Nivek's Need to Know Nature - First Grow Journal - 2015

dutty, my lab/room is in my studio, my studio is where I live nearly, my cats are an integral part of my studio. I could not imagine it out here without them. I guess I can see why cats and plants could be a problem, I will be extra carefull, UT they roam freely in my tiny lab, only when I am here, they have looked at the dirt, never a hint of further interest. if they do though, look out, I will dutty them a good one,, cheers

Sorry, this was a duplicate post.

Instead, let me congratulate you on the harvest of your first indoor plant. You are now officially spoiled. Growing your own is a blessing and a curse. I haven't been satisfied with open market goods ever since my first meager harvest of a plant I adopted halfway through its life, before I had any idea what I was doing. There's nothing like smoking what you grew yourself.

Should be a real up high, I like mine to flower Looonngg Cause I need it to be a lot more mellow. I just finished a Couple Sweet Chunks I let one go an extra 10 days just to see what the difference in letting this cultivar go a little longer. Plus they were on the larger side so I find they are a little slower when they are larger.

i wish you were too dutty, i would love to share a bowl/joint/beer with you,, well you could have your own beer, cheers

it is a real buzz smoking ones own indeed, as it is eating ones own garden grown tomato and smelling ones own home grown rose, very satisfying, a labour of love, can be a personal thing, and is for me, and me missus,, though she is not so interested in the lab grow, not the technical stuff anyway. we are most fortunate to live in an extremely fertile area and we love to watch things grow. we have a huge outdoor mostly flower and veg garden, and i can swear to this,, one best love it or one is going to hate it

we love it, cheers, nivek

so, update time for the journal and all else /lab/grow related. first things first,, what is a studio without a studio cat? well, it is of course a studio. but empty,, so mr. slate and dottie keep me company out here a lot. we are not sure why they like it out here so much but we do smoka da weed out here so maybe they lika? they do look a bit buzzed,, haha

P1140457.JPG

updated photo of the super lemon haze, at exactly 14 days since buried.

P1140463.JPG

the afghani sprout 6 days since burial

P1140462.JPG

and last but not least, the delahaze, 6 days as well

P1140461.JPG

i think i can see some real differences in the leaf structure of the two last ones, the afghani pure indica (supposedly), the delahaze predominately sativa (supposedly),

interesting

well i have no problem getting over the border so maybe a road trip this summer, one never knows,,,

the journal subjects, unknown strain i call them, C1 and C2, they are 3rd generation clones, and the first and second one i did. they are one week tonight into 48 hrs of dark and the 12/12 lighting. no signs yet that i know of but i need to brush up on what the signs are. the canopy is starting to form,,

P1140467.JPG

i have several issues in this room since renovated. heat, air movement, humidity. all manageable i think, with time, and effort, and helpful ideas, and another bowl of this

P1140453.JPG

this is what i harvested last night

P1140468.JPG

that is all there was, because i did it all wrong

and then there is the D1 and D2 clones,, fourth generation clones, same roots/history way back as the rest, super cropped, defoliated, abused, traumatized, and loving every minute of it

P1140466.JPG
P1140464.JPG

i super cropped one branch on the lower pic tonight and it snapped like paul bunyan did it, bones sticking out everywhere,, but i bet it will, no, i know it will be fine tomorrow, cheers, nivek

and then there is the youngest clone, sole survivor of the three posted about above, fourth generation as well but cloned a bit more than 3 weeks later,, it was cloned new years day, 28 days ago,, and, well, it's a keeper. i transplanted it to a bigger pot tonight and roots galore

P1140465.JPG

i have a lot going on in here, least for me,, wow,, going to be overwhelmed soon.. anyone know of a good relaxant??

cheers, nivek

sue, thanks for the honest answer,, i think our thinking is similar along the safety lines,, i am just trying to get an idea how comfortable folks are with all these lights and cords and plants and water and heat and air and who knows what else,, all, least for me, in a fairly small space. bit i also see tons of tutorial ideas that i would never do, even with my limited knowledge, and to be honest even some in the cfl tutorial you mentioned. all those connections and lights hanging down, sheesh, scares me,

i think i might change the formula i use to calculate how many lights to put in the flower room, the new one is,, cram as many 23 watt cfls into as small a space as possible,, safely...

Make sure you keep Mr Slate and Dottie out of the room when your not there, if something's going to go wrong I bet it will be a cat first, my wifes Bengal has eaten a lot of weed for a cat, not to mention all the other house plants, especially in the winter for whatever reason.
I am sure if he managed to get to my area he would just chomp on everything, shit would be knocked over all over the place cause that's what he does. He knows what I own and like and he sees to it that if its worth it he will rain down some kind of feline fire and brimstone.

yes, but i will think of something to do with it.. i might have a bit too much actually, for what's coming up,, i need to get my cycles down,, i have five stages, the last one being harvest,, only room for 4 other stages, for continuous harvest,, i think i might be two weeks or so off,, i based my timing on erroneous information i assumed was fact,, meaning i calculated the flower portion wrong,, i was counting from when i changed to 12/12 instead of from first flower, so, my timing is off till i get a proper flowering sample, which is starting a week ago, oops, i mean as soon as the plants i put to flower a week ago get the first flower

The sprouts look vigorous, the screen is amazing. I like your style nivek. That's the type of screen I can see myself making. The threading of the rope through wood appeals to the artist in me. I'm always thinking of ways to link wood and rope. :laughtwo: This is going to be fun to watch.

Yummy looking buds nivek. Mmmmm. Next harvest will be better in yield. You obviously improve as you go on.

I've been trying to figure out how to do a perpetual grow. It was my original intent, but now I find I like having everyone at the same stage. It really will come down to how much we can harvest from this grow and a determination of whether it can carry us through to the next harvest, since I'll be dropping new seeds within a day of harvesting. One of the beauties of no-till gardening is no down time.

Lovely studio cats. We moved into a pet-free building nine years ago and for the first time in my life, outside the college years, I don't have a cat around. It leaves a hole in your spirit that only a cat can fill.

:Namaste:

this is why i call this room my studio, because it is a studio,, i do some crazy stuff in here.

i have had to do some transplanting that i was not intending on and again, the timing is terrible. my two journal subjects, C1 and C2, just over one week into flowering, were drying out too quickly. the newly renovated flower room is a bit warm and i am working on cooling it. however, the pots were too small, and the soil is suspect as well, too woody and loose, imo, so i transplanted to one size bigger pot and added better soil. luckily the plants were new permanent fixtures to the grow room and not permanent permanent fixtures, yet.

these two plants were the last i had in the small size anyway, all other plants have been started in the bigger pots. i guess one gallon pots now. worst thing is i did not have two matching pots and now i have imbalance. still feel better though. i think that there is no question these two plants will fill up this little space to the brim,, going to be a virtual vancouver island rain forest in there

my cats have never shown even the slightest inkling to taste my greenies,, they have their own greenies, and prefer them,, but i will be careful

Back
Top Bottom