Mycelium Farmer's Psilocybin Mushroom Basement Grow

We know many of you are waiting to start your fungi grow journals until we announce the new mushroom sponsors, so I wanted to give you a head's up while the teams are working together to get everything ready for you all.

Meanwhile, if you want to get some gear started ahead of time, our two new sponsors are...

SporeGenetics.com & MidWestGrowKits.com

We are all just as excited as you, and will be posting their ads, contests and giveaways here shortly.

Spread the word! 🍄

We know many of you are waiting to start your fungi grow journals until we announce the new mushroom sponsors, so I wanted to give you a head's up while the teams are working together to get everything ready for you all.

Meanwhile, if you want to get some gear started ahead of time, our two new sponsors are...

SporeGenetics.com & MidWestGrowKits.com

We are all just as excited as you, and will be posting their ads, contests and giveaways here shortly.

Spread the word! 🍄
Thanks brother this is just what I was waiting for. Super stoked about growing some magic 🪄. CL🍀

Me 1000!!!
I’m thinking 🤔 about trying one of those bags with the base that you inject the spores into. I have a heat pad h everything but don’t know what steps you take afterwards. Have to follow a journal or 2 to figure it all out. CL🍀

I’m thinking 🤔 about trying one of those bags with the base that you inject the spores into. I have a heat pad h everything
I told you, I'm journaling our first sponsored mushroom grow journal, right?! I'll have all the information for you soon, shouldn't be long before I'm in receipt of the grow kit and spores! I'm sooooo excited to take this on and share about it all over the damn place!

I told you, I'm journaling our first sponsored mushroom grow journal, right?! I'll have all the information for you soon, shouldn't be long before I'm in receipt of the grow kit and spores! I'm sooooo excited to take this on and share about it all over the damn place!
Ok,Ok you can be first Jersey and I’m sure with your very informative comments n growing tips that I’ll be riding that magical 🧙‍♀️ wave just like when I first moved to Florida. lol I’m so excited for us my Italian robed friend. Very cool 😎! CL🍀

Oh man, I wuz just about to ask MF if he'd access to a freeze dryer. It really, really preserves a lot more of the 'magic'. Please keep in mind! Same goes for cannabis. Freeze-dried is amazing. I would love to do shares on one with a neighbour or three.

The two sponsors that have come on board I do happen to have some experience with, just a couple of orders only, but still, I think they are excellent choices. Well done 420mag.

A tent just for your fogger is very swish MF. Nice! I assume it's for filtration? I recently found HEPA3 filters that are 10x20, same size as a standard horti-tray - which I've adapted to act as frames for the filters. This all works because my tent's íntake' vents along the bottom are roughly 10x20" (slightly smaller). All manuf's and size tents are different, but there's some potential here, even just for canna grows.

I'm still working with a still air box, though I have a good UV light/laminar flow tabletop design worked out using inexpensive parts that I'm still collecting. Still working on my aseptic skills and general lab acumen. I've started working agar dishes to confirm spore viability, learn a great deal, and use also for a few beneficial bacteria isolations (Azos) - plus I just enjoy staring at the beautiful hyphae.

My first shrooms were grown using the Uncle Ben's tek; anyone curious can do a youtube search and if they find the results half as entertaining as I did back then, it'll be well worthwhile. It'll likely teach you your first practical knowledge about the steps involved in mycology too and whether you're up for it. Def. a different beast to growing plants.

@ReservoirDog Thanks for mentioning Uncle Bens Tek. Watched a few youtubes and I'm sold. Ordered some, now I need to build a SAB, among other things.
I watched some videos on it too and I think 🤔 I might be able to grow some Cubensis . CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I watched some videos on it too and I think 🤔 I might be able to grow some Cubensis . CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
I have been watching videos and reading links most of the night since I am a newb and I just found out yesterday afternoon that I will be showcasing both B+ and Blue Meanies shrooms :ganjamon: c/o @Spore Genetics and @MidWest Grow Kits!!!

So stoked to be able to provide a new and exciting grow journal with these top of the line spores and ready to grow kits!

I promise to take tons of pictures and document each and every detail along the way!

We will all be shrooming on before you know it! The psilocybin excitement here is palpable! Both sponsors have incredible product lines available for us at remarkably inexpensive prices!

🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 :dreamy::cheer::yahoo:

I have been watching videos and reading links most of the night since I am a newb and I just found out yesterday afternoon that I will be showcasing both B+ and Blue Meanies shrooms :ganjamon: c/o @Spore Genetics and @MidWest Grow Kits!!!

So stoked to be able to provide a new and exciting grow journal with these top of the line spores and ready to grow kits!

I promise to take tons of pictures and document each and every detail along the way!

We will all be shrooming on before you know it! The psilocybin excitement here is palpable! Both sponsors have incredible product lines available for us at remarkably inexpensive prices!

That’s so cool 😎 Jersey. I’m looking 👀 forward to following you on your new adventures in fungi fun. CL🍀. :high-five::goodluck:

Is there a sponsor coupon code for @Midwest GrowKits ? I’ve been looking and I can’t find anything

Nope :rofl: . Followed the directions to a T. Sanitized the needle and injected the bag in a sterile tub. Put the bag in a dark place. They were supposed to be hawaiian mushrooms and I'm in hawaii in a climate where they would grow in the wild so I'm pretty sure conditions were on point.

Nothing happened. Maybe bad spores?
So you prolly didn’t do anything wrong except trust the wrong distributor. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

This micropore tape is great for making filters in shoebox-type grow tubs or the Uncle Ben's tek. It's very useful once you have it in-house so go ahead and buy yourself a box of them online. They permit gaseous exchange and keep out 99.9% of bacteria that can spoil your show.

64229C74-9860-4018-9A89-22AFFDF25991.jpeg

This stuff below is inexpensive at the Fabric stores, and also makes great filters. I made a humidity pump once on a timer using this stuff and some clay balls in a plastic, airtight peanut butter jar. It’s clean, cheap and handy.
0C27E484-1468-4894-A9E0-552D2150A90C.jpeg

So these computer controlled pressure cookers (below) are so useful to me on so many fronts it’s unbelievable. They will seterilize 8 litres of whatever if you get the larger size like this one. 6litres are the most popular for straight people who just cook with it, but you want the eight if poss. It’ll make you thc butter, amazing stews, decarb weed and help mycologists with equipment and matrix sterility. Best 100$ I’ve spent in a few years.
DC6A85BF-A836-474C-85F9-33FD50D38CFA.jpeg

These mist-makers (below) use the effective ultrasonic fogger tech, but unfortunately, these prebuilt units have become expensive (75$ and up) and the three I bought online all gave up the ghost in under 3-mos. A DIY fogger is more money upfront - you can buy the ultrasonic part individually and then use a tote, some PVC and a computer style fan - but you will have a more powerful fogger and it will last you because the important wear-parts can be replaced inexpensively. I didn't abuse mine at all, they just don't have quality assurance in the build. I tried three different brands of the same product, all crapped out. Much love to you my fellow shroomies and shroom-curious. You will develop useful knowledge and experience, and have shrooms. I’m fresh out of basic training so I’m right with ya newbs, so don’t be shy, and definitely don’t take my comments as gospel.
3A082DE3-53D8-4FD3-9E8F-F592CBD2B794.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom