Obi's Northern Light Autoflower - Indoor T5 - Soilless Mix - 2014

Thanks everyone for the kind words. You're gonna make me blush.

I've made my fair share of mistakes in this grow. No doubt about it. Yet, I feel pretty good about what I have accomplished during my first time through. I owe many thanks to the members here and appreciate the great info all of you share.

I have a few weeks to go and I'm keenly aware that things could still go wrong. I'm not out of the weeds yet [rimshot].

Here are a few pics of Page and a few nugs I pulled off last night. She grew much taller than the rest, has huge internodal spacing and is a couple weeks ahead of the class as far as maturity goes. I harvested her top and middle, leaving the smaller younger side flowers to mature for another week or so.

/Obi

Very very nice plants with those amber at the bottom the main cola is sure to be ready they ripen further while dryin altho yeaa mate they dry out to near nothing 1ounce wet will be under half that dry :( but nice potent stuff enjoy :bong: may the force be with you :bong:

Great job Obi, loving the buds! I'm still about 39 days out for my Kosher Kush and about 28 days out for my Silver Surfer Haze and I'm already antsy because they are starting to look like something.

Journal Update
06/15/2014
Total Days: 78
Flowering Days: 46

Watered
36hr tap water pH 5.2
Runoff 6.0 (good grief)

I am encouraged to let the remaining plants ripen for as long as possible to further promote the body effects of this strain.

I've been sampling some of Page's nugs as they dry. Just some samplings of the small harvest I took a few days ago. It's nice. A little more cerebral than I anticipated but overall quite nice. This NL auto has more of a mood lifting element than I am used to. During the day I felt happy, motivated and able to get things done around the house and outside. With that being said and even with the cerebral lift it does work well for night time use. It's a nice balance for me. Mood lifting during the day and sleep inducing at night. I would say this NL leans more towards night time use, though. The muscle relaxation is apparent early on. This strain hits me in the head and legs right away.

The effect duration is still a consistent 3 hours for me with a very gradual and gentile come down that takes about an hour. It's very comfortable and easy to maintain.

I'll post some thoughts on my mini harvest and dry shortly.

/Obi

Pack a bong with NL.smoke,then spark up a joint:bongrip: you wont get much done about the house.your face should be hanging around your kitchen cupboards not long after:rofl: crisps,sweets and plenty of junk:smokin:

Thoughts on the mini harvest

I cut perhaps half of the main stem from Page. This gave me her top main cola and a couple branches. The remaining plant went back in the grow box under the lights to continue to ripen.

My mini harvest project had a few interwoven missions:

• Practice trimming
  • Gauge how long trimming multiple plants might take
  • Determine how long it takes for flowers to dry in my grow box environment
  • Study how flower size and weight change as they dry

The trimming was fun. Hey, this was my first time after all! The novelty will probably quickly wear off with a full size harvest :) but I learned a lot! I found myself getting a little too eager with the clippers and started cutting nugs off the main branch forgetting that I wanted to leave them on for hang drying. One noteworthy trimming fact to be aware of is the sticky sap like substance from the plants fresh cut areas. Smells great. Doesn't come off your bare hands. After multiple hand washes and a shower I still had sticky spot on my finger nail that I had to scrape off, lol.

I hung my little main cola and a few nugs in the grow box. It's not optimal considering I'm still growing in there but I gotta do what I gotta do. I currently have no other option other than to hang dry in the grow box. Temp at the top of the box peaks at about 77F/25C. RH is @ 42%. Air circulation is adequate. However it's only dark for 6 hours a day :/ The drying lines are well above the T5 so any light is indirect. Once dry, the flowers will be jarred with Boveda 62's and placed in a dark, cool place.

Day 1 drying: Not a lot of observable change. Too wet for grinder.
Day 2 drying: A little less sticky when squeezed. Visible shrinkage, perhaps 25%. Too wet for grinder.
Day 3 drying: A little bit more shrinkage, maybe 10%. Outside edges of flowers feel dry but I can sense the internal moisture. Stems bend sharply but do not break. One more day may cause excessive dryness. Just barely too wet for grinder. About 1/3 falls into grinder catch and 2/3 is too wet to fall through. It grinds but ultimately sticks to itself due to high internal moisture level.

Day 3 drying/jarring: The largest bud had lost 74% of it's weight due to water loss and a little hanging stem trim. The bud size (width) decreased in total by about 40-50% (unmeasured guess). I felt the main bud was within 12 hours of jarring and I currently had the opportunity to get it done. I did a final little stem trim and popped the main and a couple larger buds into a small jar along with an 8g Boveda 62 pack. They are resting comfortably in a dark spot at about 66F/19C.

/Obi

Oh. Hey. By the way, I acquired these seeds yesterday...

Cheers,
/Obi
:thumb:

I'd like to change the light spectrum back to veg when the new beans pop. I'll have to complete this grow to do that. I'll probably get things started in about 3-4 weeks.

/Obi
:peace:

You are doing good. You dont seem to need my help as much anymore but I will still stick around just in case you need me. Good job

All though this grow is starting to wind down I still have a little time to mess things up, lol. I appreciate all of the wisdom and suggestions. Please feel free to drop by anytime :)

Total Days: 81 (11 weeks)
Flowering Days: 49 (7 weeks)

Today marks the start of the breeder's suggested week 7-9 harvest window. Most of my plants have a solid week or more to go yet. I could probably harvest the remainder of Page and all of Marge any time now. A couple more plants are at least a week out I think, and yet a couple more perhaps 2 weeks out.

I'm having fun checking trichomes every few days, sampling fresh and dried flowers now and then and absorbing all I can while watching these plants finish up.

Here is a quick pic from last night:

/Obi

Back
Top Bottom