Nivek's Need to Know Nature - First Grow Journal - 2015

the next issue i can see coming up on the horizon is sexing the sprouts. though i don't mean right now. the lemon haze and the delahaze are feminized, so, is that a guarantee that the plants will be female? or a good chance? and the afghani is 'normal' i guess meaning not feminized. so that i will have to sex for sure

is taking an early clone and setting it right to flower the preferred method for anyone ? is there other ways? guess i will find out soon enough. in the meantime i will just enjoy watching them grow

You can always use the extra that you don't smoke and make budder, actually you can turn a whole plant into budder, and then bake and cook with it, got to tread lightly though I made a batch of budder that was tooo strong sent me over the moon, was a psychedelic experience.

took me a sec to figure out why you typed budder, i get it now, good one. and i have a pail i am saving all of the small stalks and fan leaves, just in case we decide to make 'budder'. i have a separate pail for trimmings. not much in either pail yet.

so i transplanted my two c's and this is the result,, note the imbalance,, and i an not talking about the leaning.

P1140472.JPG

however, the plants love it and they love this room,, 8 days tonight into 48 hrs dark and 12/12 and guess what i discovered when i looked really really close,,
P1140470.JPG

that is indeed a flower,, one can clearly see the pistols, one anyway, other pointed right atcha,, 8 days and flowering, so, my flowering time starts now in my books,, cheers, happy nivek

Oh dear and look at the frost already forming, I wish my new camera would take nice Macros like that, I will have to steal back my old Canon, its old but it did wonderful macros.

ya, i guess so, i did not even notice that, and still had to look when you mentioned it, but there is something there for sure top left and right too, on the older leaves looks like, great eyes canal. i say older leaves but none of those leaves are old, by any means

i wish i had my old camera stuff too, i used to be in the biz a bit, fine art stuff,, big time darkroom guy, which, by the way, is similar in a lot of ways to my grow lab,, i get the same vibe there as there. a very personal space, small though this one is

last night i had to look very hard to find the first flower,, maybe i was looking too hard, maybe things changed overnight, maybe i was dreaming, who knows but this morning i have no problem finding signs of flowering. just yesterday i was searching the net for info on the first signs of flowering, so i could catch it, i could really find no good info on what to look for, till i looked myself at an actual plant,, this is this mornings progress

P1140474.JPG

i bent the branch over to take the photo

I went back and looked again, for more flowering tops and I guess I was lucky to find the first one because on both plants I could not find one other. one little branch, so far ahead, I wonder if there is a reason or does one branch just have to be first? another q for science

Very clean set up man, thanks for stopping by my new grow . I will be following yours for sure.

cheers dchannn,, that's a lotto n's,, good luck with your venture, i will be taking a look in and learning along witcha, iffin y'all don't mind, cheers

i had an interesting idea for covering the opening of my flowering bench with reflective material and browsing in a church flea market i paid two dollars and got my chance to try my idea out today.

i had been using an old car windshield reflector that i have been cutting up since i started the rooms. there is near none left now,, cut up for this and that, ever smaller and more useless. no more

P1140479.JPG

luckily my room is 36 inches wide and the blind is 33 inches,, fit's like a glove, and works like a charm. i can leave it up a bit for air flow or up a bit more for a bit more or a bit more for even a bit more,, so fun. i got to buy two for two dollars too,, so i can use the other for my lower level

P1140480.JPG

ah, borat again. alls I think of when I hear that name is his onsey bathing suit or whatever. oh boyyy.

I have kinda avoided even calling my plants, she, the girls, etc or anything too personal. it will be hard enough already to cut them down. I have had my hands on my plants much more than I have on my wife lately,..... cheers wife

Ha the chop will get easier as you realize they live to provide like a farm animal, they will die with or without you. The best you can do is grow them well, and remember them when you consume there cured flowers.

I just wanted to tell a marijuana related story. me and the missus did a once in several lifetimes trip a few years ago, for a few years.

while staying in Mexico, Rincon DE guiabitos, silly tablet, we pulled our 5th wheel trailer into a lot a fellow had in the back of his little apartment building. all we could find. the owner had a couple of locals working for him cleaning up, cutting down coconuts so they did fall on the gringos and other menial jobs. the owner did not have much nice to say, later, about those two 'cocaine sniffing tequila drinking rubbies', ( kinda his words).

anyway, we pulled in, got set up and I took my guitar outside to play, like I like to do, and these two fellas came over and just could not get enough of this. not because of my great playing, trust me. we gave them a beer and sang them a few songs. they were literally rolling around in the dirt and grass, I guess why, still not sure why, just happy I guess.

to make a long story longer, I thought, because I like to smoka da weed, and we had none because we just entered Mexico recently, I thought maybe I would ask thes two fellas. so I did. even though I spoke next to zero Spanish and they spoke zero English, I was not difficult to get my question across. sure, they said.

I gave them 200pesos, twenty dollars, and they left

we never saw them for a few days, but we were in town for a month so we were not worried. one day we were walking in town and we ran into the two and some of their pals. they were so happy to see us and we met their friends etc. they asked us th wait for five minutes and when he came back he pulled out this bag and kinda stuffed it in my belly to hide. I figured out what was going on and hid the package, though I barely could it was so big.

we hurried home and in our trailer open up a bag about a half pound of buds anyone would be very proud of. it was a very pleasant experience indeed, cheers, nivek

Wow, $20 a half pound, that is some experience man. I would have been kissing my money good by after the first day, $20 is not a lot to lose though I would have done the same thing for sure.

Thanks for sharing that.

i noticed the stalk of my super lemon haze almost 'splitting' its skin on the stalk,, the little wimpy fuzzy baby skin is being shed and a harder, more permanent skin is replacing it,, least looks that way to me. definitely much 'firmer of a stalk now, all of a sudden

P1140482.JPG

or, my super lemon haze has some awful ailment,, one or the other, cheers

How odd and interesting. Let's watch and see.

thanks sue, about the painting. the latest passion in my life, well, till indoor gardening anyway

Back
Top Bottom