Nivek's Need to Know Nature - First Grow Journal - 2015

i am posting some pics of some super cropping i did last night and how the plant has reacted 24 hours later,,

P1140407.JPG

quite remarkable actually, how quickly it recovers,, notice how all the tops are bent over facing sideways,, that is from me bending/breaking the branches. here is the plant 24 hrs later, same plant, different angle,,(silly me)

P1140415.JPG

perhaps not the best example, but trust me,, i broke/cropped the heck out of it an it wanted more, so i gave it more and it still bounced back, laughing at me the whole 24 hours. guess i gotta get tougher,, next time,, cheers, nivek,

and again, for this, we do that,,,
P1140411.JPG

thanks peyton, appreciated. a tiny story behind why I was not totally reluctant or intimidated to abuse these plants, last summer I grew two plants outdoors, one main one and another I thought was a male, so I moved the male into a corner way away from the other, I did not kill it and when I harvested it I noticed one lower branch at the back had gotten broken, in the move I quess, and that branch, even though it was at the back, the bottom and near covered over by other garden plants, that broken branch had bigger buds than the rest of that plant. I thought,,, hmmm, how interesting. this long before any research into growing anything. cheers, nivek

Looks great nivek. Super lemon haze is one of the 23 we cultivate. If you have any questions I'm super familiar with that strain. It is a good yielder tight buds and can be heavily fed.

What line of nutrients are you using again?
Are you planning on getting more watts in flower?

Looks good though man. You ever make it to Washington by Bellingham let me know.

a new responsibility in my lab yesterday,, here it is, a super lemon haze youngun poking thru and looking for light. i have some, so we will be fast friends, i know it.

P1140421.JPG

now for the afghani seed i planted to poke through,, ya

i will be updating the lemon as the journal progresses, though not the primary intention of this journal,, cheers, nivek

dutty, thanks pal, i will be all over you with questions, as soon as i figure out what they are. as for the nutes, well, i am still working on that, i have been using some stuff that i had around the house, seeing if anything works,, so far, and i only have one indoor plant to my name, so far i have messed it all up,, i am going heavy on the urine, because it is working,, not heavy doses, just heavy priority,, i bought some miracle grow for the veg side and have to find something better for the flower side, now i have a couple of plants about to be put to flower. i am not really concerned, least at this point, with perfection,, i just want to grow in my knowledge along with the plants.

as for the lights,, i sure am upping the wattage. i have one light panel near built, and have 16 23 watt bulbs in just under a 2foot by 3foot space. i have read or been told to try and get 65 watts per square foot, which i have accomplished. pictures to follow soon,, cheers, nivek.:peace:

and yay, my afghani seed has sprouted,, oh boy...:cheer:

ok, i have been busy in the lab constructing and destructing and all kinds of ucting. the learning curve is never a constant up curve, there are down falls along the way, for rookies, and probably pro's as well.

i had a classic rookie disaster, least a disaster for the poor little afghani sprout i basically murdered. i germinated the little fella in a little pot and had a baby sprout, which i thought would like a bit more light,, well, it did not want a bit more light, and i fried it to a crackly crunch. oops

but i did not waver much,, back on the horse,, and i germinated my one other afghani seed and went one step further and germinated another called 'delahaze'. and they have both sprouted already, so i am back on track. that is besides the 'super lemon haze' sprout i have growing nicely.

the new afghani and delahaze sprouts, 62 hours after burial. hopefully this will not be the last picture of both.

P1140444.JPG

this is the super lemon haze sprout eleven days after planting. looking very cute indeed

P1140446.JPG

if one looks at the tiny whitish dots on the leaves with a loupe they are tiny drops of ? resin ? if that is resin i am harvesting this sucker right now

so i have been busy renovating my flower room, sticking with the original idea, i don't mean it was an original idea, just was my plan all along,, my idea to split the flower room into two 'levels' and btw, i finally did find this idea mentioned in some literature i came across, from australia or similar, just an idea these folks used to save space.

the most concerning issue with this idea is the fact that i have water over electrical, which is not optimum, for some. however with the proper precautions i am sure i can operate this idea safely. so far, i have the top shelf constructed and in use.

P1140424.JPG

four layers of thick plastic angled to the non power side front corner, with the drainage to be perfected at some point,, right now, there is a wanna be drain. screens sit level for the plants.

P1140428.JPG

a very high tech way to hang the light panel, four screws, and the panel can rise up in two inch increments, when i put all the screws in.

then there was the light panel,, big budget stuff and nothing but. 16 23watt cfl's covering just less than six square feet. i am working with what i have been recommended and seems fair to me, 65 watts per square foot,, so, 16 bulbs x 23 watts = 368 watts divided by six square feet = 61 watts per sq foot and my room is just under six sq ft so i am really close to the recommended levels.

P1140429.JPG

the bulbs are two inches away from the panel and the panel get's nothing more than warm when all lit up

P1140436.JPG

i was searching for the perfect wire to build my scrog 'screen' , and though i only looked medium hard, i finally decided to build my own. i did it so fast i did not get any pictures of the construction, but there it is, up and running

P1140440.JPG

still some work to go but the plants are now in the flower room, and i have some room in my veg room now, for my babies

a bit of 'defoliation' before becoming permanent fixtures in the flower room. much more to come soon

P1140432.JPG

curious if these leaves are of any use for anything at all? for butter?

i have another great example of super cropping recovery to show. i should have taken a picture first but did not. trust me when i tell you the stalks were all standing straight up in a nice tight bunch, 'were' being the word of note. these are the next generation clones of the two plants in the flower room

P1140441.JPG

one can see in the detail some of the bones even sticking out of the breaks,, oops,, that had to hurt ,,

P1140442.JPG

i hear you calling me a bully, but fear not, only fourteen hours later , this,

P1140443.JPG

again, the plant is asking for more,, loves the heck out of it

peyton, i am still not convinced that the dots are not resin. i know the resin comes from inside the plant, well actually, i don't 'know' that. but i think there is resin inside the plant constantly, somekind,, i have a pic up higher of a resin bubble, and it was surely sticky resin, and i have seen the glistening on even the big fan leaves,, tiny drops of resin, i think,, it is there and i think that is why it is usable for butter and such, trace amounts,, even in brand new babies,, my thinking anyway,, cheers

this is the super lemon haze sprout eleven days after planting. looking very cute indeed

P1140446.JPG

if one looks at the tiny whitish dots on the leaves with a loupe they are tiny drops of ? resin ? if that is resin i am harvesting this sucker right now

They are Capitate Sessile, little tiny trichomes that appear on immature plants you can't see the stalk because they are literally one cell tall. and they do produce cannabinoids. But you want the big ones, Capitate-stalked glands, they are the large ones that appear during maturing and flowering.

They are Capitate Sessile, little tiny trichomes that appear on immature plants you can't see the stalk because they are literally one cell tall. and they do produce cannabinoids. But you want the big ones, Capitate-stalked glands, they are the large ones that appear during maturing and flowering.

well I am surely going to run with that explanation, and what a fine explanation it was, and thank you chemist. how can one disagree with a chemist about a topic like that? very interesting indeed and of course I was one quarter kidding about harvesting now. sillies. another week or two first maybe. cheers, nivek

Addictive isn't it, more fun that a barrel of monkeys. The final product is awesome but growing is half the fun, having your own is very satisfying. I recommend saving one of those supe lemon hazes for this spring outdoors. It will blow you away. Under the sun does not compare to under lights. And with all that root space you will have a stellar yield.

well I am surely going to run with that explanation, and what a fine explanation it was, and thank you chemist. how can one disagree with a chemist about a topic like that? very interesting indeed and of course I was one quarter kidding about harvesting now. sillies. another week or two first maybe. cheers, nivek

your a funny guy Nivek, I knew you were kidding :)

Back
Top Bottom