Olddog Newtricks First Grow White Widow Indoor Soil LED

I’m actually a little concerned with the WW’s at the moment. They’ve been a little too droopy, and not growing as fast as it seems they should compared to my blueberry cheese. The cheese was planted a week after the WW’s but have blown past these girls.
Seems like the droop is more severe before lights out so, I started turning the lights off an hour earlier and went from a 4/20 cycle to 6/18.
Pots were pretty light yesterday but I was busy and didn’t get to water them. FF schedule calls for a sledgehammer flush around now so, that’s my plan today. A full watering with sledgehammer to break up any salt buildup.
6/18, you mean 18 on and 6 off right? Auto's and photo's kind of don't compare so you can't go with that. I don't anyway. Droop is usually over or under watering. I noticed you have a handle on that it seems. Maybe the sledgehammer will do what it says and bring them back to praying strong.

6/18, you mean 18 on and 6 off right? Auto's and photo's kind of don't compare so you can't go with that. I don't anyway. Droop is usually over or under watering. I noticed you have a handle on that it seems. Maybe the sledgehammer will do what it says and bring them back to praying strong.
Yeah I’m not seeing deficiencies but, they aren’t happy. They need water now. Was going to wait for lights out but, I’m not gonna make em wait 9 more hours. Maybe they will perk up after.

IMG_3040.jpeg

Go ahead and water them, they're not going to get upset at you. ☺️ If anything I have found they prefer to be watered in the mornings instead of evenings. I find evening watering can actually encourage root rot. Plants don't tend to soak water up at night the same way they drink in the daytime. Always keep the basics in play. 😉

Go ahead and water them, they're not going to get upset at you. ☺️ If anything I have found they prefer to be watered in the mornings instead of evenings. I find evening watering can actually encourage root rot. Plants don't tend to soak water up at night the same way they drink in the daytime. Always keep the basics in play. 😉
Makes sense, maybe I’ll start watering them during the day and see how they like it.

I don’t know what’s going on with these girls. They droop horribly before lights out. They do pick up after lights on but, they aren’t as perky as they were. Now I’m seeing a tiny bit of burnt tips. The only thing I can think of is that last week after I fed, I was using a baster and sucking up the runoff to get it out of the drip pan and I squirted it back into the pot like I had done in the past. I decided to check the runoff TDS and it was crazy high. I realized some of the runoff was drying in the pan and getting concentrated only to be re emulsified when I fed again, this cycle over time, made that stuff in the pan quite hot.
Yesterday, I watered with the fox farm’s sledgehammer, and I guess my course of action will be to skip feeding this week and instead in a couple days, when they are ready for water, they will get only water ph’d at 6.5 and I’ll see where the TDS is at.
This is all assuming I’m diagnosing this correctly.
A little expert grower input would be quite welcome @OGpapa @Roy Growin @StoneOtter @Bill284 @Grand Daddy Black and whoever else might want to share their 2 cents lol
Thanks for any and all advice

IMG_3048.jpeg

IMG_3049.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3051.jpeg

IMG_3052.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_3054.jpeg

Maybe just give them clear water for a week? I don't know much about the science, however, if I felt I overdid my plants, id completely flush them with clear water. A gallon each for sure. Let it drip n drain over night. Clean slate. Then leave the plants be for a week (4-6 days?). No water no nutes. Just let whatever drain away or grow away. And let the soil dry enough not like crispy or anything lol.. then in that morning, wake them up, and slowly Introduce fresh water. Then a slither of a week and do your feeding. Maybe half of what the reg suggests. That's just my input. Otherwise I think your plants are nice in thick, very pretty, like elegant exotic feathers.

Ok let's get started. There's a lot going on.

The droop. Looks like a claw. The claw of over watering. You can see the leaves still holding water.

Droopy from being to dry is completely different, more like wilty limp.

What is your current conditions temp humidity in the room, what's your light settings and height..

To much, light or light that's to close can cause stress also.

I personally never use runoff, on my plants. In the garden, different story. It has such high concentrations of salt from running thru your soil. The tip burn is usually associated with nutrient burn. Not a bad thing to see, feeding your plant heavy. Just watch to make sure it doesn't get worse. If so back it down a little.

The sludge hammer was a good action. I would definitely stick. To pH water only till you feel comfortable 6.3 - 6.5 is what I try to stick with.

But let that soil breathe for a minute, your roots will appreciate it. The plant should bounce back with a little love!

You got this! 😁

Maybe just give them clear water for a week? I don't know much about the science, however, if I felt I overdid my plants, id completely flush them with clear water. A gallon each for sure. Let it drip n drain over night. Clean slate. Then leave the plants be for a week (4-6 days?). No water no nutes. Just let whatever drain away or grow away. And let the soil dry enough not like crispy or anything lol.. then in that morning, wake them up, and slowly Introduce fresh water. Then a slither of a week and do your feeding. Maybe half of what the reg suggests. That's just my input. Otherwise I think your plants are nice in thick, very pretty, like elegant exotic feathers.
Well, that makes me feel better cuz, that was pretty much my only plan at this point. I watered em heavy with the sledgehammer. They were pretty dry, they normally take right at a half a gallon each and this time each one took just shy of a gallon. I watered really slow and took breaks to give it time to soak thoroughly.
I’ll dry em out again and do another heavy water only and check the runoff just to see what it shows. Thanks!

Ok let's get started. There's a lot going on.

The droop. Looks like a claw. The claw of over watering. You can see the leaves still holding water.

Droopy from being to dry is completely different, more like wilty limp.

What is your current conditions temp humidity in the room, what's your light settings and height..

To much, light or light that's to close can cause stress also.

I personally never use runoff, on my plants. In the garden, different story. It has such high concentrations of salt from running thru your soil. The tip burn is usually associated with nutrient burn. Not a bad thing to see, feeding your plant heavy. Just watch to make sure it doesn't get worse. If so back it down a little.

The sludge hammer was a good action. I would definitely stick. To pH water only till you feel comfortable 6.3 - 6.5 is what I try to stick with.

But let that soil breathe for a minute, your roots will appreciate it. The plant should bounce back with a little love!

You got this! 😁
“The droop. Looks like a claw. The claw of over watering. You can see the leaves still holding water.”

I thought it looked like overwatering as well but, they have had a full dry cycle since they started doing this. I weigh my pots and normally water when they are under 11lbs. They were just under 10lbs this last go, and were still droopy.

“What is your current conditions temp humidity in the room, what's your light settings and height..”

Temp is 69 night and exhaust fan is set to come on at 78 give or take a degree
I brought the humidity down to 55 but during lights off it tends to be hard to keep it under 70
I should probably throttle my fans up to keep the nighttime humidity lower.
Lights are at 16” at 80% if I remember right I’m at 650 PAR I’ll check again when the lights come on.

“The sludge hammer was a good action. I would definitely stick. To pH water only till you feel comfortable 6.3 - 6.5 is what I try to stick with.”

I ph everything @6.3-6.5 every time. Although now that you mention it. My last feed I started feeding and realized I hadn’t Ph’d it. I stopped and corrected what I hadn’t poured in. It was probably 5.5, then corrected to 6.5. It didn’t reach runoff so, I added some straight RO water on top of that that was probably close to 8.0
So yeah, between the hot runoff recycling and butchering the ph on that last feed, it’s pretty clear this was self inflicted lol.

It seems like you've already had it figured out also. It's nice just to toss it around. Everything looks good, control the humidity. Depending on what plant, what pot, pot size, soil type and how old, I have some 45ish days old take 5-7 days to fully dry. I have others literally watered every 48hrs.

Depending on your soils moisture retention, you might be holding more water than what you think.

Have you checked out @Emilya Green proper way to water thread? Sometimes it's the most simple thing

It seems like you've already had it figured out also. It's nice just to toss it around. Everything looks good, control the humidity. Depending on what plant, what pot, pot size, soil type and how old, I have some 45ish days old take 5-7 days to fully dry. I have others literally watered every 48hrs.

Depending on your soils moisture retention, you might be holding more water than what you think.

Have you checked out @Emilya Green proper way to water thread? Sometimes it's the most simple thing
Yeah, her guide was my only source when I started. I wish I’d have weighed the pots in the beginning but, at 10-11 lbs, these pots feel ultra light. A gallon of water is 8lbs. A 5 gallon fabric pot full of soil and a plant in it @ 10lbs has gotta be pretty dam dry. I started by weighing them twice a day and watching how much they lost. Once numbers stopped going down as fast, I kinda figured they were ready for water. I’d have to look at my notes but for me that seemed to be around 11 lbs.

I have a completely unrelated noob question if you don’t mind answering.
Being new at this I’m pretty clueless.
I have 2 different grows with 2 different strains under 2 different lights and was wondering what the primary factor was in why these plants are growing so different. The WW’s here are short and crazy dense, where the blueberry cheese are growing hella faster, taller, and more open. Is this more strain related or light related, and which is more desirable?
Seems the taller and more open is a lot easier to work with and you have less issues with moisture but, I see a lot of people stoked about short internodal spacing and dense foliage.
I have both, but don’t know why or which is more preferred.

Breathe.. 🥰.. you've got this.
Thanks!
I’m not panicking yet, lol just keeping an eye on things and trying to get in front of problems rather than dealing with larger issues later.
This whole grow is strictly for my education.
It’s one reason I chose autos, no training or anything crazy. Just plant em, water em, stick to a predetermined feed chart then watch and learn. I don’t mind having issues (I really do) as long as I have people like you guys to educate me as to what’s happening and why.
My appreciation of y’all is real and immense!

Yeah, her guide was my only source when I started. I wish I’d have weighed the pots in the beginning but, at 10-11 lbs, these pots feel ultra light. A gallon of water is 8lbs. A 5 gallon fabric pot full of soil and a plant in it @ 10lbs has gotta be pretty dam dry. I started by weighing them twice a day and watching how much they lost. Once numbers stopped going down as fast, I kinda figured they were ready for water. I’d have to look at my notes but for me that seemed to be around 11 lbs.

I have 2 different grows with 2 different strains under 2 different lights and was wondering what the primary factor was in why these plants are growing so different. The WW’s here are short and crazy dense, where the blueberry cheese are growing hella faster, taller, and more open. Is this more strain related or light related, and which is more desirable?
Seems the taller and more open is a lot easier to work with and you have less issues with moisture but, I see a lot of people stoked about short internodal spacing and dense foliage.
They're character differences could be as simple as one being more indica an one being more sativa. Hybrids can show a variation.
I treat each of my plants as individuals. Yet I treat them the same for the mostly.
Sativa is good for daytime smoking.. kinda gives ya happy feet. Then indica is what you look forward to when you're looking to green out. 😆

Different strains. Would be my first guess. I've had even the same strain act completely different. It all depends on what your looking for, there is so many designer options now. You can literally pick and choose your plants now. Are both the lights the same?

Short and bushy leads me to think Indica, the other I would say other probably hybrid.

Screenshot_20240220_111434_LaserPecker.jpg

types-weed-sativa-indica-hybrid-600w-2020088669.jpg

KM_Blog_1019_IndicaSativaStrains_sub_4typesBW.png

Thanks y’all!

Back
Top Bottom