if you don’t mind. I’ve only just started this year and have tons to learn

Yeah I'm looking at growing in the Aeroponics style setups, no soil or mess will be perfect for me lol.

here is my schedule in thinking of running:

Week 1
2ml Bio Grow
3ml Root Juice
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic

Week 2
2ml Bio Grow
3ml Root Juice
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 3
2ml Fish Mix
3ml Root Juice
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 4
2ml Fish Mix
3ml Root Juice
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
1ml Plagron Green Sensation
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 5
2ml Fish Mix
3ml Root Juice
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 6
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 7
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 8
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 9
Terpinator
Resinator

Yeah I'm looking at growing in the Aeroponics style setups, no soil or mess will be perfect for me lol.

here is my schedule in thinking of running:

Week 1
2ml Bio Grow
3ml Root Juice
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic

Week 2
2ml Bio Grow
3ml Root Juice
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 3
2ml Fish Mix
3ml Root Juice
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 4
2ml Fish Mix
3ml Root Juice
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 5
2ml Fish Mix
3ml Root Juice
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 6
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 7
2ml B52
2ml Alg-A-Mic
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 8
Terpinator
Resinator

Week 9
Terpinator
Resinator
Wow mate....that’s a proper feed schedule. I hope I’m that on top of things when I find my way
I picked up a cheap IWS control bucket and pumps and pipes for £10 from a car boot sale....just needed a res and buckets for plants. I’m going to give that a try next year when I’ve got a few grows under my belt

Back
Top Bottom