Olddog Newtricks First Grow White Widow Indoor Soil LED

Yesterday was the end of week 10 so, these girls should be done time wise. The feeding schedule was not designed for autos so it’s hard to tell where I’m at. If the leaves die back any further, I’m afraid of it ruining the buds. I’d hate to have to harvest early.
If the browning will stop ill
Flush em with some sledgehammer next watering. For now, all I can do is keep an eye on em.

IMG_3210.jpeg

IMG_3211.jpeg

IMG_3212.jpeg

IMG_3213.jpeg

IMG_3214.jpeg

IMG_3215.jpeg

IMG_3216.jpeg

IMG_3217.jpeg

IMG_3219.jpeg

Plants look like hell.
Everything ive read trying to figure out what’s going on just leads to more frustration.
Yellow leaves and burnt tips is either overwatered or underwatered or… or nute burn or nute deficiency… so helpfull .
Gave em another feed @10 on the chart. That’s 3 feeds in a row .. so deficiencies shouldn’t be possible at this point… I don’t expect improvement at this point. Sunday they should be dry again and I’ll flush em and try to drown em with regular ph’d water. That will remove two from the 4 potential problems. They seem to be stalled and buds don’t seem to be maturing that I can tell.
I’ll either burn em down with nutes or drown em, either way I think I’m chopping them down next weekend. Hopefully there’s something left to harvest but, I’m tired of looking at em.

IMG_3227.jpeg

IMG_3228.jpeg

IMG_3229.jpeg

Pots are too small for soil brother..
Plants can thrive in smaller pots. I've had multiple 7+ft plants in 3gal pots. I run a variety of 3-7 gal pots year round, guarantee if you looked at the plants you couldn't tell what size pot. There is a user around here on 420 that grows bangers in solo cups.

Imo as far as living soil goes, (which is far superior to any hydros) bigger is better, stepping up to a living soil bed with at least 350litres is key!
Plants can thrive in smaller pots. I've had multiple 7+ft plants in 3gal pots. I run a variety of 3-7 gal pots year round, guarantee if you looked at the plants you couldn't tell what size pot. There is a user around here on 420 that grows bangers in solo cups.

Heavy nutrient pull during late flower. Some yellowing is normal. Your definitely looking at heavy p and k deficiencies. Take note about when you first noticed it, on your next run bump up p and k.

Screenshot_20240328_220910_Gallery.jpg
Started noticing it about 2 weeks ago. Wish I’d have known earlier what to do, might have been able to save em but, I’m guessing this too late to save them.

Plants look like hell.
Everything ive read trying to figure out what’s going on just leads to more frustration.
Yellow leaves and burnt tips is either overwatered or underwatered or… or nute burn or nute deficiency… so helpfull .
Gave em another feed @10 on the chart. That’s 3 feeds in a row .. so deficiencies shouldn’t be possible at this point… I don’t expect improvement at this point. Sunday they should be dry again and I’ll flush em and try to drown em with regular ph’d water. That will remove two from the 4 potential problems. They seem to be stalled and buds don’t seem to be maturing that I can tell.
I’ll either burn em down with nutes or drown em, either way I think I’m chopping them down next weekend. Hopefully there’s something left to harvest but, I’m tired of looking at em.

IMG_3227.jpeg

IMG_3228.jpeg

IMG_3229.jpeg
That flush may make way for nutes to get to roots! I know your frustration! Buds will be fine. Wish I had the answer.

Plants look like hell.

IMG_3227.jpeg

IMG_3228.jpeg

IMG_3229.jpeg
Don't give up, their almost done. You're gonna cut all the leaves off anyways. 👍💚

Living soil...

20231207_201315.jpg

20231207_201308.jpg

20231203_011937.jpg

20231104_033105.jpg

20231031_012059.jpg
Beautiful plants.

But living soil doesn't make it better, or more superior to other ways.

I run a trash can of Cannibalized soil. It is the epitome of any medium. Straight trash. What your plants like 4ft tall Inside that tent? By the time mine hit flowering, they don't fit in a 5x5 or 4x8 tent. That's a 7ft garage door, or my jeep that's just as big.

You don't see any strings supporting my plants. Just saying. Hijack over sorry @Olddog Newtrick

Beautiful plants.

I run a trash can of Cannibalized soil. It is the epitome of any medium. Straight trash. What your plants like 4ft tall Inside that tent? By the time mine hit flowering, they don't fit in a 5x5 or 4x8 tent. That's a 7ft garage door, or my jeep that's just as big.

You don't see any strings supporting my plants. Just saying. Hijack over sorry @Olddog Newtrick

No worries my man, any and all comments and suggestions are welcome. Those are some great looking plants!
I dig the Jeep as well but, I’m partial.

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1859.jpeg

IMG_1858.jpeg

Living soil...

20231207_201315.jpg

20231207_201308.jpg

20231203_011937.jpg

20231104_033105.jpg

20231031_012059.jpg
Would love to try an LOS grow sometime but, I gotta get through this one first. Are you suggesting that there is some way for these techniques to help me here?

It may just be all in my head but, I would almost say, I think some of the yellowing might be greening a little. The cha-ching I added the last 2 feeds is 9-50-10. I think tomorrow if they are dried back enough, maybe the same feed with some sledgehammer added instead of cal mag?

We are at the end of week 12 above ground so I guess that’s really week 10 if you don’t consider the seedling stage.
Feeding about every 3 days, they haven’t been given a straight watering since the major yellowing. They don’t seem to mind at all. And as long as they keep drinking I’ll keep stuffing nutes in em.
Can’t fix the leaves that burnt but, it seems the browning has stopped and the buds are getting fatter pistils are just starting to turn color maybe 5%.
I’m back to being optimistic, might actually be able to pull of a decent harvest after all!
I thank everyone thats given me help and advice along the way. We aren’t there yet so, keep your fingers crossed but we are for sure looking better.

IMG_3276.jpeg

IMG_3274.jpeg

Pics that didn’t upload the first time

IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_3277.jpeg

Bro the tent is a 4x4 and they almost hit the roof LOL light couldn't go any higher and anyone can veg for weeks and make a huge plant... it's how your buds flower that makes all the difference,, mine are more solid than most hydros or coco grown and the living soil makes a lot more terpenes than synthetic feeds. Feed the soil not the plant..
Beautiful plants.

I'm happy to see you think they're greening up! Cruising for a nice finish now!
I like how you phrased that…it maybe in my own mind, or the yellowest leaves have died and fell off making it look more green by default.. lol
Either way, I KNOW the buds are bigger than they were and that’s really what matters.
I’ve been a bit concerned for a while with the small bud size but, they have taken the constant feedings and put it to good use.
They are big enough now that they may have been worth the trouble they gave me.
If scent and stickiness means anything, I should be happy.
Thanks for all you do fren.

I just went back to the seedsman site and looked at the info on these seeds and it says 10-12 weeks so, we are still late but, no where near as late as I thought.
Some of the lower buds are big but not real dense. I’m going to go look closely at em again today and see if we can harvest.
Happy 420 fam!

Back
Top Bottom