New to the grow

Welcome to 420 Magazine @JKLR1

Will you be starting a grow journal for this grow?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome to the 420 Magazine family @JKLR1. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo::circle-of-love::theband::circle-of-love::party:

Yeah, you're going to have to try pretty hard not to beat that level. What's your plan for flipping them to flower? You can train the branches out to the sides if you want to maximize your space. I'm partial to Quadlining (link in my sig) but you're a bit passed where that will help you with this round.

If you spread the branches out a bit the inners will get more light so you'll get more buds worthy of that light. In cloth pots I'd put binder clips around the lip of the pot and tie some garden twine midway up a branch and pull it out to the pot edge, or use Carhooks to hold the branches down but they may be too robust for that approach now.

Whatever you do go slowly if bending branches so you don't snap them, even if it takes several days to move them where you want.
Thanks for your response!!

Seems like you still remember quite a bit even though it's been 40 yrs.

What are you looking for as far as advice?
Can I still defoliate even though it’s late in veg? How much can i defol if possible at this stage. Plan on going 60 days in veg before flip.
Yes it’s been 40 years since last attempt but resources are endless with people like you. Thanks for your input!!
Rock On!!

Yes. I like to do a medium to hard defoliation about a week before I'm going to flip then another hard defoliation around week 3 of flip which is usually right before pre-pistil sets in. Most of the leaves I remove are water leaves but I do try and leave some as long as they're not blocking anything.

I like to use the ScrOG method but judging from your pictures it looks like you'll need to trellis the branches once flowers get too heavy for the branches to support them. I would trim off the bottom 30% of the plant(lollipop) and selectivly prune leaves to get better airflow through the plant. The bottom 30% of your plant won't receive sufficient light to develop the bud sites to anything worthwhile. You'll get really small flowers they call larf. I usually prioritize my pruning to water leaves first as they take a lot of energy to maintain and don't photosynthesis nearly as well as younger leaves. After that I remove leaves that are blocking light to other bud sites.

You can remove a lot of leaves as long as they're in veg and they'll grow them all back in a week or two as if you'd never trimmed them.

Look up "Schwazzing". It's an extreme form of defoliation but some say that it delivers results and you can see how hard you can defoliate a cannabis plant.

Check out the current grow journal links in my signature below. They're journals of grows I currently have going. If you've never seen ScrOG style growing you can see how it's done. You can pick up tips and tricks as you've been out of the game for a bit!!! ;) 🙂

Good Luck!!

Welcome to 420 Magazine @JKLR1

Will you be starting a grow journal for this grow?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
Thanks for the info. I love doing journals. I’m new to indoor growing, and auto flowers. I think I’m coming along nicely though. I have experience growing photo outdoors, but that’s a whole different world lol.

Just a quick pic. My space is really coming along nicely. I have three new ladies under the lights! Purple kush auto, GSC auto, and a white widow auto. I love this website and all the help and information that is available. Having experienced growers give me advice has made a huge difference in my endeavors. Thanks 420 you guys are awesome!
image.jpg

Welcome to the fun of the green thumb group!

It's a lot of fun and very rewarding. So much easier that 40 years ago with mail order but the knowledge base we have and will all the available products makes it easy.

I grow outside and use only auto flower and get the trees thicker than an arm.

Great fun and a lot of great people here!

No I just been watering a little bit I haven’t went until I had run off. I was just in there though and I was wondering if I need to use more water, my soil is dry enough to water again just after about 24 hrs so I was about to use more water the next time and see how it went.
It is a few ways people like watering the plants around here, you'll be amazed. I use SIP & Bottom come by my journal and check it out. 1 SIP, 2 Bottom Feeding 55 Days Flowering

Just a Quick Look. These are the two I started the post over. They are at 30 days today and I gave them the first taste of tiger bloom yesterday.
image.jpg

Looking really good

I tried growing 40 years ago with a couple fluorescent bulbs and some unknown seeds. Needless to say the outcome was less than desirable but had lots of fun. Always said when it became legal I would try it again. Now just looking to grow to see what I can do. Looking for experience to help along the way.
Welcome! I'm sure you came to the right place 😁

Screenshot_20240114_215324_Chrome.jpg

The two plants I started this thread over. Just a quick update if anyone is curious. They both just went into flower and are starting to smell nice. The gsc is growing about a week faster than the purple lush so she is just now starting to develop some nice buds. I can’t wait to see what this girl produces. The purple kish looks like it may grow a super Christmas tree bud that might throw out some nice colors. I’ll drop some more pics in a week or two. Stay growin 🌱
image.jpg
image.jpg

@Bill284 idk what this is I thought it was ph maybe? Now I’m not so sure? I’m lost maybe it’s ppm is too high?
image.jpg
Is it just the top? Then might be light related.
If it's all over ? bad nutrients or ph or both?
What's your mix? Ppm & ph and what's in it?
I got to run buddy, I'll be back in a bit.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

There's a chart that shows a extensive list with pics of nutrients disorders to help determine the plants issue. It's by Jorge Cervantes, it's an eBook called 'We grow cannabis' and it's free to download. I found it to be a great read especially since I had no experience growing weed beforehand. Just thinking that it might help narrow down the root of your babies problem. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom