Ooops

Opih8

Hi dudes,
Problems, problems , always effing problems to be resolved !
Latest one - gave seeds to ‘mate’ to germinate as I did not have a green finger for seedlings at all. After 6/7weeks hassling got a Wwidow + Durban in same pot back from him . They were fuckin soaking so I had to wait days for it to dry out b4 repotting it , when I did I found that there was absolutely no way that I could confidently separate the two as they were completely entangled. So one question is what the fuck do I do with them !! They’re in a 25 l pot just now so wouldn’t really be prudent to put in a 50 L container as it’s too bloody heavy /risky for plants to do so as I ain’t exactly the biggest guy lol.
Is there anything at all I can do to ensure that they both get enough light going forward, like pruning inside of the both of them ? Also do I give double the nutrients (seems like a daft question but u never know) . Btw there’s a purple auto,watermelon o.g+a Bubba in background. Cheers kids. Opih8.
Btw 2, ww&Durb are in blue pot.

CA36EA1A-5CFE-4FE3-ADCA-931AE1D2F562.jpeg

3B4E15CC-3FA2-4D47-92FB-A7EF42B1A4D1.jpeg

07C627EA-8FD8-446E-883A-8E9D2D5E93C4.jpeg

Hi dudes,
Problems, problems , always effing problems to be resolved !
Latest one - gave seeds to ‘mate’ to germinate as I did not have a green finger for seedlings at all. After 6/7weeks hassling got a Wwidow + Durban in same pot back from him . They were fuckin soaking so I had to wait days for it to dry out b4 repotting it , when I did I found that there was absolutely no way that I could confidently separate the two as they were completely entangled. So one question is what the fuck do I do with them !! They’re in a 25 l pot just now so wouldn’t really be prudent to put in a 50 L container as it’s too bloody heavy /risky for plants to do so as I ain’t exactly the biggest guy lol.
Is there anything at all I can do to ensure that they both get enough light going forward, like pruning inside of the both of them ? Also do I give double the nutrients (seems like a daft question but u never know) . Btw there’s a purple auto,watermelon o.g+a Bubba in background. Cheers kids. Opih8.

CA36EA1A-5CFE-4FE3-ADCA-931AE1D2F562.jpeg

3B4E15CC-3FA2-4D47-92FB-A7EF42B1A4D1.jpeg

07C627EA-8FD8-446E-883A-8E9D2D5E93C4.jpeg
The only way to separate roots that have found is to run water through them.
Or cut down the middle and make sure you don’t cut the tap root.
They will be better off in separate pots.
One will always be fighting the other for nutrients.
Otherwise you will need a huge pot of living soil to try and do a decent double.
Hope everything goes well.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

You can leave them both in the same pot, it's not optimum, and growth on both plants will suffer some. Don't double the nutes!!!! The other option is to cull the smaller of the two, or take clones from the smaller one and then cull it.
I wasn’t actually meaning double as such - just now I am only putting same amount that I put in every pot . Should I put nutes in for both plants ?

I wasn’t actually meaning double as such - just now I am only putting same amount that I put in every pot . Should I put nutes in for both plants ?
They share the same soil, so fertilize as you do with the other single plants. They may require more frequent watering/nutes.

The only way to separate roots that have found is to run water through them.
Or cut down the middle and make sure you don’t cut the tap root.
They will be better off in separate pots.
One will always be fighting the other for nutrients.
Otherwise you will need a huge pot of living soil to try and do a decent double.
Hope everything goes well.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Ta, by time I got them the seedlings were only few cm but the roots were absolutely intertwined . He had kept them in stasis as far as height went but the roots had been going at it for 6 weeks. I did try with water but too many roots were starting to break and I wasn’t wanting to fuck em up .

Are the plants still in veg? If so I would get the 2 separated. It’s not very difficult. Yeah the roots may be tangled but you could get them apart. I’d get me a tub of water and slowly work the soil out of the roots. The water will help loosen things up and help the roots untangle themselves. Once I can see how the roots are tangled I’ll try to work them free. Once I get the majority or roots separated I’ll cut the few remaining feeder roots. Then I’ll put it in some moistened soil and let her go.

Ta, by time I got them the seedlings were only few cm but the roots were absolutely intertwined . He had kept them in stasis as far as height went but the roots had been going at it for 6 weeks. I did try with water but too many roots were starting to break and I wasn’t wanting to fuck em up .
Just saw you tried that. Ignore my post. There are videos of people actually cutting the roots back to prevent root balls.

No worries dude cheers for the input
I’d have to look at this situation in multiple ways.

Do I leave it as is and suffer a low yield.
Do I leave it as is and lose them both.
Do I just get them apart and double yield if they survive.
Do I get them apart and lose them both.

Risks with reward or Risks with no reward. If it were me I’d get them apart. Good luck mate.

Will that not just encourage them to fight for what is basically half the nutes that they would normally get mate ?
Do what you want.
Edit: They’re fighting for root space, not as much for nutes, as a result you’re not going to get twice as much plant mass by planting two plants in a pot. You’re gonna get two plants about half the size of if there’d of only been one. So why would you double fertilize?

Hey Opi,

My 2 cents... I would grow them together in a 10 gal pot. Not a deep pot. Like these 10 gal I am now using (pic). Treat the duo as if an extra-hungry single plant (water/nutes). When they are in late veg or early flower, give 'em a good internal pruning to remove small branches and improve air flow. If you are cloning, you can always do another round. :ciao:
1706083257676.png

Do what you want.
Edit: They’re fighting for root space, not as much for nutes, as a result you’re not going to get twice as much plant mass by planting two plants in a pot. You’re gonna get two plants about half the size of if there’d of only been one. So why would you double fertilize?
That’s why I freaking asked mate -even on THIS ONE TOPIC there’s been 3 different suggestions so one figures shit out from the different ideas and which ones are feasible or not ! No need to treat someone like a divvy,

Hey Opi,

My 2 cents... I would grow them together in a 10 gal pot. Not a deep pot. Like these 10 gal I am now using (pic). Treat the duo as if an extra-hungry single plant (water/nutes). When they are in late veg or early flower, give 'em a good internal pruning to remove small branches and improve air flow. If you are cloning, you can always do another round. :ciao:
1706083257676.png
Hiya, they’re in a 26L ‘tugg’(planter) -app 7 gallon just now. I’m fuckin arthritic now so wouldn’t have the confidence in my strength to try and transplant them again. I’m keeping them separated as much as possible with about as LST as you can get i.e. a big stick lol. So hopefully in bout 3/4 weeks I’ll grab some clones from the inside of both of them and do bit of defoliating.
Hey Opi,

1706083257676.png
cheers man , as far as the plants themselves are concerned the yield does not adversely affect me as much as end quality and if ( emphasis on ‘if’ ) I can get a plant that gives me a 1 plant yield (5oz+/-) from it that has got good Widow and good Durban buds on it I’ll be a happy enough camper

Hiya, they’re in a 26L ‘tugg’(planter) -app 7 gallon just now. I’m fuckin arthritic now so wouldn’t have the confidence in my strength to try and transplant them again. I’m keeping them separated as much as possible with about as LST as you can get i.e. a big stick lol. So hopefully in bout 3/4 weeks I’ll grab some clones from the inside of both of them and do bit of defoliating.

cheers man , as far as the plants themselves are concerned the yield does not adversely affect me as much as end quality and if ( emphasis on ‘if’ ) I can get a plant that gives me a 1 plant yield (5oz+/-) from it that has got good Widow and good Durban buds on it I’ll be a happy enough camper
Sounds good, bro. I'd love to see some photos when they are in flower. :ciao:

just run it as a single plant. it might feed a little more often but that will be it. don't double your nutes or anything. if they are different strains or wildly separate phenos they might fight each other in flower.

-even on THIS ONE TOPIC there’s been 3 different suggestions so one figures shit out from the different ideas and which ones are feasible or not !
We all have to keep a couple of things in mind. First is that we cannot be there with you to see what you see; we can rely on the photos but it is not the same as being able to touch the plant or soil, or move the leaves apart to see the growth, and so on. So the best we can all do is give pointers and suggestions based on what we see and our own experience.

Will that not just encourage them to fight for what is basically half the nutes that they would normally get mate ?
I say no, they will not fight. To me, the way to look at it is that there are two plants living in the amount of soil that the pot can hold. If it was my situation I would continue on paying attention to one pot of soil as the main point and the number of actual plants in that soil no longer matters.

In other words, just like I would do if I want to create a colorful outdoor patio flower pot during the summer by planting 3 or 4 Zinnia flowers in one pot to have a clump of green leaves and a clump of multi-colored flowers. It becomes one pot of flowers and not 3 flowering plants bunched together.

Back to your initial issue when you got your plants back from your buddy. If they were just several cm tall I would have reached in with a small gardening trowel and dug the up and then pulled them apart and planted them in their own pots. No longer even give it a second thought anymore, I just do it and think nothing of it. Kinda rough on them but they are plants but I have the confidence that I can pull that sort of thing off and now do it with all kinds of plants every spring and early summer.

arthritic now so wouldn’t have the confidence in my strength to try and transplant them again. I’m keeping them separated as much as possible with about as LST as you can get i.e. a big stick lol. So hopefully in bout 3/4 weeks I’ll grab some clones from the inside of both of them and do bit of defoliating.
I know what you are going through with that arthritis. Same sort of issue but the last couple of months have been one flare up after another of gout in the same arthritic hand. Had already lost partial use of fingers 3 and 4 over the past several years but now it will be part of fingers one and two plus some wrist strength and movement.

Two transplants waiting in my growing room and I know that I have to reduce the pain in my wrist and fingers before I can start that project. It ain't gonna be easy no matter what.

Do you mean three quarters of a week (3/4) or three to four weeks (3-4). My recommendation is to take a couple of cuttings from each plant within days and start to root them. If the cuttings do not root in the next two weeks or so then there is enough time to take a few more and try again.

as far as the plants themselves are concerned the yield does not adversely affect me as much as end quality and if ( emphasis on ‘if’ ) I can get a plant that gives me a 1 plant yield (5oz+/-) from it that has got good Widow and good Durban buds on it I’ll be a happy enough camper
Have fun, good luck, and all that.

And as Bluter mentions in his msg just above mine, remember to treat them as one plant from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom