New ViparSpectra Lights Powering Self Watered SIP Run

Hey Stunger, thanks! How's off season treating you? I miss your balcony!
Hey Otter thanks. We're in Winter here so nothing growing at the moment. Yesterday I ordered a raised garden for the balcony, I'm gonna try and grow maybe 3 plants in it instead of individual pots as it'll hold about 90 gallons of soil. I have got the necessary organic soil amendments all ready for it too. And today, yeehaa I had a successful bean delivery which I am really chuffed about, makes me want to charge off and make another order, haha! All the best and keep well!

Ditto that!
Cheers Carmen!

Hi Hafta! welcome aboard! Have patience while i sex these little ones. They're going to love their new everything!
What do you have growing?
We were getting low on spice so I am using @Remo Nutrients nutrients and growing a two tiered pepper grow in hydro. Jalapenos and Chile de Arbol peppers.

We were getting low on spice so I am using @Remo Nutrients nutrients and growing a two tiered pepper grow in hydro. Jalapenos and Chile de Arbol peppers.
REMO is the Shizz man! My brother in law grows tasty bud with it! I haven't grown peppers for years. Put up a couple of cases of hot sauces last time and I'm still eating it. Kind of want to get new flavors in the house. Maybe next season outdoors.
Two tiered hydro is making my dirt filled head spin! How's that work? :)
Hey Otter thanks. We're in Winter here so nothing growing at the moment. Yesterday I ordered a raised garden for the balcony, I'm gonna try and grow maybe 3 plants in it instead of individual pots as it'll hold about 90 gallons of soil. I have got the necessary organic soil amendments all ready for it too. And today, yeehaa I had a successful bean delivery which I am really chuffed about, makes me want to charge off and make another order, haha! All the best and keep well!

Cheers Carmen!
That sounds like a fun summer coming! 90 gallons between 3, plants kept low like you do will thrive like crazy! Get mixing brother! I can't wait!

Hi SO, those earth boxes look really nice. A self-watered SIP, sounds like fun. I'm in!

REMO is the Shizz man! My brother in law grows tasty bud with it! I haven't grown peppers for years. Put up a couple of cases of hot sauces last time and I'm still eating it. Kind of want to get new flavors in the house. Maybe next season outdoors.
Two tiered hydro is making my dirt filled head spin! How's that work? :)
I am using one main LED and four side lights as seen below. These are 47 days from seedling.

Peppers 47 day lighting.JPG

The two 48" tall lollipops are Jalapenos. The domed bush below is a 2' x 2' x 2' Chile de Arbol. The lower leaves of the Jalapenos are being defoliated as they are harvested since they fruit from the bottom up. I then adjust the side lights to allow the lower plant to expand.

The first harvest is already in the dehydrator. This is only a 2' x 3' cabinet.

1st Jalapeno Harvest 47 Days from Seedling.JPG

Them little Arbol chiles are ten times hotter than the Jalapenos.

I am using one main LED and four side lights as seen below. These are 47 days from seedling.

The two 48" tall lollipops are Jalapenos. The domed bush below is a 2' x 2' x 2' Chile de Arbol. The lower leaves of the Jalapenos are being defoliated as they are harvested since they fruit from the bottom up. I then adjust the side lights to allow the lower plant to expand.

ouch that is hot.

Hi SO, those earth boxes look really nice. A self-watered SIP, sounds like fun. I'm in!
Hey Budman! I'm going nutz waiting to fill them up! Going to be fun!

NIce chilis! Cool rig!
ouch that is hot.
I love tasty hot!

POWER UP AND GETTING A STAKE UPDATE

GOOD AFTERFORTH ALL! THESE YOUNG ONES ARE STARTING TO MOVE A LITTLE, sorry, They needed some help standing so they got a stake and horticulture wire wrap to help for a while. A takeoff of @Carcass stakes, nice Carcass!

Still 3 or 4 days before the 10 day pre 18/6 12/12 light schedule changes to 18/6, then we wait.

And the sun got brighter here in Otterville! Up to 75% with the @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro
It's hump day! Get over it! :cheesygrinsmiley: :woohoo:

And the sun got brighter here in Otterville! Up to 75% with the @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro
Is that over the seedlings? What distance to the light? What made you decide to increase intensity beyond the recommended?

I see you are moving right along @StoneOtter nice work.

TR
I see you're wearing your rose colored glasses Tok! Feels like cool molasses I'm wading through waiting for these younguns! But yes they grow on!
Is that over the seedlings? What distance to the light? What made you decide to increase intensity beyond the recommended?
Hi Carm, well they seem legy to me so they're a week old and I don't want to continue that. They all were getting their second sets of leaves. I don't know how much that means but that much maturity in my mind said mature enough for 75%. It was a calculated guess that it was ok to do. I got lucky. Light is almost 2 feet above them.

Following directions is new to me and is a good thing. I'm used to giving them more light from the start and not having them need Carhug sticks. Oh yeah @Carcass what do you thing of the stick config as "Carhugs" ? I just changed your hook up a little for a hug.

Highya SO,

What a gorgeous day up here! I trust it is down there as well. Yes, your seedlings do look a little leggy. Good call on the light. Similar on my end with the side branches with a long space between nodes. But, I can't turn up the lights, haha! I'm hoping the bud will fill in the spaces! At least you do have a large batch of healthy seedlings to choose from. Happy Smokin'

Looking Good in there, Stone! they'll grow into those "legs" in nothin' flat!

I run mine at 22k lux from sprout, but I still managed to get a leggy one- I think some of them are just going to do that, even with plenty of light..
A takeoff of @Carcass stakes,
Bamboo Skewers: Don't grow weed without 'em.. 🤪
Oh yeah @Carcass what do you thing of the stick config as "Carhugs" ?
Perfect!
I'd of called them "stakes with adjustable arms" or something boring like that....:straightface:
Yours is sooo much better!❤️

I run mine at 22k lux from sprout, but I still managed to get a leggy one- I think some of them are just going to do that, even with plenty of light..
I think that too Carcass.

Back
Top Bottom