Seeds - Female or Male - Can You Tell The Difference?

Truth Seeker

I recently came across this image when I was doing some photo browsing and I wondered what everyone's input might be on this theory?

Cannabis_F_or_M.jpg

Thank you in advance for your input.

:Namaste:

I shall take more careful note on when i receive my next regular batch of seeds.

In the mean while i shall stick this in book marks for future reference when the time comes :thumb:

I have taken a look at a few beans that I have and it seems that I have 3 males... I am curious to plant them and see but don't want to waste the room.

Maybe when I get closer to switching to 12/12 I will get them going to test the theory.

Thank you for all your inputs on this matter.

Never looked that close... I want a male so I will test this trying to select one.

I'm in process of trying this. I looked at a few fem seeds I have and from what I can tell this it true. I picked out 2 "female" seeds of 2 different strains (BID Seeds~gdp x purple power & Chemdawg X royal purple kush) and started 2 fem seeds (HSO~sour diesel #2). I'll post again when I sex them.

This is an interesting bit of information. It would make choosing seeds a little easier in future.

I will offer this though...in the Marijuana Growers Bible it states that sex can be set during the growing stage through temperature management alone. I have grown several plants from seed, without checking for the depressions, and by maintaining the optimal temperature to grow females, have only ever had one male plant in my stable.

If my memory serves, since I don't have my bible handy, females are more assured when the temp is consistently between 72-76 deg F. I am sure there are more qualified members here who can either verify this or not, but I have had extremely good success with this method in producing females.

For those of you buying seeds this may be a trick to try with those seeds that are identifying as male in seed form.

Stay loose all,
79stingray

This is very interesting indeed:)

It would be great to be able to tell before wasting a ton of space to find a female.
I am going to test this theory as soon as my current plants have reached 5 or 6 weeks into flower so I don't go over my plant count.

I have an old emilys garden and 6 regular seeds
solocup_0152.JPG

I will take pictures along the way and credit the experiment to you TS.

Here is a pic of the round volcano type at the bottom of 2 of them
solocup_008.JPG

The other 4 do not have this bottom it just comes to a point and they are oblong.
And a pic of all with the suspected females on top.
solocup_0031.JPG

Maybe we can find someone on here to share a picture of the bottom of some feminized seeds for comparison.

I can see I uploaded the wrong picture of the seed it was supposed to be the round one...oops,there just hard to see:)

Seems like an excellent criteria in choosing seeds to plant. Just not as a predictor of sex, or hermaphroditic tendencies. Choosing healthy fully formed seeds may indeed increase the likelyhood of females.. maybe even 99% when using this when sorting feminized seeds

I'm sub'd. Love to see what you guys find. :) I've got 10 Fem'd Pyramd Tuts en-route from Hebies so I'll be checking for volcano butts :)

Well I'm glad i found this..I was getting ready to get next summers seeds and was debateing feminised or regular seeds. I like the idea of "regular seeds" and with this new tool for sexing,This could be good..... I will send herbies the " male/female seed chart?" and see if they agree with it.I'll let you know.. Red

Back
Top Bottom