Olddog Newtricks First Grow White Widow Indoor Soil LED

Different strains. Would be my first guess. I've had even the same strain act completely different. It all depends on what your looking for, there is so many designer options now. You can literally pick and choose your plants now. Are both the lights the same?

Short and bushy leads me to think Indica, the other I would say other probably hybrid.

Screenshot_20240220_111434_LaserPecker.jpg

types-weed-sativa-indica-hybrid-600w-2020088669.jpg

KM_Blog_1019_IndicaSativaStrains_sub_4typesBW.png
No, the lights are different
One is a spider farmer sf2000 (not real happy with the coverage but, has a higher par capability)
The other on the blueberry cheese is a growers choice roi e200 which came highly recommended by my local hydro store

I don’t know what’s going on with these girls. They droop horribly before lights out. They do pick up after lights on but, they aren’t as perky as they were. Now I’m seeing a tiny bit of burnt tips. The only thing I can think of is that last week after I fed, I was using a baster and sucking up the runoff to get it out of the drip pan and I squirted it back into the pot like I had done in the past. I decided to check the runoff TDS and it was crazy high. I realized some of the runoff was drying in the pan and getting concentrated only to be re emulsified when I fed again, this cycle over time, made that stuff in the pan quite hot.
Yesterday, I watered with the fox farm’s sledgehammer, and I guess my course of action will be to skip feeding this week and instead in a couple days, when they are ready for water, they will get only water ph’d at 6.5 and I’ll see where the TDS is at.
This is all assuming I’m diagnosing this correctly.
A little expert grower input would be quite welcome @OGpapa @Roy Growin @StoneOtter @Bill284 @Grand Daddy Black and whoever else might want to share their 2 cents lol
Thanks for any and all advice

IMG_3048.jpeg

IMG_3049.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3051.jpeg

IMG_3052.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_3054.jpeg
Hey buddy :ciao:
I agree with @OGpapa she is overwatered.
Big thick droopy leaves.
I'd let her dry right out before feeding anything.
Then make sure you observe the dry cycle between feeding.
She should bounce back.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

You do got this!
So when you're letting them dry out, something I've learned is to not let them go more than 3 days without a little top water. Much more time than that will put you in a swing of too much/too little water. If I think mine want more than 3 days off water I give them just enough top water so those already dry roots don't die up top. Maybe a couple cups in a ten gallon. Then you can feel good about drying out down below another day or two if needed.

Different strains. Would be my first guess. I've had even the same strain act completely different. It all depends on what your looking for, there is so many designer options now. You can literally pick and choose your plants now. Are both the lights the same?

Short and bushy leads me to think Indica, the other I would say other probably hybrid.

Screenshot_20240220_111434_LaserPecker.jpg

types-weed-sativa-indica-hybrid-600w-2020088669.jpg

KM_Blog_1019_IndicaSativaStrains_sub_4typesBW.png
I'm gonna have to confiscate these pictures here for myself.. 😇

I'm still learning my way around this site so pardon me if i speak out of place. Does anyone not teach folks to lift the pot to feel the weight besides doing a calendar of when to water?
That’s what I’m doing but, I actually put them on a scale. The problem I’m about to run into with that method on my other tent is, I need to scrog net them. You also risk breakage picking them up in a full tent, especially if you have a bunch of big buds on.
It’s for these reasons, my next grow will be a SIP system. I actually have the stuff to build them now but, gotta get through these 2 first.

You do got this!
So when you're letting them dry out, something I've learned is to not let them go more than 3 days without a little top water. Much more time than that will put you in a swing of too much/too little water. If I think mine want more than 3 days off water I give them just enough top water so those already dry roots don't die up top. Maybe a couple cups in a ten gallon. Then you can feel good about drying out down below another day or two if needed.
Sounds like good advice!
Thanks
Right now they seem to be at 4 day intervals but, I expect that to shorten since they are starting to bud.
I could hit these two with a little water while the roots dry more but, they look better today than they have all week so I don’t wanna mess that up.. lol

Pretty different

Screen_Shot_2021-01-27_at_12.30.53_PM_480x480.png

spider-farmer-spider-farmer-sf2000.jpg
For sure.
I’m thinking of replacing the sf2000 with a different bar style light because I like the more even coverage but, the ROI seems a little low on par. I’m thinking about adding side lights to up the par value and increase penetration but, I don’t know what spectrum I would need to make it better for flower. The ROI is advertised as a veg light but, my local hydro store said it would be good for flower as well.
As always, recommendations and opinions welcome

It's simply loving them to death. 🥰
Thanks! They look better today, 9 hours after lights on.
We’ll see how they look this evening.

IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3057.jpeg

I went through another dry cycle then watered again with ph’d RO water. Runoff TDS was 280 on one and 380 on the other. So, really no nutes to burn em.
Since y’all were suggesting they were over watered, despite going through 2 dry cycles, I thought maybe humidity, which I was keeping around 60%. I turned off the humidifier and raised the lights, backing par down to 600.
They look much better, still not as perky as I’d like but, they seem to be building flowers.

IMG_3063.jpeg

IMG_3064.jpeg

IMG_3065.jpeg

IMG_3066.jpeg

I went through another dry cycle then watered again with ph’d RO water. Runoff TDS was 280 on one and 380 on the other. So, really no nutes to burn em.
Since y’all were suggesting they were over watered, despite going through 2 dry cycles, I thought maybe humidity, which I was keeping around 60%. I turned off the humidifier and raised the lights, backing par down to 600.
They look much better, still not as perky as I’d like but, they seem to be building flowers.

IMG_3063.jpeg

IMG_3064.jpeg

IMG_3065.jpeg

IMG_3066.jpeg
Sounds like a good plan my friend. :thumb:
Hope your doing well.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Sounds like a good plan my friend. :thumb:
Hope your doing well.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I’m doin alright, hope you are as well. Just did a quick check on these girls and I think we’ve hit a stretch. I’ll check again in a few hours and get a couple pics.
They are still too droopy for my liking but if they are building buds I guess I should just be happy

Definitely perked up!
Fed heavily @1700 4 days ago and they were wilting last night. Some water and calmag did the trick.
They need some moderate defoliation to clean up the undercarriage and get some of the yellow leaves off. I think they have plenty to spare. That’s tonight’s plan.

IMG_3089.jpeg

IMG_3093.jpeg

IMG_3092.jpeg

Interesting grow, your plants look amazing ! This is the first I've seen someone use Fox Farm Strawberry fields, you dont see many talking about this soil. Looks good to me !
It was suggested to me by my local hydroponic store since I was starting in the final pot. I was told some of the others can be a bit too hot for seedlings. A slurry test showed it at about 470 tds.
Dropped some banana jealousy seeds in for a soak before I left for work this morning, they will be put in strawberry fields then transplanted into ocean forest once they come out of the solo cups.
There will be a new journal for that one shortly

Back
Top Bottom