New girl grower on the block

I just made my request for a sample of Mega Crop, ^^ @Emilya for the no brainer nutrient choice for my 1st grow.
Tons of folks around here are having great success with MC!
:thumb:

No brainer, for sure!

I just made my request for a sample of Mega Crop, ^^ @Emilya for the no brainer nutrient choice for my 1st grow.
I am using it as well.
You'll like it. When you get your sample you will want to seperate the small
cal-mag balls. You will want to grind these up and mix them back in. Mega Crop is terrific except for this minor inconvenience. It is made for mixing large quantities. Since most of us here are hobby growers or have small grows going, we learned to adapt the product to our usage. We want to make sure you are getting the correct NPK ratios and this step will ensure that.I believe Greenleaf is going to address this going forward but until then this is an important step to make sure your Mega Crop will work effectively for you.
:love:

I am using it as well.
You'll like it. When you get your sample you will want to seperate the small
cal-mag balls. You will want to grind these up and mix them back in. Mega Crop is terrific except for this minor inconvenience. It is made for mixing large quantities. Since most of us here are hobby growers or have small grows going, we learned to adapt the product to our usage. We want to make sure you are getting the correct NPK ratios and thus step will ensure that.I believe Greenleaf is going to address this going forward but until then this is an important step to make sure your Mega Crop will work effectively for you.
:love:
Now that is great first hand information to have, Thank you so much @Virgin ground . Looks like I stepped in the garden at the right time. :) I think I should get my environment in proper order.

Now that is great first hand information to have, Thank you so much @Virgin ground . Looks like I stepped in the garden at the right time. :) I think I should get my environment in proper order.
Glad to help.
This simple product has made my life much easier. I am using it with Pro Mix and I no longer have to pH my nutes.
It's incredibly cheap as well.
You aren't going to want to use bloom booster with MC. This will skew your NPK and burn your plants. I have very strong lights so I still need to add a little cal-mag to mine. I have to watch my ratios while I do this. If you think you will need to do the same I suggest getting to know our lovely and talented @MrSauga . He can help you calculate your ratios if asked nicely. Lol.

That's awesome to know, I am going to use led light. It is 430watts at the outlet. I can turn down the drivers or keep the light as high you would suggest. I will keep that in mind when I ask MrSauga any questions. I don't want to ask any dumb questions to anyone. This is going to take some serious reading and absorbing as much as I can as I go. I am sure once I start my journal and get these girls going so they can be up potted to maybe a 1 gallon from a solo cup.

don't want to ask any dumb questions to anyone.
I do. I'll do it for you. Lol.

Here is a good resource as well.

I suggest getting to know our lovely and talented @MrSauga . He can help you calculate your ratios if asked nicely. Lol.
Hi Zooie! It's so nice to have a normal girl around :p
Welcome to :420: !!!

I see you have a pretty good following so far... :bravo: You will love the Megacrop for it's simplicity, cost and results. It's true the supplements can burn the plants so for new growers using it I always advise to stick with the base product for a grow or two. Once you have a handle on that and you want to explore more then the option is always there.

Thanks for the tag @Virgin ground :hug:

Hi Zooie! It's so nice to have a normal girl around :p
Welcome to :420: !!!

I see you have a pretty good following so far... :bravo: You will love the Megacrop for it's simplicity, cost and results. It's true the supplements can burn the plants so for new growers using it I always advise to stick with the base product for a grow or two. Once you have a handle on that and you want to explore more then the option is always there.

Thanks for the tag @Virgin ground :hug:
I'm perfectly abnormal. Thank you.
Would you prefer that I change Mr.S???? :battingeyelashes:

Thanks for the tag @Preston9mm. Welcome to the forum Zooie! There’s a few of us ladies rollin around on here, as well as some good dudes too. Lots of great advice and never any stupid questions, so please don’t ever be afraid to ask. :) :welcome:

I don't want to ask any dumb questions to anyone.
Darn! Those are the only ones I can answer... ;)

Great to have you with us Zooie!

I toss a couple of silica gel packs (the ones that come in vitamins) in the Mega Crop bag after opening-keeps it nice n powdery.
And be sure to seal the bag up after each use-it absorbs moisture like a thirsty sponge ...

Darn! Those are the only ones I can answer... ;)

Great to have you with us Zooie!

I toss a couple of silica gel packs (the ones that come in vitamins) in the Mega Crop bag after opening-keeps it nice n powdery.
And be sure to seal the bag up after each use-it absorbs moisture like a thirsty sponge ...
Lol, that is so funny! :) Thank you for the welcome!

Hey @Zooie - Welcome!

Just hopping on the Mega Crop train. My first grow was a disaster with bottled nuits (completely my fault, but also complicated). On my second grow now and I'm using Mega crop, and wow! It's fantastic and so easy to use. Here's a pic at day 30.

IMG_1584.JPG

Oh gezz your plants are so so pretty! Are they still in solo cups? Sigh, arms crossed gives @skipeye the nod of approval. :green_heart:

I think it's SUPER IMPORTANT that we have females in the growing world. The more diverse perspective and idea generator, the better opportunity we all have to grow successfully. I'm also all about breaking stereotypes as a gay male grower myself. I've found this community to be super respectful and supportive, though. <3

Back
Top Bottom