My Low Budget Medical Grow

Congratulations on your harvest!
thank you for the grats and for the time KingJohnC. Congratulations to your position here at :420: now,I cant wait to watch you run/test that led from our sponsor
Hydro LED Light | Lush Lighting | 888-960-4LED
I fell in love with their lights I can't afford now, but they're from Michigan how cool!
someday I will they look the best out there.

Im gonna try to take and get some current photos up here today. The berry bomb flowers dont deliver like the herer buds and thats all I really have now with the herer gone. Its been awhile and I have 2 plants drying in the box that a ready for jars tonight.These are the 2nd gen herer clones that I chopped and hung only five days ago. Its not the proper drying time but the buds are very crispy probably from a dry rh throughout flower and being in a cardboard box to dry in our dry house.
I was reading some of todays posts before logging in to read last page or 2 (#35 and #36) on
MrBubbles Perpetual Grow
I will never forget the feeling I had when my weed helped him feel better. The smile he had the first time he took a hit will forever be ingrained in my mind. It will inspire me for the rest of my life to keep fighting for this medicine. The pain I feel now knowing that I could have at least helped ease his suffering is almost more than I can bare. I will NEVER not have enough medicine for my family again.
which put some more pressure on me with a friend I have who is suffering and could possibly be helped by me through my closet. He would be on a kidney transplant list if he quit those ciggarettes and is on a home dialysis set up now.He was diabetic first now has kidney failure. I dont know if I could help him out with oil made from the jack herer I have or if he'd use it even. He grew up on smoking weed and has all good stories about it but wont smoke it now since he quit everthing with the major players being alcohol and crack. Before I met him (15 years ago now) he quit all except ciggarettes and started a family and then came down with diabetes.< that got worse over the years and now the kidney failure . I would like to think that some cannabis oil would oil up the receptors to the pancreas and kidney and his life would improve. If I dont try I would always wonder and be ashamed of not trying because the future seems not so bright for him but the thought of messing his problems up could be worse,its very tough on my thinking. I dont need someone to tell me it would work or not but if anyone knows any pros or cons to persuade me I would appreciate it:high-five: :Namaste:

Here is a bunch of photos starting with what I may jar up after 4 days drying .These are 2 2nd gen Jack Herer clones starting from a Black skull fem Jack Herer seed stock in flower for 67 days with 11 hours 600w Hps light and 13 hours dark each day.
015532.JPG

011765.JPG

0021658.JPG

016487.JPG

0031595.JPG

it started to throw down some bananas I figured it was done but I will try and get a clone to run late and get some seeds,It would be a small clone to let go maybe a few more weeks or a 100 days flower.I have seen them this late but no seeds normally except one beautiful
looking seed a few harvest rounds maybe only 2 ago?
021322.JPG

Here is today in flower
0011659.JPG

better looking berry bomb clone bud like its not stretching and another long one
0041503.JPG

0081080.JPG

I have good faith in these 2 clones outdoing their mom but I plan on running them till done and have been keeping light on food like b.real said :thumb: well kinda 1 out of 3 waters plain the last 2 were light food . I dont like the needs being different than my other strain and the different nutrients for different perpetual rounds.I am just not able to spend that much time with the girls and it shows here and there .I feel lucky to still harvest decent buds with this style grow and always dream of what things would be like when I have things dialed in better :thanks:

nice fat sticky flowers! nanners are acceptable on the feminized seeds, as long as they don't open before harvest. chances are these genes are mutated and will easily throw nanners at end of each grow like my acid did. got no more acid seeds (i don't think, havent cecked most recent harvest but I doubt it, late nanners and I harvested soon after. I did try n pluck some, that may have thrown some feminized pollen)

nice fat sticky flowers! nanners are acceptable on the feminized seeds, as long as they don't open before harvest. chances are these genes are mutated and will easily throw nanners at end of each grow like my acid did. got no more acid seeds (i don't think, havent cecked most recent harvest but I doubt it, late nanners and I harvested soon after. I did try n pluck some, that may have thrown some feminized pollen)

Yeah man they didnt open but if they come that late it must take time for a seed to become good.Thats why I would in my space just corner out a small clone to run long enough.Even then I wouldnt expect a lot of seeds because I read here on 420 somewhere this fem pollen may only be enough to produce a couple seeds on the plant like you have gotten b.real. Here is that seed picture that didnt show and it was way more pretty than the original seed I started with.
021322.JPG

and looks to be female also by this Seeds - Female or Male - Can You Tell The Difference?
Those buds last night were crispy and smokeable and the stem wasnt. so I just destemmed em and put them in jars with no lid and this morning I lidded them. combined wieght 95g I would have hoped 2 each ,it wasnt harsh at all and should only get better with the cure it will get until used up in about a month except I have this berry bomb stuff to fill in to stretch it out.It is not so heady good feeling like the herer I enjoy but helps out still minus that feeling.

I watered ph adjusted tap water only today for anyone needing a drink.It sat 3 days with the last 24 hours bubbled.here is how I checked ph first with 3 drops tester to the vial about half full to be ph8.0+ my guess
daves_00319.JPG

then put 1ml ph down acid to look to me 6.5 or less
daves_00423.JPG

I split this one gallon of ph adjusted water on my 2 berry bomb clones at 44 days flower
daves_02012.JPG

daves_01911.JPG

and the 3rd gen herer clone at 44 days flower too
daves_01315.JPG

daves_01421.JPG

On the 2nd gen herer clone in the 5gal pot also had a drink after I tied down some branches and supercropped 3 also tying down their tips since none of them made a snap sound or feel
daves_00518.JPG

daves_00718.JPG

I would like a bigger harvest than the last 2 2nd gen clones from this one .She is at 5 days flower now I believe.this training maybe coulda waited since at 25 days I'm gonna defoliate but things were getting hectic and besides the bending I just opened her up.My other thoughts are the stretch may be limited for this one I will find out around day 25 and try to get before and after on that task:peace:

I wouldnt argue that since I havent done it yet b.real the way I'm planning it in flower. I could be useing wrong term too but KJC and Lab's Brainstorm haze looked good with what they did.Im hopeing with the training I did yesterday to have toppers fill up the canopy better but the stretch I feel not so dominate this time either because I did this now or from how she lived being stressed snd abused with my lack of care in veg.I would think my care and style grow would be downfall to the heavier yield but I gotta try it,besides that I feel it works for some and some strains and the one I have is growing buds with few and yellow leaves giving me hope on the experiment to come.Lets hope I can keep them leavs greener, longer for this plant and maybe more important to me the 2 3rd gen clones at 25 days today in flower
daves_01022.JPG

like this one I cropped at a point that should give about 4-5 topps to the right of the pipe cleaner already over an inch or two a rush of growth. Sorry the pic isnt good enough to show them all.
daves_01812.JPG

Hey Good People I have some pictures from today of my Berry Bomb clones that are starting to grow some flowers finally after I cut down on food for them.the Last 2 waters were just ph adjusted tap water suggested from b.real earlier
thanks Bro :adore: :passitleft:
these are at 48 days flower now and already looking better than any bud taken from the mom I flowered
daves_00320.JPG

daves_00424.JPG

this is the main topper on the clone cut and vegged 19 days more.I will give her some time to fill out even though
daves_00920.JPG

this one branch that has been needing support has a banana spitting out the very tip from stress I think and is the only one I see right now.It could have been from being shaded by another plant too but Im not worried much.
daves_01316.JPG

I will go roll another for Alkhemist's return saying things are fine:Namaste:

no problem bro! sometimes that's all it takes. takes some stress off em and they can grow better. she looks like she's stacking now. I see real lemon juice working wonders as well. :thumb:

no problem bro! sometimes that's all it takes. takes some stress off em and they can grow better. she looks like she's stacking now. I see real lemon juice working wonders as well. :thumb:
that sounds for ph adjusting and seems more natural with the real lemon juice If thats what you mean b.real ,Ive been thinking on useing distilled water instead of tap water also to help out some too for these plants in little pots. They dont need too much water but it would be just more effort on lazy me:cheesygrinsmiley:

I decided to try some garlic cloves that had sprouted on me to help out with spidermites maybe but mostly since I starting get those gardening gears spinning and I plan to sprout most of my veggies this spring
daves_00131.JPG

I have them in veg spot under the t5 with my 2 berry bomb clones.The mix was what was left from my BC bluberry male after chopping and should have some nutrients left '
daves_00321.JPG

The last herer plant in veg is starting to revert to veg more after a heavy preflower from stresses and is in need of major pruning but I am seeing clones soon I want to take that would be 3rd generation clones again
daves_00519.JPG

Unfortunately us moving is not looking good now so the plan for that happening is to transplant take clones and defoiliate this herer plant to flip mid or late march:Namaste:

hey there Closet!

wow.. lots happening, plants looking great... just wandering how much co2 you got coming into that tent brother?? and where is your intake air coming from? just curious my man.. not critiquing :D

i love that you are going to go with a bit of companion growing in your space closet! i just bought a few garlic chive plants and pyrethrum plants for that very purpose.. as i have some girls in soil at present i thought it would make for a fun experiment as ive never done it for specific purposes before... i've heard chives, garlic, pyrethrum and a few others are great... i suppose it could have something to do with the sulphur content in the onion family that make them effective?? although i have tried onion/garlic based home made sprays that werent as effective.. could have just been too diluted or something tho! all part of the fun- experimenting etc.. learning.. and refining.

just thought i'd start catching up with ppl and saw you at the top of my lost brother :D

hope to follow with more regularity and pick up some tips for a while dude.. will stop back in a bit later :)

take it easy closet.. and keep it green! :Namaste:

hey there Closet!

It's good to hear from ya man:)

wow.. lots happening, plants looking great... just wandering how much co2 you got coming into that tent brother?? and where is your intake air coming from? just curious my man.. not critiquing :D

None taken at all Bro :thumb: My tent is a loosely sealed space no bigger than 4'w 3' deep and 5' tall. I have panda plastic hung on 3 closet walls and meeting in the middle of my opening freely. the roof is supported by a scrap wood frame in front and tied to a built in metal shelf on the back wall.I hang another piece of panda at roof edge as a flap weighted by a piece a wood attached at bottom to cover entire front side except a small open inlet at bottom left corner.Only house air is drawn through this space through the loose flap doors and inlet opening by a 4" 171 cfm fan running 24/7 pulling through a filter that sits over a roof hole above the the 600w bulb in a winged reflector.I sealed the filter above and to the tent with a box and duct tape.This setup needs the closet door open to the bathroom its in as well as the bathroom door open too bedroom with the lights running to maintain temps at upper limits.My humidity is only in the teens or low 20's at best lately.Here are some old pics nothing has changed.
035118.JPG

034117.JPG

033141.JPG

032140.JPG

i
love that you are going to go with a bit of companion growing in your space closet! i just bought a few garlic chive plants and pyrethrum plants for that very purpose.. as i have some girls in soil at present i thought it would make for a fun experiment as ive never done it for specific purposes before... i've heard chives, garlic, pyrethrum and a few others are great... i suppose it could have something to do with the sulphur content in the onion family that make them effective?? although i have tried onion/garlic based home made sprays that werent as effective.. could have just been too diluted or something tho!

I have faith in the companion planting also for me.My spitermites hang around for weak oppurtunites from the plants. My only treatment has been pure neem and that has worked so far.I want to try and spray at flip for prevention and sometimes dont.

all part of the fun- experimenting etc.. learning.. and refining

So true man I have been growing this closet over a year now and it never stops the learning refining and experiments

just thought i'd start catching up with ppl and saw you at the top of my lost brother :D

hope to follow with more regularity and pick up some tips for a while dude.. will stop back in a bit later :)

take it easy closet.. and keep it green! :Namaste:

:passitleft: :peace:

hey closet just wanted to do a driveby and say hey and that everything looks great over here your buds look so great man congrats and keep up the good work

hey closet just wanted to do a driveby and say hey and that everything looks great over here your buds look so great man congrats and keep up the good work
Thanks Man I did the drive by on your purple buds your about to harvest and I want to say congratulations to you.Everybody loves some purple buds that I feel will send me to the bottom of the totem pole on the feb 2014 N.O.M. contest I just entered for first time :) :( Its exciting though just what will still be entered these last few days before the voteing even begins.

I took some pictures today of my plants and I will let you good people know their ages and flowering time in my little perpetual grow along with my thoughts on them:rollit:
This is the 2nd gen herer clone(cut9/7/13) that was scheduled for a 25 day flower defoliation I happened to tighten the straps and open up it up for better light penetration and seen not much to defoil when that time hits. Its 15 days in flower in today.
daves_0285.JPG

daves_0305.JPG

These 2 -3rd gen herer clones have been in flower 34 days, alot of pistils turned but its starting to push again, only half way in a 70 day flower so far
daves_01610.JPG

daves_01513.JPG

this sister 3rd gen clone cut same time on 11/21/13 as those 2 went in early and is at 54 days flower
daves_01912.JPG

daves_01714.JPG

Here are to berry bomb first clones at 54 days flower also,this one was cut on 11/2/13 and looks like the Mom <aka sucky yielder or harvested premature:) It also was the one that had a lower branch topper bud throw a banana at the very tip
daves_02410.JPG

I hope it stacks up like this this cousin of hers also at 54 days flower but was cut on 11/21/13.she leans on the wall and is need of better support for the spindley tall stem
daves_02112.JPG

Here is the family all together.I need to raise the bigger plant up about 8inches,Im trying to find something sturdy for her
daves_00425.JPG

:thumb:

Here is the veg side looking rough except the garlic which is going nice so far,I better tape up those containors since roots are showing
already.
daves_00132.JPG

daves_00323.JPG

My thought on the left 2 berry bomb clones is to transplant and then build portable scrog thing to go from veg to flower.This would train all buds to equal levels which may yield or grow better for me or just cut some clones and get rid of them both since the structure already I dont like for my set up
The overgrown stressed out 2nd gen herer to the right was cut 9/7/13 too and not taken care of well. Thoughts on her are heavy prune and transplant,attempt clones while still on plant and hope she reverts to veg growth better to set up for a good flower, or just for clones to keep strain going and get rid of that mess I have.I hope its not a lost cause I really enjoy this strain of herer
I am thinking on new strain seeds starting this month,I have 2 each of reg sweet god,reg thc bomb,fem grape ape,fem critical, and reg blue mystic to choose from more favoring last 3.I will only try 2 seeds ,same strain probably but maybe just one seed from 2 different kinds.

Back
Top Bottom