Nick Hardy's Big Grow 2023 Gorilla Glue Skunk 11 OG Kush Coco Peat Co2 Mars Hydro

This feels, dunno a bit sad.

I think my final tank of nutes for this grow. Probably we have have 3-4 days left. She thought of just almost giving a flush. Cal mag and filler But then decided it wouldn't be in keeping with the spirit of the grow. And you can't flush nutes from your buds right. So I banged in the nute manufacturers recommended maximum. Which was scaling it back a bit (Co2 elevated mix blend & Co made up before) Maybe there’s a couple that could go a few days more and we would be doing them a disservice to cut back too much. 🤣

They’ve been great. Some early stresses learning the nutes but from the other grow they were lessons well learned. Skunk 11’s a pain early doors. Nutsy sativa, whatever. We can train way better for the incoming grow and do some maintenance on the room but yeah there’s a lot of bud to trim. Now its end of days for these very soon.

A slightly melancholic feeling but pretty good.

Some photos below.

Nick & Co

Looks like a jungle in there bro, you and Co are really producing some major buds. CL🍀 :morenutes: :thumb::popcorn:

Yeah we learned so much. Like really. From people here at @420 from a friend in real life - our second grow ever - 18 plants building the room along the way learning new nutes. Like its been ‘kin awesome fun. & Co just so much fun to work with. The sense of achievement of just growing something. Sure, the next one will be better, lessons learned. But this was the first “Big” one so yeah there’s a tinge of sadness its all kinda done now. I ordered a dozen Grove Bags today. 1lb ones. 😅 Like there’s a lot of bud in there. But yeah you know, end of an era.

🙂

Nick & Co & Content

An amazing end to a wild ride of lessons! And you can always go gaze at the 57 plants in the other room if you're too nostalgic.
That was last weeks count 😂

& Co likes the look of the cloning business 🤣

Nick

Never stop learning…
OG Master Grower buddy was over Sunday. He told me harvest immediately the last time. This time he said:

a) Let them all ride another week but be prepared to harvest on a moments notice you feel the heat around the corner (well sorta but not exactly like De Niro)

b) Try this. (His Indy through a Mighty + vaporiser)

I took both bits of advice and then immediately bought a Mighty + No more rolling for me. It was great!

Some photos later. Day #52 they’re all just bigger buds. Checked 3 times a day for mould. Being fed a light cocktail with just some cal mag really. Ph’d the water down to the usual though.

Nick & Co

So yeah. Chopping about half tomorrow. We’re agreed. Some of them given just like a mild mix have got upset 🤣

Like I was thinking a few days flush would be good. They have some serious withdrawal symptoms. We’re going to pull anything like that tomorrow and refocus the lights on what’s left. Just chop to colas, not trim fully. Dry for a week. Trim and cure after that. Tomorrow I am very busy away from the house, enjoy & Co and your team 😂

There are some big heavy colas in there. Some have decided to just lay down and bask in the late summer sun.

Missed opportunities and mistakes sure. But there are kilos of bud in there, which is nice. Just need to navigate these last few days.

Nick & Co

So yeah. Chopping about half tomorrow. We’re agreed. Some of them given just like a mild mix have got upset 🤣
Wasn’t sure this morning. My new DecisionAid arrived today. Its really good! After that & Co had a proper inspection of all of them. They’re all great. I had banged some extra stuff in the feed last night. Just being kind to the ones that were gonna stay. Actually put them back on the gas a moment ago.

Nick & Co (Feeling Mighty +)

Wasn’t sure this morning. My new DecisionAid arrived today. Its really good! After that & Co had a proper inspection of all of them. They’re all great. I had banged some extra stuff in the feed last night. Just being kind to the ones that were gonna stay. Actually put them back on the gas a moment ago.

Congratulations on your nomination brother. CL🍀

Good morning :ciao:
Decision aid?
A scope? Battery charger? Hand warmer? :rofl: What is it ?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Its a
Good morning :ciao:
Decision aid?
A scope? Battery charger? Hand warmer? :rofl: What is it ?

Bill284 😎
its a convection and conduction heater with twin cooling things and a mouth piece. Oh and a little dish where you place the dried herb of your choice.

Its quite big. Amazing the flavour enhancement. Just pure terps. (I tried some of my own grown earlier in it so ignore me)

Called a Mighty + and made by a German company. Not aure on linking as its a commercial product but google “Mighty +” and you’ll see their website and reviews. I paid much much less than US list price. But still not cheap. But no more rolling, tobacco and portable, USB charged. Temp controllable. V cool. 🤪😜

Nick

We had a chat after the inspection. We’ve staked some of the more ungainly ones up. We should have done this days ago i stead of me bleating about not training costing. That was stupid, stupid. In 10 minutes we freed up so much airflow and light penetration. I’m going to give them a smorgasbord of nutes in a minute and we’re going to park all ideas of harvest for a few days.

Apologies for my wishy washiness. I jumped the gun. We are “going to ride her til she bucks” as Tin Cup said of the US Open.

Nick & Co

Absolutely crazy amounts of bud in that room mate. I'm sure they will finish strong now, poor & Co and the task that lays ahead of them :rofl:

Absolutely crazy amounts of bud in that room mate. I'm sure they will finish strong now, poor & Co and the task that lays ahead of them :rofl:
Thanks Weff - well the bit about the “crazy amounts” we were going to train the stayers after removing the ones for the chop. Only & Co can physically get to the back where some for concern were so they are seen less. But after that inspection ahe went and chopped some wooden branches (Top Tip - a PVC pipe ratchet cutter is great for trimming branches to height in a grow room) and just freed up some space and freed some space with judicious cable tying. We missed training but we have 3 extra “thrones” as only running 18/21 this grow 😅
There’s also a 35x160m channel on the back wall she could work with.

Think the humidity situation has at least improved after some changes she made. There’s so much space on some of those girls to deliver a lot more weight now.

Its absurd. My mate was here last week and he’d seen the photos and just said nothing prepares you for that!

Nick & Co

Thanks Weff - well the bit about the “crazy amounts” we were going to train the stayers after removing the ones for the chop. Only & Co can physically get to the back where some for concern were so they are seen less. But after that inspection ahe went and chopped some wooden branches (Top Tip - a PVC pipe ratchet cutter is great for trimming branches to height in a grow room) and just freed up some space and freed some space with judicious cable tying. We missed training but we have 3 extra “thrones” as only running 18/21 this grow 😅
There’s also a 35x160m channel on the back wall she could work with.

Think the humidity situation has at least improved after some changes she made. There’s so much space on some of those girls to deliver a lot more weight now.

Its absurd. My mate was here last week and he’d seen the photos and just said nothing prepares you for that!

Nick & Co
Ha I have the very same problem with getting to the back, in a much smaller space mind. Your lucky you have & Co but I know you know that :D

Whats the breeders flowering time, do you know how long you have left approx? You're 9 days ahead of me on this run but your many weeks ahead of me on your next lol.

My mates are impressed with my small 4x4 so I can imagine the awe at seeing your setup!

Ha I have the very same problem with getting to the back, in a much smaller space mind. Your lucky you have & Co but I know you know that :D

Whats the breeders flowering time, do you know how long you have left approx? You're 9 days ahead of me on this run but your many weeks ahead of me on your next lol.

My mates are impressed with my small 4x4 so I can imagine the awe at seeing your setup!
They’re clones so not sure but think at least teo are Dutch Passion. It's mixture of 56-60 and some longer 63-65 2/3 are the shorter. But they have had very full lives! Its just mould is the biggest worry. The Banners were 63 days we went 64. If we went 61we’d have been fine. But very first grow. Most people here thought another 1-2 weeks on Day 61. But they probably assumed I was inspecting better than I was for mould. The next lot I have numbers I trust. Even breakdowns of which week for different effects for two of them.

Graduation Grow though - that’s 8-9 weeks to this point. That’s going to be this environment dialled in. Very excited. But your mates are probably right to love your setup! Its pretty epic for a UK home grow for a guy with a real job and having to do it stealth!

Mine is industrial chic yours more like the Apple of 4x4 stealth tents.

Nick

We had a chat after the inspection. We’ve staked some of the more ungainly ones up. We should have done this days ago i stead of me bleating about not training costing. That was stupid, stupid. In 10 minutes we freed up so much airflow and light penetration. I’m going to give them a smorgasbord of nutes in a minute and we’re going to park all ideas of harvest for a few days.

Apologies for my wishy washiness. I jumped the gun. We are “going to ride her til she bucks” as Tin Cup said of the US Open.

Nick & Co

Incredible. :welldone:
Good thing you have help.
Great work my friend.
Love the new vape. :thumb:
Does it do concentrates too?

Bill284 😎

Incredible. :welldone:
Good thing you have help.
Great work my friend.
Love the new vape. :thumb:
Does it do concentrates too?

Bill284 😎
Hey I am just the guy writes the journal. Bit of product testing. 😅

I’m about to pur a video link to a review I found of the vape in my off topic. Seems safer that way for on topic, and keeping Teddy chill.

The guy in the video I agree with everything (stop watching when he moves on to selling you an extra water thing) apart from mine hits 180c in 30 seconds not 3 minutes.

What he doesn’t make clear is its the clearest/cleanest taste ever - I’m smoking our grown and get all the family flavours but then nuts and oak as well. It really accentuates flavour.

Best bit - it burns so efficiently. A standard joint amount, pure say, has so far given thirty blast across 5 people and only burned half. Its potent too. So saves on input.

Seriously impressed. Its great engineering and a nice high. Very controllable with no fuss no muss etc. Got no discount or anything and not affliated. Just a very cool (but birthday/Christmas present type price) treat to smoke with. I can kinda make a case fpr it paying for itself of you smoke a lot because efficiency of burn. Plus its nice so you’ll smoke more 🤣

Nick

Hey I am just the guy writes the journal. Bit of product testing. 😅

I’m about to pur a video link to a review I found of the vape in my off topic. Seems safer that way for on topic, and keeping Teddy chill.

The guy in the video I agree with everything (stop watching when he moves on to selling you an extra water thing) apart from mine hits 180c in 30 seconds not 3 minutes.

What he doesn’t make clear is its the clearest/cleanest taste ever - I’m smoking our grown and get all the family flavours but then nuts and oak as well. It really accentuates flavour.

Best bit - it burns so efficiently. A standard joint amount, pure say, has so far given thirty blast across 5 people and only burned half. Its potent too. So saves on input.

Seriously impressed. Its great engineering and a nice high. Very controllable with no fuss no muss etc. Got no discount or anything and not affliated. Just a very cool (but birthday/Christmas present type price) treat to smoke with. I can kinda make a case fpr it paying for itself of you smoke a lot because efficiency of burn. Plus its nice so you’ll smoke more 🤣

Nick
Plus you can write it off as a business expense related to product testing and inspection. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom