Olddog Newtricks First Grow #2 Blueberry Cheese From Barney's Farm

She will be fine. I keep a nice 6-8 in gap between soil and foliage, give her breathing room. I like watching mine grow naturally, I do very little. It's nice to see each characterize itself. Beautiful plants!
Thank you so much!
These girls have really been trouble free. Perfect for a first grow really.
I am enjoying the natural structure of them as well but, also want to try some quadlined photos.
What really surprises me is the difference in shape color and size when compared to the white widows in the other tent. These were planted a week later and are already bigger.
The structure is taller and more open and darker green where the widows are much more densely foliated and brighter green. I assume it’s more strain related than lighting. But, it’s cool to watch them grow in their own unique way.
Your praise and appreciation is inspiring!

She will be fine. I keep a nice 6-8 in gap between soil and foliage, give her breathing room. I like watching mine grow naturally, I do very little. It's nice to see each characterize itself. Beautiful plants!
And fine she is!
I’m blown away at how good they look today, simply freaking amazed! The color is incredible!
So absolutely stoked! The leaves are huge, bud sites exploding! This is what I wanted to see when I decided to grow!

IMG_3026.jpeg

IMG_3025.jpeg

IMG_3024.jpeg

Day 33
Marge Maggie and Lisa are kicking @ss in here!

IMG_3036.jpeg

IMG_3039.jpeg

IMG_3038.jpeg

IMG_3037.jpeg

IMG_3033.jpeg

IMG_3035.jpeg

IMG_3034.jpeg

Girls gone wild!
I really didn’t expect them to get this big.
The growth in 5 days just seems crazy to me
3 in a 2x4 was probably a bad idea.
They are so tall I don’t think the bottom flowers will do well but, not sure if I should trim them.
The branches are nice and thick but, should I use the scrog net anyway?
Any advice or opinions welcome!

IMG_3044.jpeg

IMG_3047.jpeg

IMG_3046.jpeg

IMG_3045.jpeg

Onward and upward!
Building buds and still stretching a bit.
No complaints from me on this one!

IMG_3067.jpeg

IMG_3070.jpeg

IMG_3069.jpeg

IMG_3068.jpeg

This set of autos look like they enjoy your setup more than those WW autos. Very happy plants and healthy. I've got a WW cross that's a pissy mess i'm curious if the WW crosses are just finicky?
Folks use to say WW is the easiest most carefree plant to start with, my luck has been the same as yours. And winter grows are much harder for me than early summer indoors in fabric pots. Don't loose hope with those WW you got alot of good knowledge coming at you about the grow.

This set of autos look like they enjoy your setup more than those WW autos. Very happy plants and healthy. I've got a WW cross that's a pissy mess i'm curious if the WW crosses are just finicky?
Folks use to say WW is the easiest most carefree plant to start with, my luck has been the same as yours. And winter grows are much harder for me than early summer indoors in fabric pots. Don't loose hope with those WW you got alot of good knowledge coming at you about the grow.
Yeah, not sure what pissed em off lol but, they are getting a new light soon.
One of these gals is showing some slight sign of what I believe is a cal mag deficiency. It’s not bad and only one plant but, they get fed here in a few hours and I’ll add I little cal mag to the mix for good measure

They are finally slowing down with the stretching and starting to stack. Need so moderate defoliation on the lower branches but, still looking good!

IMG_3090.jpeg

IMG_3091.jpeg

Stretch seems to be slowing down and the buds are getting fatter!

IMG_3104.jpeg

IMG_3102.jpeg

IMG_3103.jpeg

New pic update!
We’ve got a couple leaves turning yellow so, hopefully they are just concentrating on bud building and don’t need this leaves anymore?
They didn’t seem to mind the trim job and still havent missed a beat..

IMG_3110.jpeg

I have the same questions on these as I do on the other grow. I have a few leaves going yellow but, the majority, especially around the buds still look great. Are these girls trying to finish up or do I need to hit em heavier with feed?

IMG_3123.jpeg

IMG_3124.jpeg

IMG_3125.jpeg

IMG_3126.jpeg

IMG_3127.jpeg

IMG_3128.jpeg

IMG_3129.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, these have been a dream to grow.
Buds are getting fat!
Just ordered some yo-yo’s. The buds are getting heavy and making the branches sag and sway.
Showing a touch of color on the pistils but, no amber on the trics… a couple weeks more?

73214530143__391ADFBB-F055-4EB2-852D-0B2EFD9B753D.jpeg

73214526424__3548EEC8-28A8-4828-BA9E-141BE2F57270.jpeg

73214517206__05008716-46ED-493F-AABA-6BDF56E33044.jpeg

IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3157.jpeg

IMG_3158.jpeg

IMG_3159.jpeg

IMG_3161.jpeg

IMG_3160.jpeg

I need some handholding here as these girls finish up.
Being autos, they have pretty much outran the feeding schedule from Fox Farm.
This being my first grow I’m not confident in when to harvest.
Should I stick to the schedule or skip ahead to the finishing weeks?
my next feeding should be week 8 on this schedule but, I know they don’t have 4 or 5 weeks left.
Can you tell by the pics about how much time I should expect them to take?
They look cloudy to me but, I don’t see any amber yet and the pistils are starting to change color.
Any help this noob can get is appreciated!
Posting the same questions with different pictures of my other strain in the appropriate journal… link in sig.

IMG_3173.jpeg

IMG_3171.jpeg

IMG_3167.jpeg

IMG_3168.jpeg

Yeah, Lisa is definitely going to finish first. Just gave them the last big feed and I guess I’ll play it day by day now.

IMG_3175.jpeg

IMG_3177.jpeg

IMG_3181.jpeg

Another pic dump. Lisa looks close maybe 70% brown pistils but still no amber in the trics. Baby Maggie who was the smallest palest seed is by far the tallest and is coming in right behind Lisa. Marge is slowly getting some color in her trics.
Skipped the straight water and gave em another feed tonight (week 9 on the above chart) and added some cal mag. Depending how they look tomorrow Lisa may have had her last meal.
I’m really happy with the yield on these three. I think the yellowing is probably typical at this point? But with no experience to go off of, I’m doing a lot of guessing.. lol

IMG_3189.jpeg

IMG_3190.jpeg

IMG_3191.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

IMG_3193.jpeg

IMG_3195.jpeg

IMG_3196.jpeg

IMG_3197.jpeg

IMG_3198.jpeg

IMG_3199.jpeg

I’ve got amber trics on some of the leaves but not on the buds yet. Maybe 90% cloudy.
I was hoping to harvest today. Tomorrow will be too busy but, I think Lisa could come down anytime now.

IMG_3249.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

IMG_3247.jpeg

IMG_3244.jpeg

IMG_3239.jpeg

IMG_3231.jpeg

Do you all just chop the whole plant or just the buds that are done and let the stragglers finish up?
I’ll post some pics tomorrow and get y’all’s opinion but, I’m pretty certain that Lisa is ready, and baby Maggie is right behind her.

Lisa’s sugar leaves have a lot of amber not really seeing them on the calyx’s but the trics on the calyx’s are pretty much all cloudy and the pistils are like 90% browned I’m thinking it’s time to chop.
The lower part is obviously further behind.
Is it ok to take the main cola and all the regular colas that are ready and leave the lower stuff to mature along with the other two plants?
I would love some of y’all’s opinions. I’d hate to ruin it at this point.
@OGpapa @JiggiLotus @Lady Cannafan

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Maggie seems closer but stating to foxtail?
I can’t believe how far apart they are in terms of finishing up.. gonna make it hard to dry them if they all need different humidity at different times

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom